Jake in Guitar Techniques magazine

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Ultimate Sinner

Jake in Guitar Techniques magazine

Postby Jake67 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:03 pm

The latest issue of GT magazine has a style article on Jake. GT is a magazine from the UK, but is often found in Barnes & Noble here in the US about 3 weeks later after release in the UK.

Sorry, but I don't have the cover date...may be the September issue. I saw the magazine but opted not to get it...a little pricey and I didn't think the article on Jake was enough to justify the import price of the mag.

It looks like what they did was to come up with a "song" that incorporates Jake's style. That's not a bad thing, but not what I cared for.

I think there's a bit on Zakk in that issue as well.

Wish I had some more details, but I only got a brief look at the magazine on the stands before I had to go. But considering how little anyone writes on Jake, I figured I'd mention it in case you want to hunt it down somewhere.

All Access Member

Re: Jake in Guitar Techniques magazine

Postby _will_ » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:35 am

sounds interesting, I shall try find it. If I do, I will give an overview of it

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:46 am

some of our UK residents oughta' get it and scan it ... and post it :twisted:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:50 pm

I look forward to locating this special issue of Guitar Techniques Sept 2007 issue that has a brief section of the legendary Guitarist Jake E. Lee in their esteem magazine: I've seen this magazine before and purchased a few issues that were to my liking when they featured a band or musician that I digged alot/I have a nice feature coverage of Velvet Revolver a few yrs back and also on Slipknot guitarists James Root & Mick Thompson those scary frightening looking big dudes #4 & #7: they really crazy about their instruments, great story their in this tunnel. And yes it is quite pricey but worth it especially if it's a nice hefty coverage on the music artists that your interesting in. Anyway, hopefully in the very near future this famous European magazine Guitar Techniques will go further and do a nice hefty up to date coverage on the Rebel elusive musician Jake E. Lee as well. Peace.!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:13 pm

It's the August 2007 Guitar Technique magazine issue that Rebel legendary guitarist Jake E. Lee is featured in: I finally located it/and strange it was there all along at one of the magazine vender books, newspapers and mag Shop I like going to 'cause they carry my Terrorizer (now that's another difficult magazine to find). Anyway, it has DIRE STRAIT on the feature coverage w/the Police, Jimi Hendrix, John Squire and Jake E. Lee (his on pg 52) are highlighted in this special issue. It is quite pricey like you said and it's definately meant for the up & coming musician/fan at Heart for it has plenty of skills in this guitar music magazine. If it had a whole bunch of pix of my Rebel JAKE you know that I certainly would of bought it...'I'm like only one pic/I want lots & lots of pix. Smile. With that said it is a treasure keepsake for those up & coming musicians out there & I certainly wish I know how to play a guitar but I don't know: sigh, anyway I'm pleased to have seen that Guitar Technique mag and hope in the future that this esteem guitar magazine will consider doing a up to date feature w/Jake E. Lee (for this was more an nostalgia issue/his Rock N Rebel days with OZZY OSBOURNE)...'discussing his music days with Badlands era period & what his been doing since that time, for he has been involved with quite a few music Projects...'his latest Jake E. Lee "Retraced" is Classic masterpiece as is "A Fine Pink Mist".

I was sorta getting this magazine mixed up with the Guitarist magazine which is also European publication and it's quite pricey, too. This one/the Guitarist magazine done a real nice heafty feature coverage on Velvet Revolver when they came out w/their debut a few years back & the scary Slipknot guitarists twins were also featured (Gary Moore is on the cover) in the Guitarist magazine. Be nice to see a feature of the Rebel guitarist Jake E. Lee in this magazine, also! Cheers. :D

Postby skezza » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:43 am

Well I looked for the september one and couldnt find it. So I might e-mail guitar techniques and get a back issue.
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby rice_pudding » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:22 pm

bout time jake got some coverage.

guitar techniques is a great mag, i've picked up some good tips from it before so i'll defineatly try to get a back issue of this.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...