To all Guitar Playing Members!

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Re: To all Guitar Playing Members!

Postby MrEL34 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:25 pm

I beg your pardon. I did not know that was how you earned your scratch. I might like to ask a question of you then. I've heard of some players using customized wah type pedals that also have added distortion or gain built is as well. Have you ever used or heard someone use a pedal of this type? And if so, what's your opinion?

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:00 pm

No prob, it's cool! :)

Yeah... Morley used to make a Fuzz/Wah. Maybe they still do, I don't know.

Back in the late '70's - early '80's I briefly used a little known Fuzz/Wah/Volume pedal made by a company called JAX U.S.A. It wasn't too bad...I still have it in fact. It says Distortion on the gain control, but it's definitely fuzz. The Fuzz is very similar to a Mk II Tonebender. The Wah wah isn't that bad, but it's definitely not in the same league as the old Vox's or Crybabys. I really like the volume feature. I used that more than the wah. I'm really not a big wah wah player. Some guys can really use wah wah expressively...unfortunately I'm not that good at it, so I tend to put the treadle in the position where it sounds cool and just leave it there.

One thing cool about those "all-in-one" types is it takes up a lot less floor space. :)

Dean
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:04 pm

skezza wrote:Hey Dean, have you got any prototypes playing yet :P Im looking forward to hearing some clips :P

I'm going to send Jefnel1 the prototype in a few weeks so he can A/B it with his Vintage Japan OD-1. Once we're satisfied with it, I'll get some clips going. :)

Dean
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Postby skezza » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:30 pm

Deansolo wrote:
skezza wrote:Hey Dean, have you got any prototypes playing yet :P Im looking forward to hearing some clips :P

I'm going to send Jefnel1 the prototype in a few weeks so he can A/B it with his Vintage Japan OD-1. Once we're satisfied with it, I'll get some clips going. :)

Dean
Excellent, thanks dean :)
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby evilaudio » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:53 pm

This is gunna be sweet. I want one to boost me leads!

First post!

Postby Crackle » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:03 am

VERY interested here . . . especially if it falls into the sub-$100 price range. 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:38 pm

Okay been workin' on getting the JEL OD together between producing our normal product line and another non-music engineering project I'm contracted to do. There's been A LOT of interest here on the board....over 30 of you guys want one (or two!!! :D ). I expected less to be honest. But that's great! The more the better! :)

Anyway, since this is a special limited edition pedal (not part of our regular product line), and I'm not gonna be making a whole lot of profit on each unit, I'm going to have to ask those of you who really want one to pre-pay 1/2 up front ($50.00 USD). I agonized over this for quite some time...but I figure I have to do it because I really can't afford to put out the kind of cash required for pedals that weren't planned for in this years budget.

So, hopefully that won't cramp anybody's style too much, what with it being Christmas time and all. Believe me, I wouldn't have done it this way if I didn't feel I had to in order to get these to you in a reasonable amount of time.

For those interested, you can e-mail me for ordering details at:

mail@cats-eyeesp.com Subject line: JEL OD

I'll give you my paypal info, Estimated lead time, Shipping Charges and a "Order Confirmation Number" (first come, first served).

Keep On Rockin'!

Dean
www.cats-eyeesp.com

All Access Member

Postby Gonzo » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:48 pm

What's it going to look like?

Also have you had Jake's opinion on it?

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:37 pm

Yeah, show the limited editon JEL OD (de Oge line, smile) pedal line "here" once you get it together with the design in all. It will make a great music gadget Christmas present for all those trailblazing musicians out there, Peace!

All Access Member

Postby Gonzo » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:49 am

Any updates? I want one!!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:18 am

Deansolo wrote:
9) Free Cat's-Eye T-Shirt included (100% cotton, Blk or Gry with the Mr.
Mr. Fuzz logo on the back)

Hey, I didn't get one of those :evil: :P
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:14 pm

Okay, here's an update on the overdrive... I realize its just a couple of weeks after the holidays and tax season is upon us. But I only got 3 responses to my post about ordering the pedal. I had approx. 30 members interested in getting one, so I asked for 50% up front. I kinda figured it was fair because the pedal was custom and wasn't going to be a regular part of my product line. The long and the short of it is, I really can't afford to lay out the kind of cash it takes to build 35 pedals just to have 'em hanging on the shelf, so what I'm gonna do is wait a few weeks to see if more of you guys are really interested.

Not to worry tho'...I'm not giving up on the project... In fact I tracked down and purchased more of the rare JRC4558 op-amps, so I have plenty in stock. The main problem is that I just can't justify doing a production run for only 3 people, so if you're honestly interested, e-mail me at: dean@cats-eyeesp.com and we'll talk about building some truly "CUSTOM" pedals. Be aware that at this point they will cost more than a hundred bucks...but I am willing to do it nonetheless. E-mail me. :)

Dean
www.cats-eyeesp.com

All Access Member

Postby Gonzo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:47 am

Deansolo wrote:Okay, here's an update on the overdrive... I realize its just a couple of weeks after the holidays and tax season is upon us. But I only got 3 responses to my post about ordering the pedal. I had approx. 30 members interested in getting one, so I asked for 50% up front. I kinda figured it was fair because the pedal was custom and wasn't going to be a regular part of my product line. The long and the short of it is, I really can't afford to lay out the kind of cash it takes to build 35 pedals just to have 'em hanging on the shelf, so what I'm gonna do is wait a few weeks to see if more of you guys are really interested.

Not to worry tho'...I'm not giving up on the project... In fact I tracked down and purchased more of the rare JRC4558 op-amps, so I have plenty in stock. The main problem is that I just can't justify doing a production run for only 3 people, so if you're honestly interested, e-mail me at: dean@cats-eyeesp.com and we'll talk about building some truly "CUSTOM" pedals. Be aware that at this point they will cost more than a hundred bucks...but I am willing to do it nonetheless. E-mail me. :)

Dean

Hey Dean I emailed you but didn't get a response, shall I email you again?

Has Jake given it a seal of approval?

Cheers

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby evilaudio » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:15 am

<====== No Paypal
I am a creature of cash.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:22 am

evilaudio wrote:<====== No Paypal
I am a creature of cash.

"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...