Got to meet Jake once.

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Got to meet Jake once.

Postby MrEL34 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:21 pm

For my first post I'm going to share a little bit of my personal shame. I have followed Jake since the Ozzy days. I saw him @ the US festival in 83. I Loved the direction of Badlands. Yada yada yada. After Ray Gillens death Jake wnet on a mini tour in California with a new band the name of whick i don't even remeber. He had this ancient cadaver of a singer. It was in a little rock club in San Jose called the Cactus Club. Only 50 or so people showed up for the show. I didn't recognize any of the songs but that didn't matter cause it was Jake. Now I'm not a typical "hero worshipper" but on this night i was out of my mind. He talked with me for quite a while right after the show. He even asked me about his tone cause he was trying out some Peavy amps that I guess he was endorsing and didn't have it dialed in yet. Now I imagined that if I was to ever get to talk to him I would be able to converse like one musician to the other, but not this night. I frreakin stalked him when he went into the bathroom. I couldn't even let the dude take a leak in peace. When I think about it i am ashamed. But Jake was totally cool. Never appeared to be bothered. I wish I had a chance to meet him again so I could be myself. I mean I am such a fan that I perfected his tone on my equipment. All of my musician friends remaked on how I nailed his tone. I could probably be in a Badlands cover band cause I know his songs so well. I have an old marshall jmp 100w head that has been modified with el34 valves and an extra transformer . also the preamp sectioon has 3 12ax7 groove tubes, but the signal cascades from one tube to the other instead of running in series. It's the baddest tone I have evr heard. So i guess hindsight is 20/20. Sorry Jake. Your'e still the "Man".

Ultimate Sinner

Re: Got to meet Jake once.

Postby Ninevah123 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:58 am

I never got to meet Jake and the more I think about it I probably wont.I did get to see him play with BadLands which was wonderful.Dont be ashamed about following him into the mens room,he was probably used to it!!!

Return to All things Jake E Lee...