Badlands......don't like 'em

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: Badlands......don't like 'em

Postby macheted01 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:22 pm

Sorry, but dont get it. If you dont like Badlands, why are you even here? This is the project that Jake was able to speak freely through his guitar. In Ozzy he was great and filled some pretty big shoes. After all Brad Gillis stepped in for a moment and did a fair job for what it was. I would like to see someone play side by side with Jake and keep up. Looking forward to hear the new project he is working on and see what he has to offer. With Ray and the rest of the guys he was truly happy and did what they want and that is what matters the most. I hope he is able to find that again.

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:11 pm

Great post Macheted01, well said!

Postby Cody » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:40 pm

On Evilaudio's first post - I disagree that Jake's better than Randy; Randy's compositions with Ozzy were better than Jake's overall, in my opinion. I think Randy was just a mite better technically (when all is taken into consideration) as well, though he didn't really have as many guitar acrobatics up his sleeve as Jake. Bark at the Moon isn't really noteworthy, except for about 4 tracks; a lot of the stuff of Ozzy's from the Lee-era, is just a rehashing of the pedal-note style brought to the forefront by Rhoads. I feel a lot of that stuff is really imitative of him, honestly. You've gotta think back to 1979-1980 and what Jake was doing then, when Randy debuted with Ozzy, to make an even comparison of the two. If one were to listen to the albums, you could deduce that Jake had more speed, but as far as saying Jake is better, I wouldn't say that. If anything, Jake has/had slightly more speed, but Randy was by far Ozzy's best composer.

Badlands is better than what Jake did with Ozzy, I think. Athough I never liked Ray Gillen's vox (sounds too much like Plant). Listening back, it sounds as though Jake was under the duress of Ozzy, who probably told him to basically do what Rhoads did, at that time in his life.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:27 am

LOLLOL So what? Shut-up and play your guitar! :lol:

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Nikki_Saixx » Thu May 29, 2008 2:48 pm

I knew Jake firstly from BADLANDS, and then, a little later I heard "The Ultimate Sin", and then "Bark at the Moon". And I love all this Jake's stuff, no matter is it bluesy stuff, or is it more metallic stuff, as "Unltimate"... For now "Bark at the Moon" is my favorite work, and I've got very interested with Ozzy Osbourne's live gigs in 1983-1986. Jake did a great show!

Previous

Return to All things Jake E Lee...