Help with BATM sounds!!

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Help with BATM sounds!!

Postby rulin5150 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:23 am

I just purchased from Itunes both Bark at the Moon and Ultimate Sin albums. THEY ARE NOT the same albums I have embedded in my brain from my youth.......can anyone tell me what has happened to these remixed albums...there are drum fills, guitar fills and sounds that were not present on the original recordings.....were these re-recorded with another guitarist????? all the guitar parts sound differend...but the solos are original......what did Ozzy do to these?????

All Access Member

Re: Help with BATM sounds!!

Postby _will_ » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:20 am

Rock n Roll Rebel sounds Zakk-i-fied on the remasters

Postby skezza » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:45 am

Hey Rulin,
In 2002 Ozzy "remastered" (yeah right) the Bark at the Moon album and rather than remastering he decided to butcher it like a stress doll or something.

The main changes your talking about, on Bark at the Moon the song he seems to have reduced the keyboards to almost 0 volume. They are practically inaudible unless you have the speakers very loud. He has also reduced the sound of the lead guitar in both solos, and increased the volume of the rythm making it more difficult to hear. As for there being drum fills and guitar fills not being there, I think you have probably downloaded the remasters, BUT, the Ultimate Sin hasnt had any changes to it because he was not allowed to, thats why its been taken off the collection.
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:51 am

_will_ wrote:Rock n Roll Rebel sounds Zakk-i-fied on the remasters

fortunately that's not true ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:31 am

I just found an original pressing of Blizzard of Ozz at a used cd store. So now I just need to get an original Bark At The Moon and I will have all the original pressings in there un-mastered analog glory.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...