JAKE & SHARON?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Ultimate Sinner

JAKE & SHARON?

Postby AZFF » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:49 pm

Well, I know that Jake and Ozzy didn't really get on well with each other, but, did Jake and Sharon get along with each other?

All Access Member

Re: JAKE & SHARON?

Postby Shadow » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:47 pm

I believe that the two "head strong" minded professional music people got along in the beginning just fine but toward later yrs things turned not so nice/due to the heavy tension in the business (from the media/press & management) & we all know what that lead to. Anyway, Manager/Promoter Ms. Sharon Osbourne was quite impressed with Guitarist Jake E. Lee playing style in whom Co-written some pretty amazing treasure vintage tunes that appeared on the Ozzy Osbourne "Bark At the Moon" & "Ultimate Sin" Classic albums and done a remarkable job of adding his own unique flame to the earlier Classic Co-works of Rhoads/Osbourne & Daisley treasure tunes with the ultmost care & respect when he'd played them live.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:51 pm

Jake was always laid back and cool and wasnt in it for the money and Sharon seems to be all about money and nothing else so im sure they probably didnt get along. But i have to admit that had it never been for Sharon Osbourne Ozzy never would have had much of a solo career and therefore we might have never heard of Jake.e.lee. But i cant really say that because a guitar player as talented as Jake would have surfaced some way or the other. But his name probably wouldnt be Jake.e.lee and it would still be just plain ol Jakey Lou Williams :roll: and that doesnt sound as cool as Jake.e.lee :roll: anyway i am just rambling now so il shut up.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Ninevah123 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:54 pm

Jakey Lou Williams is way cooler than E Lee and I wish he would change it back.As for the Osbournes it would be nice if we could keep this board an Osbounrne free zone as I cant stand that fat git or his repulsive fuckin wife.They still maintain that drunk and drug fuelled Ozzy wrote Bark and Ultimate with almost no credit being given to the workhorse and talent in the band...Mr Jakey Lou Williams.They money grab at every opportunity and made their millions off the back of other people. Ronnie Dio said that Geezer told him that Ozzy never even wrote the lyrics in Black Sabbath never mind any music...I mean Ozzy write music.... dont make me laugh.

As far as Jake only being known thanks to the fat drunk one, thats a laugh.He would have been picked up by anyone with an ear for brilliance and made his fame and money far away from the Sharon Osbournes of this world.I loathe Ozzy...the day he comes out and tells us the truth about Jake's songwriting on Bark and Ultimate and drops a few million dollars into his bank account then begs for Jake's forgivness for being an ungrateful bastard then maybe i'll change my mind.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:41 am

That was actually kind of a problem between Dio and Geezer. When Dio joined Sabbath he took over the lyrics and Geezer felt kind of left out.

I don't think we can keep the board "Ozzy-free", after all, that was Jake's career shining moment.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby evilaudio » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:34 pm

mrmetal wrote:That was actually kind of a problem between Dio and Geezer. When Dio joined Sabbath he took over the lyrics and Geezer felt kind of left out.

I don't think we can keep the board "Ozzy-free", after all, that was Jake's career shining moment.

Yep.
I think I've been pretty adamant of my opinion on Jake's work post-Ozzy.

On, another note: I always thought the lyrics to Bark At The Moon a bit fishy. If you read the lyrics, they are a metaphor for Ozzy's career, up to that point. The premise of viewing Ozzy as a supernatural beast returning from the grave and overcoming some curse to exact his revenge on those that offended him always seemed a bit beyond Ozzy's talents as a lyricist. As genius as they seem, those aren't Ozzy's lyrics.
I ain't buying it. Someone (Daisly?) is getting screwed. I'd like to hear Jake's unbridled opinions and recollections on the writing processes for BATM.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:49 pm

evilaudio wrote:
mrmetal wrote:That was actually kind of a problem between Dio and Geezer. When Dio joined Sabbath he took over the lyrics and Geezer felt kind of left out.

Yep.
I think I've been pretty adamant of my opinion on Jake's work post-Ozzy.

On, another note: I always thought the lyrics to Bark At The Moon a bit fishy. If you read the lyrics, they are a metaphor for Ozzy's career, up to that point. The premise of viewing Ozzy as a supernatural beast returning from the grave and overcoming some curse to exact his revenge on those that offended him always seemed a bit beyond Ozzy's talents as a lyricist. As genius as they seem, those aren't Ozzy's lyrics.
I ain't buying it. Someone (Daisly?) is getting screwed. I'd like to heglobalar Jake's unbridled opinions and recollections on the writing processes for BATM.

Daisley affirms that he wrote the lyrics to the first three albums. I don't think Jake is a lyricist, but I don't know, he may have contributed. I wasn't there. There is a post here with a Daisley interview where that very thing is discussed.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby evilaudio » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:52 pm

OT:
Why when MR Metal quoted me, did the word "hear" reprint in the quote as "heglobalar"? The word "Global" inserted into "hear"? 8O

Now I KNOW the Illuminati are out to get me!!! :lol:

Postby skezza » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:18 pm

evilaudio wrote:OT:
Why when MR Metal quoted me, did the word "hear" reprint in the quote as "heglobalar"? The word "Global" inserted into "hear"? 8O

Now I KNOW the Illuminati are out to get me!!! :lol:
8O Trippy? :?:
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:46 pm

Evil shit follows me around. I am used to it. Nothing more annoying than an apparition that thinks they belong here and then bugs the shit out of you trying to get attention.

Go to the light dipshit, leave us alone. ;)

Return to All things Jake E Lee...