Jake and Ray interviews.

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Jake and Ray interviews.

Postby MrScary1971 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:20 am

I like the end of Ray's interview where it said he was working with an L.A. guitarist who he didn't want to name. At that time George Lynch was trying to coax Ray to join Lynch Mob and record LM3. Instead Ray and George recorded the tune "Flesh and Blood" for George's solo disc Sacred Groove. I wish Ray would have made a Lynch Mob record but the rest is history.

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:16 pm

i have the London Astoria gig they were talking about on cd. a clerk in a guitar shop gave it to me. he said he recorded it off the radio in 92 i think. you can hear tommy vance talking at the end saying the band had just split.
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby gillenfan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:10 pm

So, When did they record the DUSK Lp and when did John West enter the picture?
Badlands music still stands the test of time, Aleast for me. I still listen to them regularly! People say the debut is the best, I disagree-Voodoo Highway& Dusk come first. The band doesn't sound "dated". They could be on a bill w/ the Black Crowes, w/ Zeppelin(you know they're gonna tour!!), the Allman's, even the White stripes or any other blues/r&b/rock band around today.

p.s. Anyone have the JW demos w/ Badlands?

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:36 pm

I liked Badlands and all, but I don't think they were in the same league as the Allman's. Duane was the man....

Previous

Return to All things Jake E Lee...