Jake is working on some heavy stuff !!!!

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Jake is working on some heavy stuff !!!!

Postby Doobie » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:37 am

Badseeddbs wrote:Best of luck Jake, prove us all wrong!!

Yea, what he said!! We're ready :twisted:

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:04 pm

Fretman wrote: Lol...I've never heard of Otep or Camo-tattoo guy. I don't have the warm fuzzies over this either, but I'd like to at least give it a listen before I proclaim it to be shitty.

The latest Evergrey kicks ass...I haven't heard the other two you mentioned.

Well, I didn't say it was going to be shitty, I just said Otep blows and there are better metal artists out there - which is the truth. I would rather Jake stick to his hard rock roots, but hey, it's his gig and he can do whatever he wants.

Sonata Arctica may be to Helloweenish for ya, but Nightwish is pretty damn good.

Although lately the wife has been burning me out on that one....she loves Nightwish.

All Access Member

Postby _will_ » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:11 pm

I don't know if I will like it, but you can't expect Jake to do another Badlands type record, I find that the variation is more interesting.
e.g. ZW's recent music has sadly put me off a lot of his older stuff. (not bashing, his style inspired me to start guitar, and a lot of his patterns form the basics for me). I just see a lot of it as repeating now. I would like to see Jake vary a lot, and then there maybe something for whatever mood I am feeling in.
Rarely feel like ye ol' gangsta rap type stuff though :P

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:22 pm

mrmetal wrote:
Fretman wrote: Lol...I've never heard of Otep or Camo-tattoo guy. I don't have the warm fuzzies over this either, but I'd like to at least give it a listen before I proclaim it to be shitty.

The latest Evergrey kicks ass...I haven't heard the other two you mentioned.

Well, I didn't say it was going to be shitty, I just said Otep blows and there are better metal artists out there - which is the truth. I would rather Jake stick to his hard rock roots, but hey, it's his gig and he can do whatever he wants.

Sonata Arctica may be to Helloweenish for ya, but Nightwish is pretty damn good.

Although lately the wife has been burning me out on that one....she loves Nightwish.
Nightwish needs a better vocalist i think. A good move for the career of that band would be to ditch the female vocalist and hire Kip Winger and change the name of the band to NIGHTWINGER and do a tour with NIGHT RANGER and the bill would read like this

NIGHTWINGER
with special guests
NIGHT RANGER
MOTORIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:50 pm

Annette can sing circles around the Kipster.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:04 pm

mrmetal wrote:Annette can sing circles around the Kipster.
Yea but can she dance circles around kip :?: Nothin like a good ol Bass Playin minuet :wink:

All Access Member

Postby Snowy » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:17 am

harddriver wrote:This is none of my buisness at all but does anyone know how Jake has managed to earn a living for the last 15 or so years ? Just kinda curious :? so dont everyone yell at me and say im being nosey or anything because im very sensitive and i will go cry and watch my Winger live DVD :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:50 am

I'm glad like anyone here that Jake is working again, major kudos to him for that!

Yet, I think the combination of Rock/Metal and Rap, if that's really what we're getting into with this project, should be left to rest. I mean, the Beastie Boys did that 25 years ago or something, we got Anthrax and Public Enemy, then we had Rage Against The Machine who pushed it a little further and then Korn who made something a little different with it...and then a whole wagon of bands hoping in who just tried to find a niche because the genre was very popular...about 10 years ago. I truly think we don't need anymore of that kind of bands right now.
I'm not being unfaithful or dissing Jake for a supposed lack of originality but I feel that everything has been said and done in that particular genre.

But then again, like others here, I'd rather see him stick to his Hard Rock roots and I'm just voicing my opinion...

Previous

Return to All things Jake E Lee...