Whaddya' know ...

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Whaddya' know ...

Postby MetalHead » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:36 am

Ozzy's talking about Jake again 8)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LuF_sgDjdUE
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Re: Whaddya' know ...

Postby _will_ » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:34 am

Hmmm 'Jake, yeah, he's a good player' sadly seems like a bit of a brush off and wanting to change the subject. Ah well, its good to atleast hear about him :) rather than the usual transition straight from RR to ZW lol

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Ninevah123 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:27 am

Who cares what the dozzy old tit has to say about Jake.The only thing I want him to say is that Jake wrote him two albums and made him his millions.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:54 pm

I was taken off the Website Galaxy for a little bit there: the screen went off! I'm like one moment I was watching OZZY talk about the "3" awesome Trailblazer guitarists/Randy Rhoads, Jake E. Lee & Zakk Wylde in his band/which was a pretty nice interview by the way and then I tried to watch the "Rust" tribute collage to Jake E. Lee during his wicked period in Wicked Alliance and that is when the Web Galaxy went blank there for a moment & I found my way back to the da Oge/Jake E. Lee Website message forums...'big smile :!: Anyway, I found the dark Pioneer Prince of Metal Ozzy Osbourne interview on the youtube.com regarding his 3 trailblazer premiere guitarists Rhoads, Lee & Wylde to be quite warm & sincere: I wish he could of said more on the Rebel Jake E. Lee but what he did said was down to earth & to the point "Jake kept to himself/his a good guitarist/musician, that is private and likes to work on muscle cars..." those old Classic vintage cars of the 60's, everyone thought that was quite refreshing to know about Jake E. Lee and the legendary Mr. Rhoads loved Gothic music/so his roots base is quite strong in that and Zakk Wylde as Ozzy put it grown/progress into this monster guitarist...'which is true but I would of "added" he turned into THOR, smile. Anyway, I thought the Ozzy youtube interview was pretty cool and to me "all" the musicians from Randy Rhoads, Bob Daisley, Jake E. Lee, Zakk Wylde, etc.,. that help enhanced the Iconic Pioneer Ozzy Osbourne rich music Career even further certainly within their own music rights have grown musicially, also. Much respects and may the legendary Randy Rhoads rest in sweet harmony.

All Access Member

Postby Gonzo » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:06 am

Is there nothing Jake can do about not getting credit for writing 2 fucking awesome albums?

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:54 am

He got credit, back in the 80s when he did it.

Postby skezza » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:18 am

Yeah, theres another thread where I mentioned I know ozzy said he was a good player but really didnt want to go into depth.
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

All Access Member

Postby Gonzo » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:16 am

mrmetal wrote:He got credit, back in the 80s when he did it.

He only got like $350k for both albums and tours combined and Ozzy got millions and I thought the CD sleeves credit Ozzy to writing all the stuff?

All Access Member

Postby _will_ » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:46 am

In all fairness, that money would be worth a lot more in that time, however, not sure if it is substantial enough, considering the amazing quality.
And I guess his vintage cars weren't 50 years old then, only 20-30, so he could buy more :P

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:30 pm

Gonzo wrote:
mrmetal wrote:He got credit, back in the 80s when he did it.

He only got like $350k for both albums and tours combined and Ozzy got millions and I thought the CD sleeves credit Ozzy to writing all the stuff?

I am pretty sure the sleeve I have has all members listed as writers. Granted, I haven't looked at in months. I always had a hard time understanding the "Jake never gets credit for Ozzy's albums" statement when his name is on the album sleeves and he is more known for his Ozzy career than anything else.

As far as compensation, he did join Ozzy's band. I am sure he agreed to work for that amount, much like we all do when we go to work for someone else. I would expect Ozzy to get most of the profit, just like I get a insignificant amount compared to the millions my company rakes in every quarter.

$350K was not a bad chunk of money for 1983 - 85 or whatever it was. That was more than alot of people were making working for living.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Ninevah123 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:17 am

$350 000 is a pittance compared to the MILLIONS he should have recieved for writing both albums.Jake has said himself he has recieved no credit for the collosal amount of work he put into both albums and tours.Ozzy is a fuckin cheat and so is his wife.They have pillaged almost every band member over the years to get as much money out of them as possible but without financial recompence to those who did the writing..And as far as your comment is concerned about 350 000 dollars being more than what most people earn well thats completey irrelevant.Most people aren't rock stars.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:33 am

Ninevah123 wrote:$350 000 is a pittance compared to the MILLIONS he should have recieved for writing both albums.Jake has said himself he has recieved no credit for the collosal amount of work he put into both albums and tours.

Depends on what the contract said though.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:53 am

Ninevah123 wrote:$350 000 is a pittance compared to the MILLIONS he should have recieved for writing both albums.Jake has said himself he has recieved no credit for the collosal amount of work he put into both albums and tours.Ozzy is a fuckin cheat and so is his wife.They have pillaged almost every band member over the years to get as much money out of them as possible but without financial recompence to those who did the writing..And as far as your comment is concerned about 350 000 dollars being more than what most people earn well thats completey irrelevant.Most people aren't rock stars.

I think it is totally relevant. Rock star or not, he was working for someone else, just like most people that do not own their own business. If he thought he deserved more money, he had three options; ask for a raise, go into business for himself, or go work for someone else. No one made him join Ozzy's band. I bet when he quit, Ozzy said, fine I will move on and not look back.

I wonder how much Jake went in with Ozzy and Sharon on the marketing, operational costs, logistical costs, production costs, etc...

Jake got paid to do a job for an amount of money he agreed to. Funny how Zakk has never complained about working for Ozzy.

Postby Fretman » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:28 am

I've never heard or read of Jake complaining about his money from the Ozzy days.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:49 am

Neither have I. The only thing I heard Jake complain about was Ozzy's busting in his room at 3am with a "song idea" and being too drunk to articulate very well what he wanted.

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...