Check out this ebay item!

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Secret Loser

Check out this ebay item!

Postby seasons » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:21 pm

Look at this thing on ebay. It's a "signed" picture of Jake.

Two points of interest:

1) Totally fake bogus "autograph"
2) Jake playing through 5150 head's!

http://cgi.ebay.com/JAKE-E-LEE-OZZY-OSB ... dZViewItem

Too bad this idiot seller wrecked a cool pic by forging his autograph. Funny thing is, Jake's signature wouldn't be too hard to copy if you really needed to do this, but this isn't even close! I hate seeing garbage like this.

Anyways, when do you think this pic is from based on the 5150's? Late 90's I would assume. But I don't know of any shows from that period.

Let's hear from the experts on this.

Also, I really hope neither the scumbag seller nor the poor fool who is bidding on this item is from this site. That would suck.

Re: Check out this ebay item!

Postby skezza » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:15 am

lol blatant fake
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:03 am

he used 5150's with Mandy Lion right ?
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:51 am

Yes he did why Ill never know!! they always sounded to Mudduy for me I like the original peavey VTMs better
I had one before I could afford to get some real Marshalls.. man I miss that thing!!!
The new EVH head is JUNK!!!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Postby Bluesman » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:31 pm

I have a promo ESP picture that Jake signed for me back in -95.
And that autograph is totally different.

BTW, Why in hell does he want to sell a picture signed by Jake?
Must be fake!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:08 pm

Bluesman wrote:I have a promo ESP picture that Jake signed for me back in -95.
And that autograph is totally different.

BTW, Why in hell does he want to sell a picture signed by Jake?
Must be fake!

Same reason I am willing to sell a baseball autographed by Cal Ripken Jr. - $$$$$!!!!!

Postby Bluesman » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:34 pm

Ok, that´s true. But it´s Jake we are talking about for christ sake.
If I was broke...I´ll probably put my wife, kids + all my guitars on ebay before my signed picture.

Just kidding :D :D :D !

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby THOR » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:38 pm

Jake used 5150 on the wicked alliance tour. Had awesome tone. It's all I've used for 12 years. Most people that I know that have tried them treated them like marshalls and maxed all the settings and had terrible tone. With everthing on 5 these babies sing!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:26 pm

Rather the signature is bogus/fake or not...'I'm totally captivated by this rare vintage picture shot of the electric guitarist Jake E. Lee as he stares "sternly" into the audience. The root force of Wicked Alliance Mandy Lion-vocals & Jake E. Lee-guitars (and also Ray Luzier-drums) toured a heavy set during late '93 & a good portion of 1994, I believe and I'm not sure what kind of amps or music instrumental gadgets the band had during that time but this is clearly a WICKED ALLIANCE treasure moment. :twisted: 8) This is da Oge Jake E. Lee darker side so to speak...'and his captured quite well in this Classic WA live shot & as for the signature/it is always best to have the music artists to sign the photos/documents to make it legitiment. JAKE has a nice fluent style of writting...'so I'm at odds here sometimes the signature does look like Jake's then it does not/the best person that knows the answer is the da Oge/Jake himself & the one that's selling the pic. In any event I must say that the WA live shot of Jake E. Lee on stage is absolutely captivating & "deeply" wicked. Wow, nice! :D

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:42 am

Yeah..That isn't consistant with the 2 signed Pics I have..one of Jake..one of Jake and Ray..One of Greg (from shades record store signing)

Postby Jakk_Zigg » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:19 pm

I remember reading somwhere that Jake's whole 5150 setup was lost/stolen?

Postby THE_GUITAR_NINJA » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:17 pm

MetalHead wrote:he used 5150's with Mandy Lion right ?

Hi, Yes he did use 5150s when he was with Mandy / Wicked Alliance. I got to meet them when they played a couple a dates at a club in Charlotte NC. when I saw that jake had changed from Marshall to Peavey, that was one of the first questions I asked him. Jake said that he had BLOWN UP SO MANY Marshall heads during the Last Badlands tour, and he was not sponsored by Marshall, he was paying for them out of his own pocket to fix or replace them. So his Roadie at the time Pleaded with Jake to find some amp company to endorse him. Jake is a HUGE FAN of Eddie Van Halen, so I think he wanted to get the same tone as EVH.

At the time, Jake was endorsing Spectraflex, Peavey and during VooDoo Hwy days Greg Chaisson talked him into endorsing ESP guitars.

The picture of Jake on stage in front of 5150s is not a fake, but just Jake!!! As to the autograph, I would not speculate one way or another.
But I do have several autographs personally signed by Lee to me and the only ones that I know are not forged....

Tom - THE_GUITAR_NINJA

Return to All things Jake E Lee...