Jake vid :)

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Jake vid :)

Postby MetalHead » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:23 am

so I searched Youtube for the Shot In the Dark video,
but found a live-appearance insted :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMqprYFRljk
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Re: Jake vid :)

Postby skezza » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:16 am

got that one on DVD. its a nice DVD to watch, i just wish the quality was a tad better on the audio sound because i think the video is brilliant. you see some great shots of his beast
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:04 am

Gotta love Jake's footwork right around the 1:35 mark. Although, I enjoyed his hip action just a tad more :wink: Around the 1:42 mark in this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePo0gtjBFNs

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Jake67 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:29 am

It's funny... I just found a DVD copy I have of that show two days ago and sat down to watch it. It was seeing the "official" show from that tour, The Ultimate Ozzy, that made me a fan of Jake's playing. (I think part of it was shown on MTV back when they actually played music all the time.)

I was mesmerized by his guitar solo and the theater of Ozzy running up and throwing Jake to the ground.

I eventually bought The Ultimate Sin album (never had any interest in Ozzy or much knowledge of him prior to that) and loved it from start to finish. (Still have never figured out why Ozzy seems to disown that album.)

The other thing that struck me about watching the Detroit show, and others from that time, is how nice it was to hear lots of new songs. Back then, bands that had been around a while were still in the habit of playing lots of new songs on each tour.

These days, for lots of the older bands, it seems to be "classics-only" while just a new song or two make it into the set list.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:57 pm

Those are some really nice vintage music footages of the Rebel musician Jake E. Lee captured live. I like both video footages of him/his early days with the Ozzy Osbourne band & his later yrs with his own band Badlands are just some of the most amazing/mermerizing Classic footage music material on Jake E. Lee. Although the "Shot In the Dark" video "live" footage was fuzzy/bleary in some areas the music very much saved it due their high energy live performance! I have the Utimate Ozzy/1986 Classic video (that is both live performances, mostly but the "Shot In the Dark" is both live/& Studio filmed as is the Classic song "the Ultimate Sin" both live/& Studio - I like how Ozzy & his band did that!) and it's very "clear" footages & music sound from "start to finish" has great quality and my Badlands-Dag the Giblets vintage video is absolutely brilliant clearity/sound wise everything! Great Classic interviews with the Badlands members: Ray, Jake, Greg & Jeff are put in the spotlight/asked questions & stuff, really nicely done & I found them to be very natural gritty down to Earth musicians. Their very serious & yet quite humorous, too...'Badlands "Dag the Giblets" it's centered around the makeing of their newest song video release "The Last Time" which is my personal favorite video footage of the legendary Badlands...'it captures them in such a raw true grit way/it brings a happy & sad mist to my eyes, very warm/touching & heavy Rockin' Classic song "The Last Time" by Badlands. I wish I had time to watch that Classic JAKE E. LEE music Video footage as well/and some of da Oge's/Jake's special wicked moments in the band Wicked Alliance w/The Beast (I know there most be some WA vintage music footage on the youtube, as well..): maybe next time! Anyway, those are some really special treasure music moments of the Rebel Rocker Jake E. Lee & his music collegues (in whom are "all" legends!) and very much look forward to his newest up & coming music Projects/and hopefully there'll
be some brand new film footages of him (along with his earlier music videos masterworks/so mentioned above!) to be in DVD format for the legendary Rebel Rocker Jake E. Lee has a brilliant vivid classic music Career & presents on stage & off he was/is just Electric magnificent! :D 8) :twisted: Peace & thanks for sharing. Godbless.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:53 pm

Shadow wrote:but the "Shot In the Dark" is both live/& Studio filmed as is the Classic song "the Ultimate Sin" both live/& Studio

as is Never Know Why 8) :wink:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:07 am

Doobie wrote: Although, I enjoyed his hip action just a tad more :wink: Around the 1:42 mark in this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePo0gtjBFNs

heh - hip action :twisted:

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:58 am

Gutterflower wrote:
Doobie wrote: Although, I enjoyed his hip action just a tad more :wink: Around the 1:42 mark in this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePo0gtjBFNs

heh - hip action :twisted:

yea, I was trying to be "socially correct" in my phrasing. :P

Postby perfectstranger » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:17 pm

Well, as far as this topic video's of Jake concerns, I became a fan of his since I've seen the appearence of Ozzy with band in Dortmund (Germany), december 1983. It was a metalfestival, with several hardrock or metalbands, a few weeks later broadcasted on German TV, and I was impressed by the band, the songs and Jake's technique and playing.

It was a great band then. With Don Airey on keyboards and Bob Daisley on bass. Great gig. Now I've got the video of that show, but on a laserdisc now. When watching it, it brings back the good memory of the feeling that night (I watched and recorded it somewhere in february 1984).

BTW, I'm from Holland.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby bubbles » Fri May 02, 2008 10:55 am

perfectstranger wrote:Well, as far as this topic video's of Jake concerns, I became a fan of his since I've seen the appearence of Ozzy with band in Dortmund (Germany), december 1983. It was a metalfestival, with several hardrock or metalbands, a few weeks later broadcasted on German TV, and I was impressed by the band, the songs and Jake's technique and playing.

It was a great band then. With Don Airey on keyboards and Bob Daisley on bass. Great gig. Now I've got the video of that show, but on a laserdisc now. When watching it, it brings back the good memory of the feeling that night (I watched and recorded it somewhere in february 1984).

BTW, I'm from Holland.

This Dortmund show was only spoiled by having Carmine Appice on drums :cry:

Postby perfectstranger » Mon May 05, 2008 1:17 pm

This Dortmund show was only spoiled by having Carmine Appice on drums :cry:[/quote]

Well, don't know about this, but Carmine did a long drumsolo that night, and I don't like long drumsolo's.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby bubbles » Tue May 06, 2008 10:10 am

perfectstranger wrote:This Dortmund show was only spoiled by having Carmine Appice on drums :cry:

Well, don't know about this, but Carmine did a long drumsolo that night, and I don't like long drumsolo's.[/quote]

Well, I am a drummer and I find drum solo's self indulgent and sooooooooo boring! :D

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Wed May 07, 2008 9:17 am

Ozzy has spoken in the same time Jake starts his solo.
Huuuuu it always upset me. The solo is always a very important part of a song for me.

Nice video though

Postby perfectstranger » Wed May 07, 2008 12:42 pm

Yes of course. The solo on mr. Crowley is a brilliant performence, though from Randy's hand. But the solo on Forever (Center of Eternity) is just as good. It were that pieces of music which made me an admirer of the music of Ozzy (solo) and Jake as a guitarist. I like him more than Zakk.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...