Bark At The Moon Guitar Hero 1 100% Full Combo Expert

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Bark At The Moon Guitar Hero 1 100% Full Combo Expert

Postby f4phantom2500 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:33 pm

This song was finally Full Combo'ed on Guitar Hero 1. It was done by another guy a few days ago, but I did it earlier today and got the first video (really good quality, I might add) of it.

I know some of you probably think I'm just doing this to get attention, but I figured some of you might be interested in seeing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9FBqsjcjag#GU5U2spHI_4

The reason that this is ridiculous is because you basically have to strum every single note, and Guitar Hero 1 doesn't have practice mode.

Enjoy!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: Bark At The Moon Guitar Hero 1 100% Full Combo Expert

Postby yellowshirtguy » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:02 pm

Thats pretty cool I guess.

Did you join this board just to post that? lol

Postby f4phantom2500 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:42 pm

I was already a member because Jake E. Lee is amazing, in my opinion. I joined probably about half a year ago but never posted on the forums.

Bark At The Moon is my favorite song in the whole Guitar Hero series, though.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby yellowshirtguy » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:06 am

f4phantom2500 wrote:I was already a member because Jake E. Lee is amazing, in my opinion. I joined probably about half a year ago but never posted on the forums.

Bark At The Moon is my favorite song in the whole Guitar Hero series, though.

How long have you played guitar hero? I just went over to a buddies house and got dominated lol, not as easy as it looks I must say.

Do you play guitar as well?

Postby f4phantom2500 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:18 am

i started playing guitar hero in january '07.

i don't really play guitar, but i do kind of mess around on it, although i'm not good at all lol. i started playing drums in august of '06, but i haven't really played much since fall '07 because i had this crappy electronic kit in this apartment, and now i don't really have a kit here.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:25 am

Guitar Hero is fun as hell. I was getting owned at first.... I had to quit playing it like a guitar though and treat it as a game. The harder levels can give you quite a fingering workout.

All Access Member

Postby _will_ » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:25 am

I was alright at GH3 when I tried it, then the next time I tried it, I was more thinking about it, and failed.

I would rather play the real BATM :P

Postby f4phantom2500 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:45 am

_will_ wrote:I was alright at GH3 when I tried it, then the next time I tried it, I was more thinking about it, and failed.

I would rather play the real BATM :P

yeah, i'm actually kinda-sorta-not really trying to learn it with a tab i found online. the tab i think is a bit off for the solo but it seems more or less accurate. then again i suck a lot at it anyway so i'm just piddling through it. it's still fun though, maybe someday i'll be able to do it, but sheesh that solo is crazy imo...

Postby skezza » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:37 pm

I kind of played it once and got a little bored, plus it was really annoying me :P But i bet its fun when your hammered off your face :P
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:04 pm

That was pretty cool/fun to watch & the game Guitar Hero 1, 2,3 is quite the scene "hit" on the music market: for those that know how to play & wish to know something about the techniques of playing like a real trailblazer musician. So, I guess with each passing music skill test - the journey gets harder/trying to keep up with the next level of Classic guitar songs. Yeah, "Bark At the MOON" is a high voltage masterpiece, I bet it was quite a challenge to keep up with the Rebel guitarist Jake E. Lee for he certainly breath/put alot of "life" into "Bark At the Moon"...'it would be cool to have seen/a computerize image of the trailblazer Rebel playing yet still it was very cool to hear one (of many) of his Classic songs on this hit technique/skills music game Guitar Hero 1! Thanks, for sharing f4phantom2500. :twisted: 8O 8)

All Access Member

Postby Avenger316 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:35 pm

This clip is impressive! I'm forwarding the link to my 2 nephews who love playing the Guitar Hero games. They'll probably be as impressed as I am.

All Access Member

Postby _will_ » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:54 pm

This sounds weird, but is it just me, or for all rythme parts, is GH playing the guitar kinda after the beat, a bit Iommi esque?
It really felt like that, and then the solo was dead on
That is an amazing feat though, it must be hard trying to learn on guitar after you have your mind set on those 5 buttons and your fingers want to go as the game is :P

Postby f4phantom2500 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:46 pm

it's pretty different, but i don't play guitar hero the normal way; i play with my left hand flipped over the fretboard and use my thumb for orange, so it's more like a piano or keyboard.

i'm currently trying to learn the "build up" part at the end of the solo (2:32 in that video), but i can only barely do the first section at about 1/2 speed lol.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...