Check This Out - Dancing On The Edge

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Check This Out - Dancing On The Edge

Postby DemonAGoGo » Mon May 12, 2008 6:04 am

You might have seen this already, but I only stumbled upon this band (the Huckabees) yesterday. Their cover of "Dancing On The Edge" is really well done in my view:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX1-AzZAtL0

All Access Member

Re: Check This Out - Dancing On The Edge

Postby Shadow » Tue May 20, 2008 7:13 pm

Wow, I'm freaking blown away here: they/the Huckebees really did do a clever fantastic rendition of BADLANDS vintage song "Dancing On the Edge" so good in fact I thought maybe their were lip/music-synching & not really playin' the music of this heavy trailblazing Classic from the legendary Hard Rock/Blues band Badlands. I must admit they/the Huckebees had me going there: 'cause that's actually the original authentic BADLANDS Classic recording being played of the trailblazing "Dancing On the Edge" ...'I think/the Huckebees are lip-music synching it. Anyway, it was fun to watch & it's cool that they took this very much treasure Classic "Dancing On the Edge" by Badlands to heart. That's an hellraiser twister of a Badlands masterpiece. 8O 8) :D Peace!

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Tue May 20, 2008 9:26 pm

I agree Shadow that was awesome. 16 years old? I just threw my guitars out the window.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby paul » Mon May 26, 2008 9:08 pm

It was good.
Where was the singer.
I think it was a fake.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue May 27, 2008 12:44 am

makes me wonder, where do all these songs come from ?
and how did whoever put them on youtube acquire them ?
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Tue May 27, 2008 2:40 am

the guy playing drums was singing
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby JR97 » Tue May 27, 2008 10:49 am

Kid was shredding. Nice Washburn Nuno guitar.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue May 27, 2008 6:21 pm

Right now I feel like hidding under a rock: 1st off my deepest apologies to the HUCKEBEE's band for thinking they were/lip synching mimicing Badlands "Dancing On the Edge" it is truelly them playing & singing this much heavy Classic 'blazing rockin' song. I never dawn on me that the "Drummer" was during the lead vocals (and he sounds like Ray, too!) - that's what threw me a loop cause I kept expecting for the other two musicians to sing/and when the vocals started it up and they didn't I became skeptical. I hear vocals but no one is near the microphone...'and all along it was their drummer doing all the lead singer/that really "really" shock me cause it's very rare when Drummers do the lead Vocals as well/that is not a easy job doing both yet still it can be done! 8O 8) :o They/the Huckebees done a fantastic music 'blaze job of BADLANDS Classic "Dancing On the Edge". Thanks for sharing.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Nikki_Saixx » Thu May 29, 2008 2:32 pm

Great job!
Guitar player is really cool :) He reminds me John Sykes in Thin Lizzy time, by his view.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...