My new Jake guitar is finally almost done- pix here

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

My new Jake guitar is finally almost done- pix here

Postby Alkeys » Wed May 14, 2008 8:49 pm

So this thing has a sonic blue warmoth alder hardtail string thru body with contoured heel, carvin neck with the ebony fingerboard, stainless steel frets, gotoh tuners.

I just got the allpartsjapan JEL replica bridge installed and made some adjustments.

With the black pickguard it's got a Gibson T-Top in the neck and a Seymour Duncan PATB1 in the bridge with a 3 way switch.

I'm thinking of putting on the jake pearloid pickguard with some Dimarzio VV Solo pickups- I would put on SDS-1s but I can't stand 60cycle hum in my guitars at all. Other things I'm thinking about, I have some graphtech stringsaver saddles laying around that will fit and also an extra set of black shaller locking tuners- I dunno I like the looks of the Gotohs though and the shaller locking tuners are HEAVY- they kinda weigh down the headstock.

I might actually just keep the HH setup with a 3 way switch instead of the HSS setup with a 5 way just because it's simpler and less things to think about etc... Besides with Jake doing Ozzy stuff, I doubt he ever used position 2 and 4 that much in any of the Ozzy work- it seemed to be either bridge JB or a neck SDS1 sound to me- I dunno- What do you guys think of my geeetarr? Comments.

All Access Member

Re: My new Jake guitar is finally almost done- pix here

Postby Charvelised » Thu May 15, 2008 3:23 am

Lovely Daphne Blue!

Postby SunTzu » Mon May 19, 2008 8:29 pm

Looks great. My preference would be the SSH setup, but your call, either way it looks awesome.

Postby skezza » Mon May 19, 2008 11:19 pm

That is beautiful. I have Gotoh tuners on a couple of my guitars and i tell you, one set is at least 25+ years old and they are by far the best set of tuners ive ever seen. They are just brilliant!
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

All Access Member

Postby andy_cain » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:15 pm

Nice looking guitar, great color choice

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:05 pm

Very good work, and a great lookin' ax, Alkeys!! I presume this is the no-string version. Heh-Haaah Just yanking your chain, bud!
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Well made quality JEL Guitar design/it's quite stunning: with it's glossy finish. And yeah my 1st thoughts were it's lovly where are the guitar strings that must go with it. Even though it is known & I've seen stringless guitars that had some type of hi-fi motion lights on them which is pretty alright but obviously the power of the guitar strings is a must! 8) Anyway, that's real solid cool Jake E. Lee guitar model: and once you get your strings I'm sure it will bring you much heavy enjoyment. 8O :P Peace!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:45 pm

Shadow wrote:I've seen stringless guitars that had some type of hi-fi motion lights on them

What ?
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Return to All things Jake E Lee...