Pot specs on Jakes Charvelized strat

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Pot specs on Jakes Charvelized strat

Postby jctaudiodesigns » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:35 am

Hello all, I am new around these parts, but I am happy to be here. I am working on my own replica of Jakes Charvelized guitar. I am starting with a 2006 American strat. I ordered the JB Trembucker (I think maybe I should have just got the regular JB) But I was wondering does anyone know what value pots he used for the volume and tone controls?

Re: Pot specs on Jakes Charvelized strat

Postby jefnel1 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:47 pm

If I were to guess, I would say 500k. The 250k ones are too trebly, and with the JB and SDS1's, they would be WAY too trebly.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:22 pm

jefnel1 wrote:If I were to guess, I would say 500k. The 250k ones are too trebly, and with the JB and SDS1's, they would be WAY too trebly.

wouldn't 500k pots be treblier than the 250k pots ?
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby timstar » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:42 am

i have a 500k and it sounds great.

The SDS1 are NOT a trebly pickup in any way shape or form, infact the exact opposite. I know why Jake does this, because the louder you get the treblier everything gets and this kinda compensates. And Jake always played loud, even in the studio.

I would say go for 500ks

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby evilaudio » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:48 pm

jctaudiodesigns wrote: I ordered the JB Trembucker (I think maybe I should have just got the regular JB)

Trembucker just means the poles are spaced for Fender or Floyd string spread. Regular JB would be "Gibson" spaced.

All Access Member

Postby timstar » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:50 am

Regarding the TB SH pickup option, yes a TB is probably better suited to a strat but to be honest I have a SH and they just sound nicer to me even though they dont quite fit as well. The other thing you have to consider is that the TB option is quite a new thing, so probably wasn't around when Jake had his JB intalled into whitey. Not 100% about that though.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...