Guitar World looking to tab Ozzy song

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Ultimate Sinner

Guitar World looking to tab Ozzy song

Postby Jake67 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:16 pm

http://www.guitarworld.com/

Each week, Guitar World lets people vote on what song by a given artist they'd like to see tabbed in a future issue.

This time, it's Ozzy. As of this moment, two Zakk songs lead, but it's early voting. Obviously, I'd like to see one of Jake's songs featured not so much for the tab itself (which you can get in a number of places), but, as always, in the hope we might see a good story about Jake.

Sadly, these polls often turn into song popularity contests rather than tabbing something that hasn't been done a dozen times before. But one can hope. Personally, I went with Centre of Eternity as it's a bit off the beaten path.

Re: Guitar World looking to tab Ozzy song

Postby ryp11 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:05 pm

I know it's cheating, but you can vote, then refresh the page & vote again. You can pretty much do this as much as you want.

The Ultimate Sin is currently leading with 15% with Perry Mason second. Though i love Perry Mason, i'm rooting for Jake!

Go on everyone, vote!! :D

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:55 pm

That was a nice journey into GUITAR WORLD music magazine Website: their an well established & surpeme major music news Globe focasing on many heavy master musicians/bands that sole heart is also embraced in their music. After being entraced by the multi activities on the Guitar World 'site I did highly "noticed" the Ozzy Tab music Poll of songs we fans would like to see displayed in Guitar World: I'd picked "Centre of Eternity" it too has a mighty punch groove like "The Ulitmate Sin" and I love the live performances of those songs from the Ultimate Ozzy Tour 1986 w/the lightning line-up of Ozzy-vocals, Jake E. Lee-guitars, Randy Castillo-drums & Phil Soussan-bass so a nice hearty yes vote for those Classic songs to get a limelight/spotlight music tab in the Guitar World magazine. The song "Perry Mason" that's an interesting titled makes me think of the legendary Actor Raymond Burr's Perry Mason TV series...'but who knows what Ozzy was thinking/properly was a big Perry Mason fan. Smile. Anyway, it was cool journeying there and I do have the most recent issue of GUITAR WORLD August 2008 "Shred, White & Blue" with Super Trooper guitarist Dan Donegan of Disturbed band fame on the cover...'it's a really cool Cover...'and nice musicians/bands treasures inside that magazine! :twisted: 8O 8)

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby evilaudio » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:05 pm

I voted until it went up to 16%. I'll do it again later today.

Postby skezza » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:22 am

I think S.A.T.O, Ultimate Sin, Lightning Strikes, Believer etc basically any of the randy or jake songs would be good, because they are not popular ones for being transcribed anyway :)
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:02 am

S.A.T.O. would be the first solo to come to my mind, followed by the soloing in Revelation ( Mother Earth), and then, say, Mr. Crowley. As for Jake's works . . . I'm all Centre of Eternity into Rock 'n Roll Rebel and then the "Na-na nuh darkness" song.
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby evilaudio » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:39 am

Right now Ultimate Sin is sitting at 17% with Miracle Man and Crazy Babies having 12%.
Crazy Babies? :?
That's the one with backup singers. Wack.
That's how you tell when a rock band has jumped the shark......when they get backup singers.

All Access Member

Postby _will_ » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:55 pm

Where are the backup singers in it?
I like Crazy Babies :P Although if you can't wing it by ear, theres no need to to get it tabbed.
I gave a few votes to Lightning Strikes :D

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:10 pm

Lynyrd Skynyrd had backup singers. That group was badass.... still is actually.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Jake67 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:16 pm

I was originally pulling for Centre of Eternity, but with Ultimate Sin leading, I'm putting my votes there just to ensure one of Jake's songs is the winner. They usually have the voting up for one week and then who knows how long it will be before you see it in an GW issue.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby evilaudio » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:05 pm

Jake67 wrote:I was originally pulling for Centre of Eternity, but with Ultimate Sin leading, I'm putting my votes there just to ensure one of Jake's songs is the winner. They usually have the voting up for one week and then who knows how long it will be before you see it in an GW issue.

+1
_will_ wrote:Where are the backup singers in it?

Pre-chorus.
Nobody's gonna CHANGE THEM CHANGE THEM.
And then the AHHHHS in the chorus.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby paul » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:58 am

Centre of eternity

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:20 pm

To add to my post above: I wouldn't mind seeing both Classic songs "Centre of Eternity" & "The Ultimate Sin" highlighted in the music Tabs section of GUITAR WORLD "soon"...'I digg those vintage music treasures that the Rebel guitarist Jake E. Lee had a very heavy input in & made those Classic songs, etc.,. thunder Rock & breath with life and both earned the honor of being spotlighted, as do all the other Classic songs that were on the Ozzy Music Poll but more so the one's I've mentioned above. Much respects and Rebel Rock On! 8) :twisted: :D

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby evilaudio » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:38 am

Did anyone see the results?

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Jake67 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:21 am

The last day Ultimate Sin was leading Miracle Man 17% to 13%.

As far as I know, the only time we get an "official" result is when the winning song shows up in the magazine.

With lead times what they are for magazines, it could be a number of months before we see the song.

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...