Ratt

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Ratt

Postby evilaudio » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:10 am

Anyone else ever wonder why when Crosby died, Jake didn't join Ratt? Or is that just me?

All Access Member

Re: Ratt

Postby Richard » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:57 am

Robin Crosby Died of Drugs & Alcohol .
Back in 93' I was in a local LA music store I was standing at the counter when RobinCrosby walk over towards me & triped over my foot . One of the sale person's told me that he came in the store wasted trying to sell a humbucker for money.
Jake & Warren DeMartini were room mates in the old day's and Jake tot warren to play guitar etc. :wink:

Postby skezza » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:39 pm

Trying to sell a humbucker for money :| :|
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:14 pm

Maybe he didn't want to work with Stephen Pearcy, or didn't want to be in a 2 guitarist band, or possibly Ratt's glory days had long passed.

I'm just speculating. As with many things that pertain to Jake- only he knows!
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:57 pm

Very sad story for Robin Crosby. Uhhh, that was a very sad story. Dang, what a sad, sad story. Man, that was a really sad story.
"Maybe he didn't want to work with Stephen Pearcy." Ah-HA HAAAh HAhH HAH HAAHAHHH HA HlLLOLOLOLOoOlokhaajolohaah!!! That was FUNN - NNY! Way to go LouZ!!!!
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

All Access Member

Postby Richard » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:12 pm

I am sad that Robin Crosby when in that direction but theres different way's to handle our problems like counseling with a mental health person etc.
I am sad that people don't seek help when they need it.
Drugs & Alcohol is not the answer if you need help seek help go to a Mental health center it's the best way to help you with your Mental Health. :wink:

Postby skezza » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:19 pm

Its interesting, i hooked up with the guys from RATT the other day. Had a good chat with Warren and Stephen for about two hours. I was wearing my JakeELee.com shirt and they thought it was well cool. Warren even took a picture saying he was going to try and send it to Jake. I got my pic with the guys and they were all really nice guys.

However, they mentioned that they'd asked Jake to come on this tour with them, and couldn't understand why it wasn't possible. I'm not sure what part he'd have played, but it certainly had me wondering all of that night.

All Access Member

Postby Richard » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:30 am

That's Cool Skezza.
Were did you bump in to them.
Did they say if they were going on tour etc.
Did they say any thing about Jake ??? :D

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:17 am

the first question that popped into my head was ... why would he ?

seems like he went for a different music direction when he
left Ozzy and joined Badlands. Joining RATT would be ... :?
and as Skezza said, what part would he have played, seeing
as Warren is the leadguitarist. Wonder if Jake would've settled
for the rhythm ? :o
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby evilaudio » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:46 am

Crosby palyed leads...just not on the hit singles. They actually used to duel solos live. Jake would have just played Crosby's parts....only better.

Postby skezza » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:08 am

Hey Richard,
We hooked up with them in Dudley located near Birmingham in the UK. The venue was sort of average size. Probably fit maybe 1000 in i'd say.

I'm not lying when I say me and Warren talked about Jake for at least an hour. There were all these guys trying to get autographs and as soon as we started talking, he literally stopped and started telling us stories about Jake. All the people around were like totally crowded in trying to get a listen while i stood there right in front of him as he told me all this great stuff. He was a really nice guy and told me all the funny stories from the past and mentioned about the day when Randy died, Jake had woken Warren up and said "dude, Randy Rhoads and Tommy Aldridge have died in a plane crash", obviously at the time people thought it was two members of the band but it was obviously Randy and Rachel who was just part of the road crew.

He really loved my shirt and ended up taking a picture saying that he had Jakes e-mail (At least he thinks its Jake) and he was going to send it to him. He mentioned also that he was writing some liner notes for a greatest hits CD and he was talking about Back for More, which was a song that Jake had taken part in and his volume was real loud and then bang, an email came through and it was from Jake. Being skeptical, he replied saying well let me ask a few questions that only Jake would know, asking him stuff like the street name etc and apparantly Jake replied saying "thats 25 years ago dude, i can't remember", however Warren continued emailing and said he got his number but when he rung, it was just an answer phone. Which kind of ties in with every story ive heard about people trying to ring jake and get hold of him. I know Jeff mentioned to me that there was just no getting past that answer machine sadly :( It was actually Stephen and Bobby who mentioned him coming on tour more than Warren. They said they invited him along and couldn't understand why he didn't come. They said they'd really looked forward to it, but obviously RATT do have Johh Corabi on guitar, so maybe Jake would have opened. What a night that would have been for me!

I'd been at the front of the audience right in the middle so Stephen recognized me and my mate instantly, and the first thing he said was "you guys totally rocked out at the front" and the second thing he said was "hey nice t-shirt, Jake was the shit man, Jake was the shit". It was kind of funny, in the gig Bobby had tried to throw both his drumsticks at me and my mate, one for each, but he threw them so hard they hit us and flew off somewhere else lol. The gig finished about 11pm and me and my friend set off home about 1am and the band were still their talking to the fans who'd waited up. Proves what a real nice band is like, really dedicated to the fans.

Bobby even put us on the guest list for the Leeds gig in two days but we simply couldn't make it. Its funny when you meet a band who have toured with such acts as Ozzy and Poison, you really see how humble they are. We didn't get autographs of the band, just photos of us with them, but to be honest, no picture or signature could replace the simple experience of talking to them in the way I did. My mate said I bet they get fans coming to them all the time for signatures and shit and they just answer the routine questions, but tonight was different, Warren, Stephen, Bobby were really into talking to me, Warren especially. He was talking to me as if he had known me for years rather than just someone who'd simply walked up to them and asked for a signature. He put his arm round me at the end and said, "hold on a second, let me just go get something and whipped out this camera from the tour bus and said let me take a picture of your shirt, ill send it Jake". That was kind of an honour! :lol:

Anyway, ive got a few pictures of me with the band, and i got a few pictures of them on stage if anyone wants them uploaded :)

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby JR97 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:12 am

Best story I've heard in years!!! That is freaking awesome.

I can't see Jake in Ratt. And how about that John Corabi dude. Dude is everywhere.

I've also got that issue of GFTPM. My favorite issue! I've got a pretty decent collection of that mag going back to 84 or so.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Ninevah123 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:52 am

Skezza.........WONDERFUL story mate.Your one lucky son of a gun to get it on with those guys.Amazing how Jake's name just lights people up.Miss Robin Cosby as he was a huge part of RATT.The saddest story I heard about him was on a tribute page set up by fans after he died.A couple of metal fans who lived in Hollywood and were driving along when one of them seen this guy shambling down the road.They recognised him because of his immense size and long blonde hair.It was Robin...he looked like a tramp...he had no shoes but was just walking along in a kind of daze.
They approached him and asked if he was ok,Robin smilled and talked with them about the old days.He seemed pre-occupied and moved on.Watching this guy who in his day was one of the biggest metal stars in the world walking away in such a state was heartbreaking.Drugs.....horrible,horrible,horrible.

ROBIN CROSBY.........ROCK STAR AND DESERVES TO BE REMEMBERED

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby evilaudio » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:53 am

All I know, is if I play one more Jake or Warren riff at practice, I get thrown out. :lol:

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby JR97 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:13 pm

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...