Ratt

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Re: Ratt

Postby skezza » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:05 pm

Crosby was a real special guy. I love reading stuff about him. Not only was he a real decent guitarist, but he had the look, the hair, the guitars, you know? It's kind of sad that he died and in such a dehumanizing fashion. I know he technically died of a heroin overdose but when i hear things about his pancreatic disease etc, its real saddening i guess :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZebO6aqCmPY
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:39 pm

skezza wrote:We didn't get autographs of the band, just photos of us with them, but to be honest, no picture or signature could replace the simple experience of talking to them in the way I did. My mate said I bet they get fans coming to them all the time for signatures and shit and they just answer the routine questions, but tonight was different, Warren, Stephen, Bobby were really into talking to me, Warren especially. He was talking to me as if he had known me for years rather than just someone who'd simply walked up to them and asked for a signature. He put his arm round me at the end and said, "hold on a second, let me just go get something and whipped out this camera from the tour bus and said let me take a picture of your shirt, ill send it Jake". That was kind of an honour! :lol:

Anyway, ive got a few pictures of me with the band, and i got a few pictures of them on stage if anyone wants them uploaded :)

What a thrilling experience - you're right, no autograph or picture could replace such a priceless memory that will never be forgotten. They're a bunch of down to earth guys 8) It also says something about Jake that he still garners the respect and affection of his peers.

DEFINITELY post your pictures - of course we all want to see :P

Postby skezza » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:36 pm

JR97, I read through that thing about Robbin. Its such a beautiful story of how one man tried so hard to help a dying rock star and literally had him there, yet, drugs once again stole one from us. Painful to read. Has anyone seen this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6s_bs2Epbw
If he was the former guitarist in this video it has to be after 1992, but didnt that OJ simpson trial end in 1995? Its kind of interesting because when you read they said that Robbin was fat, but in that video he doesn't look too bad. maybe im looking into this too much.

Gutterflower, heres some of the pictures from the gig:

Some from the gig:

Me with the band...
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:43 pm

Thanks for sharing - those are some bitchin' photos - you got some excellent live shots! The ones of you with the band look great too 8) What a night to remember!

...and way to REPREZENT Jake and the board with your cool t shirt :wink:

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:29 pm

Great story and pictures Skezza. Thanks for sharing them here

What's it going to take to get Jake to play live? What I wouldn't give to see him play live one more time in my lifetime...
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby evilaudio » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:44 pm

LouZ wrote: What I wouldn't give to see him play live one more time in my lifetime...

One more time? I haven't seen him once. When he was at his peak...I was maybe 12. :cry:

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:46 pm

man I saw RATT in aussie late last year...how cool would that have been with JAKE :D :cry: never mind.......does anyone know what the single coil is the demartini has in his guitars now?????

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby evilaudio » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:55 pm

Looks like a Duncan Quarter Pound Flat.

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:46 am

sytharnia wrote:man I saw RATT in aussie late last year...how cool would that have been with JAKE :D :cry: never mind.......does anyone know what the single coil is the demartini has in his guitars now?????

I should add how kick ass corabi is not only as the rythm guitarist but as the second vocalist........I wish he had done another album with the crue

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Ninevah123 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:28 am

The guys in RATT still look great,especially Bobby...thanks for posting those photos of the gig.Wish they would come up to Scotland.

LONG LIVE RATT N ROLL.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:20 am

I am sooo Glad Charvel Is Making Those guitars again!!!
Now if they would work out a deal with jake!! Life would be GREAT!!!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Badseeddbs » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:12 pm

Charvel offered Jake the same deal they gave Warren and he passed on it. No way to understand why...

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:10 pm

Badseeddbs wrote:Charvel offered Jake the same deal they gave Warren and he passed on it. No way to understand why...

maybe he got a better deal with ESP ?
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby JR97 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:30 pm

I remember seeing Ratt back in 89/90 or so DeMartini doing the long Lay it down solo. Looks like someone got it on tape in Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV94cw_- ... re=related

All Access Member

Postby _will_ » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:09 am

Badseeddbs wrote:Charvel offered Jake the same deal they gave Warren and he passed on it. No way to understand why...

too early in the morning to remember his name, but wasn't the bassist saying how great ESP were and everything, kind of pushing Jake into it?
And wasn't Jake with Jackson at the time too?

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...