Ratt

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: Ratt

Postby Badseeddbs » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:30 pm

Sorry I wasnt clear..in 2005 they offered Jake the same deal as Warren got for his new charvel series.
Now you cant even order a Jake replica with them.

He got one free guitar from ESP when he did the retraced CD. Not that much of an incentive since he would have made money with Charvel.

All Access Member

Postby _will_ » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:36 pm

Badseeddbs wrote:Sorry I wasnt clear..in 2005 they offered Jake the same deal as Warren got for his new charvel series.
Now you cant even order a Jake replica with them.

He got one free guitar from ESP when he did the retraced CD. Not that much of an incentive since he would have made money with Charvel.

:oops: sorry, I don't particularly follow stratty guitars :P just trying to aid with the Jake history.

I guess Jake isn't really that keen to get his name in the spotlight?

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby JR97 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:27 pm

sytharnia wrote:
I should add how kick ass corabi is not only as the rythm guitarist but as the second vocalist........I wish he had done another album with the crue

One of the knocks I always had against Ratt live was how bad the vocals were. Pearcy can't seem to hold a note and sometimes has trouble finding the note in the first place. And that was only compounded by the severely out of tune backup vocals of Crosby (RIP) and Crucier. The live Ratt vids I've seen with Corabi are 100% better vocally. Heck... Corabi would probably kick ass singing the leads.

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:36 pm

JR97 wrote:
sytharnia wrote:
I should add how kick ass corabi is not only as the rythm guitarist but as the second vocalist........I wish he had done another album with the crue

One of the knocks I always had against Ratt live was how bad the vocals were. Pearcy can't seem to hold a note and sometimes has trouble finding the note in the first place. And that was only compounded by the severely out of tune backup vocals of Crosby (RIP) and Crucier. The live Ratt vids I've seen with Corabi are 100% better vocally. Heck... Corabi would probably kick ass singing the leads.

agree with all of that....man I wish the crue had done another album with him

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby THOR » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:11 am

If you haven't heard "The Scream" check them out. Corabi just rips on it. Another great band that didn't get enough attention.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:23 am

THOR wrote:If you haven't heard "The Scream" check them out. Corabi just rips on it. Another great band that didn't get enough attention.

Had to youtube that name ... never heard of them before.
Found a clip of "Man in the Moon". Here you go ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULxYTXhd56s

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby evilaudio » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:36 am

THOR wrote:If you haven't heard "The Scream" check them out. Corabi just rips on it. Another great band that didn't get enough attention.

Dude, stop talking up Corabi. :x I'm campaining to get Jake in Ratt! :P

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:06 pm

evilaudio wrote:

Dude, stop talking up Corabi. :x I'm campaining to get Jake in Ratt! :P

:D :D IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN :oops: :oops: man I wish as much as anyone here the jake was in RATT......

Have heard and love the scream, great one and only album..."mother,father,son" brings a tear to my eye every time I hear it...

I heard corabi had to fill in for pearcy for the last few songs a couple of days ago....its on you tube, go check it out

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:48 am

Badseeddbs wrote:He got one free guitar from ESP when he did the retraced CD.

he did ? 8O :?
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby evilaudio » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:22 pm

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:01 pm

this model was used on the Retraced record,
but I get the feeling from the interview he did back then,
that it was a guitar he already had acquired on his own.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:52 am

Who is Corabi?
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby evilaudio » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:12 pm

frethead wrote:Who is Corabi?

He's the guy standing in the way of making a good band great. :P

Postby skezza » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:24 pm

frethead wrote:Who is Corabi?
John Corabi is the current rhythm gutiarist in RATT. He's a very pleasent guy and when I met him we had a real funny chat about Michael Angelo Batio actually :lol: He sang for RATT as well when Pearcy got so drunk he couldn't perform anymore so I give Corabi a big thumbs up.

As much as I like Corabi, and RATT were fantastic, I guess it just didn't seem the same without Crosby. I'd not seem them previously, but when I saw them on videos, he seemed to have an immense presence. So sad how he was so close to recovering and yet let it all go. I could go on about it, but i'd rather not.
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Postby soulstealer » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:41 pm

Wow, I had no idea Warren was using a BLACK "Frenchie" now!!! The original was always my favorite of his guitars, but this is extra cool!!!

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...