Ratt

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Ratt

Postby frethead » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:19 pm

skezza wrote:
frethead wrote:Who is Corabi?
John Corabi is the current rhythm gutiarist in RATT. He's a very pleasent guy and when I met him we had a real funny chat about Michael Angelo Batio actually :lol: He sang for RATT as well when Pearcy got so drunk he couldn't perform anymore so I give Corabi a big thumbs up.

Two thumbs up, Skezza! I'm so far out of the loop, I can't even . . . uhhh . . . whatever. I was vaguely aware that Pearcy and Ratt had some sort of falling out, though, when he billed himself as "Stephen Pearcy and RATT" around ten years ago at a bowling alley in Destin ( Fl.), for which Quiet Riot opened. I was awarded the opportunity to shake Rudy Sarzo's hand ( HeeeEEEY! And he was wearing his snakeskin tennies!) and dig for a bit of info about Randy.
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:30 pm

skezza wrote:
John Corabi is the current rhythm gutiarist in RATT. He's a very pleasent guy and when I met him we had a real funny chat about Michael Angelo Batio actually :lol: He sang for RATT as well when Pearcy got so drunk he couldn't perform anymore so I give Corabi a big thumbs up.

As much as I like Corabi, and RATT were fantastic, I guess it just didn't seem the same without Crosby. I'd not seem them previously, but when I saw them on videos, he seemed to have an immense presence. So sad how he was so close to recovering and yet let it all go. I could go on about it, but i'd rather not.

I have just heard the coradi has quit ratt and that carlos cavazo :cry: hope its not true

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby JR97 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:04 am

ya know... i'd rather see some completely unknown dude get the job. Not necessarily the whole tribute band replacement thing that seems to be getting popular, but just some dude that shreds that isn't the same old recycled player from the day. Nothing against Cavazo.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:14 am

They should Call Jake and also get juan back too ..
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:09 pm

stratattack wrote:They should Call Jake and also get juan back too ..

I agree about gettin' Juan to take the stage again, and Jake would be a great choice to pitch "lead guitar" at, or any number of players as long as it's not some guy making a seemingly life and death attempt to play every Steve Vai lick in four and a half seconds. Like, "Thank you. You get a big yellow star next to your name." 8)
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:56 pm

frethead wrote:
stratattack wrote:They should Call Jake and also get juan back too ..

I agree about gettin' Juan to take the stage again, and Jake would be a great choice to pitch "lead guitar" at, or any number of players as long as it's not some guy making a seemingly life and death attempt to play every Steve Vai lick in four and a half seconds. Like, "Thank you. You get a big yellow star next to your name." 8)

if you look at the first page skezza said they asked jake to come on this tour (not sure if was as second guitarist or in a solo capacitiy) and he said NO.....and they tried to get juan when they first got back together and he was a total dick about it (wanting shit loads of money etc)

Postby skezza » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:30 am

sytharnia wrote:
skezza wrote:

As much as I like Corabi, and RATT were fantastic, I guess it just didn't seem the same without Crosby. I'd not seem them previously, but when I saw them on videos, he seemed to have an immense presence. So sad how he was so close to recovering and yet let it all go. I could go on about it, but i'd rather not.

I have just heard the coradi has quit ratt and that carlos cavazo :cry: hope its not true

You know, Corabi does a great job on the rhythm and is a real nice guy, but if he leaves and Carlos comes in, he'd be a great replacement. Jake probably wouldnt return to RATT, if he did i'd obviously say go Jake!! But Carlos is a great guitarist, very underrated and someone ive always wanted to see rip it up live. Sadly, thanks to DuBrows death and Carlos's weak other projects that'll probably never happen so if he joins RATT and gets another UK tour ill be there again. If they get another UK tour ill probably be there anyway whether they had Corabi or Carlos, they put on a very tight show!
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:49 am

I know Juan left The first time because of Steve .. After seein that behind the music Intereview again I kinda have a change oif heart about Juan ,, He seems to Bitch way too much!!!!

Postby chainsaw2 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:23 pm

carlos is a very good guitarist

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Stratmaster90 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:49 pm

Interesting...I always heard from the guys in Ratt that Robin died of AIDS not drugs and booze.
Strat

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby JR97 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:51 pm

Crosby had aids, but he actually died of a heroin OD.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:36 am

Yah it wa an OD even stevenPearcy and Tonni Contain said that on the behind the music Inerview..

Postby skezza » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:52 pm

stratattack wrote:Yah it wa an OD even stevenPearcy and Tonni Contain said that on the behind the music Inerview..
I have not seen the RATT behind the music. Any good? Worth watching? Crosby died of an OD, if you read through this thread theres a link to a story of his attempts at trying to get clean and failure :(
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:25 pm

stratattack wrote:Yah it wa an OD even stevenPearcy and Tonni Contain said that on the behind the music Inerview..

really? I have that show and I didn't hear them say that 8O
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:39 pm

apparently corabi is still in the band, he was with them in cincinnati on the 7 aug but didn't look to happy while on stage

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...