badlands tab's

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

badlands tab's

Postby rustkill » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:33 pm

hi all. jake is amazing on guitar and I was wondering if anyone out there knew if there is tab's out there for badlands dusk? I can't seem to find anything. looking for ( the river, sun red sun, lord knows----an amazing sound!) anyone out there with these on guitar pro? if anyone out there has the skills to put on guitar pro please do!!! any badlands tab books out there? i have the first one would love to have the other two. thanks for any help. i listen to badlands all the time! i saw them in concert with great white and telsa back in the day. before i really knew who they were. how stupid i was not to realize then how great they where and still are.
thanks

rustkill

All Access Member

Re: badlands tab's

Postby _will_ » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:23 am

If given tabs, I'm ok at putting it on GP, takes a couple of hours per tab I guess.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby yellowshirtguy » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:29 pm

I have tabs for the first two albums. The link to them was posted here awhile back but the link has since gone dead. If interested PM me.

Postby idpmofo » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:17 pm

Im interested in tab for Voodoo Highway. plz

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby rustkill » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:52 pm

http://rapidshare.com/files/27383360/Ba ... ighway.rar

go here i had to search forever but i found this one. still looking for badlands first cd and Dusk!! if anyone know where to find let me know thanks.
if link does not work i will post something else

hope this helps

Postby idpmofo » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:40 pm

TY TY TY TY TY TY TY :D 8) :D 8) :D 8) :D 8)

If I can find any more I'll definitely post. Im sure you already have the 4-5songs on UltimateGuitar from 1st album.

thanks again. today feels like Xmas

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Demon_A_Go-Go » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:58 pm

thanks ,could you please share the first album a well ?

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby rustkill » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:27 pm

i don't have the first one on the computer. i have not found it anywhere yet. you can find one or two songs at most guitar pro tab sites. i do have the tab book that i got from a guitar store back in the day. i guess i could scan it for you. i would do it in pdf form. i tried to put a song on guitar pro once but i could not figure out how to do some of the notes right so i gave up. If someone out there knows how to do so you should !!! i don' t think these books are in print anymore so i guess i would not be taking anything away from Jake. if they were to be reprinted i would be buy and think alot of others would to. i am really lazy and it would take me awhile to scan. if you want me to let me know but be patient . after i have it done i will have to find away to upload. i would post here i guess.

i am also still looking for the DUSK album (in full) in tab as a book or computer form. if anyone knows if this was ever in print or where to find it let me know please.

Badlands rules!!

Postby idpmofo » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:49 pm

the first 4 songs off the 1st album are here:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/badlands_tabs.htm

The one song I def. want is "Devil's Stomp"

the main riff is here: http://www.metalriffs.com/DevilsStomp.htm
its not exactly correct b/c I've seen him play it and last 2 chords are 1-3-3 and 0-2-2 (not just 33 and 22, if you can follow that)

Do what ya can, rustkill. I'm fully enjoying the 2nd album tab you posted. I'm still looking and if I find Dusk tab, I'll send ya a PM.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby rustkill » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:59 pm

ok here it is ---badlands first album guitar tab in pdf form.

I went ahead and scanned everything tonight. my dumb ass had to rescan the the first 5 songs because i did not set the scanning setting right and the files were coming out very large. but a few beers later and i have it done.

idpmofo you owe me something like a million dollars i think!! i was nice enough to not make you wait!

i hope that someone with the skill to tranfer everyone one of these songs to guitar pro will do so.

i hope that i have done my part to help all the jake fans out there play badlands better!

again i will ask that if anyone knows if the dusk album was was every tabbed out and printed let me know. i do not think it was ever done but one can hope. or if someone can tab out all songs on the album , pass the info off here please.

here is a link to download a zip file with the songs in it. if i did something wrong uploading let me know and i will do something else. after i uploaded the zip file it said that it will let the file be downloaded 10 times, if no one downloads it after 90 day it will be deleted. it may go away after the ten downloads i don't know so if you want it you better be one of the 1st 10 to download. i don't have an account where i uploaded it.

here you go enjoy

http://rapidshare.com/files/169718744/B ... b.zip.html

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:12 pm

What is the deal with tabs?! Listen to the damn thing.
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Postby idpmofo » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:41 pm

idpmofo you owe me something like a million dollars i think!! i was nice enough to not make you wait!

i owe u more than that. I dont want Dusk tab (yet, lol), but I'll keep looking for ya.

thx a million

Postby idpmofo » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:26 pm

frethead wrote:What is the deal with tabs?! Listen to the damn thing.

what song are you referring to? I've only taken a glance at it, but it looks pretty accurate. "High Wire" was in GuitarWorld, and I know how to play "Jades Song" and "Winter's Call". Those tabs look correct.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:42 am

idpmofo wrote:
frethead wrote:What is the deal with tabs?! Listen to the damn thing.

what song are you referring to? I've only taken a glance at it, but it looks pretty accurate. "High Wire" was in GuitarWorld, and I know how to play "Jades Song" and "Winter's Call". Those tabs look correct.

I'm not bashing you, idpmofo. I don't understand what can come of such great benefit when using tabs, that you don't just listen and learn. I was severely disappointed with some of the most "respected" Tabbers' work, and based on the experience of having looked into them fifteen or twenty years ago, you're going to learn how to play some kind of weird, unconnected bologny, if you learn how to play anything. That can only be beneficial if you learn to play songs and/ or solos both ways, since about half of the fretboard positions are wrong, i. e. , wrong notes, wrong strings that put you in the wrong place. If you look into tabs simply to grade the Tabbers work, then you accomplish nothing. ( Noone knows about this, so don't tell anyone, but, admittedly, in something of a personal quest, I did that for a couple of years. . . in an attempt to discover a substantial purpose for doing what I was doing with tabs!) In conclusion (LOL), given the work I've done with tabs, that's what I think. But, here I go again. You can do whatever you want, and I could be wrong. Good luck with the tabs. :lol:
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Postby idpmofo » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:51 pm

I thought you meant the tabs were incorrect. I cannot play by ear very well but I really enjoy playing these songs. There's good and bad that come from using tab, but i dont see a big difference between a guitarist learning a song from tab and people who play other instruments (violin, piano, etc) learning a song from sheet music.

I enjoy playing guitar and learning songs quickly thru tab helps me enjoy it. That's enough of a benefit for me.

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...