Jake August 2008

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Re: Jake August 2008

Postby Albigensia » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:44 pm

I also have to say, I am SOOOO GLAD that I am the least important person on this planet.

If I was famous (or formerly famous) I could not take all these speculations (about if my wrist was broken, if I was broke and desparate for cash etc.) Nor could I take the constant demands for me to make more music to please strangers.

If I decide for example, to sell this computer I am typing on, that is my concern. And (thankfully) since I am so inconsequential to this world, it wouldn't generate any tragic alarms from Lapland to L.A.

Jake gave this world his entire youth. He gave us his gifts. Isn't it time that we let him have his life back, to do with it, whatever his heart desires? Don't we owe HIM something, for all he has given to us?

All the man is asking for is some privacy!

To paraphrase (and mutilate!) a quote from Sigmund Freud:

Sometimes a guitar sale is just a guitar sale.
Last edited by Albigensia on Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Access Member

Postby cleric » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:27 pm

Albigensia wrote:Does anyone here actually KNOW Jake in person? In real life?

Reason I ask, is that I am wondering why everyone thinks the photo is from August, 2008.

I'm not good at English,but I need to say something. :)

I think you lack a sense of humor,you took the whole guitar-selling thing too seriously.

Yeah,maybe we all don't know Jake in person,but that's the reason why we have the forums,why we here talk about him,all we can do is guess,because Jake himself never show up here to say something real to us.For me,I love him,I care about him,I want to know him better,from music to everything,I don't mind his fans talk about him,people's talking always interesting to me,I enjoy reading posts here,and I can't find anything harmful to Jake in my opion.

After all,Jake is a celebrity,so people want to bid his used guitar,so you can't stop people talk about him:),fans just buy his cds and keep silence?that's impossible.

Infact,I don't care the photo if was taken on August 2008,I just wanna see his new(means I never see it before) photo.

That's my 2 cents. :oops:

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:01 pm

Albigensia wrote:I also have to say, I am SOOOO GLAD that I am the least important person on this planet.

If I was famous (or formerly famous) I could not take all these speculations (about if my wrist was broken, if I was broke and desparate for cash etc.) Nor could I take the constant demands for me to make more music to please strangers.

If I decide for example, to sell this computer I am typing on, that is my concern. And (thankfully) since I am so inconsequential to this world, it wouldn't generate any tragic alarms from Lapland to L.A.

Jake gave this world his entire youth. He gave us his gifts. Isn't it time that we let him have his life back, to do with it, whatever his heart desires? Don't we owe HIM something, for all he has given to us?

All the man is asking for is some privacy!

To paraphrase (and mutilate!) a quote from Sigmund Freud:

Sometimes a guitar sale is just a guitar sale.

I haven't seen to much prying into jakes private life around here, compared to some sites (check out RR.tk for some stupid "what kind of smokes did he smoke" stuff)... also jake "posed" for those photos knowing they would be used to authenticate the guitar ownership so even he would know they would appear online..........

there are negative comments about jakes lack of output, but they mainly come from guys who hardly post at all not the 'regulars' and the topics die a quick death so there isn't any disrepect there either......

one question.....if you think we should all leave jake alone and let his legend die, why did you visit a jake tribute site????? these sites keep jakes music relevent and without them all the great music he has given (and hopefully will give) will vanish....also when he released "retraced" not to many people would have even known it was coming out ..

about the photo....we know its recent because his daughter jade posted a new pic with him late last year and he looks about the same in it so its not to hard to work out its not far off being from the same vintage

its only natural that people want to know stuff about someone the respect....its a fact of life, get over it

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:08 pm

skezza wrote:
sytharnia wrote:gotta agree....even more so considering he sold his rights to his ozzy songs when he left the landed of ozz, so there are NO royalities going his way

He sold them? Damn i didn't know that. Well that was a thing he didn't plan for, ozzy coming back into popularity with the kids and teens, which is what happened in the last 5 - 8 years.

when he left ozzy they offered him a lump sum in exchange for royalities and he accepted

Postby Albigensia » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:10 pm

I apologize fully to anyone whom my post upset. I was just reading all these guesses, "through Jake's ears" as it were. And I pictured him sitting somewhere, at some computer, saying "Damn! I knew I shoulda sold the expresso machine and the lawn mower. That wouldn't have caused Rumours of Great Tragedy amongst my legions of fans!"

It's fine to guess and speculate when you are talking about Great Aunt Hilda's health, but when you are guessing about a famous person, guesses are dangerous. Because today's innocent guess, is tomorrow's great slander. Especially on the Internet.

~~~~~
Let me pose a hypothetical situation. Suppose I said to you folks "That photo is at least 5 years old, and I know because I saw Jake last weekend. And he no longer looks anything like that."

Everyone would pounce, and demand to know what he REALLY looks like today. And any innocent detail I would say, would be passed on, and on, and on... until it emerged into the most incredible story.

If I said "he is about 40 pounds heavier", in no time flat, people would be speculating about his high blood pressure and possible heart attacks he's had, or will have. But if I said "he is about 40 pounds skinnier", that would evolve into rumours that he has AIDS.

Likewise, if I said his hair is lighter, or greyer, or longer or shorter... That too would be fodder for the rumour mills. And God forbid I say "He's actually bald now." First there would be a resounding chorus of "Gasp!" and "OMG"s. Then a collective THUD as everyone fainted. But THEN, the rumour would be that he has cancer, and lost his hair due to chemotherapy, when the reality could simply be that he shaved his head, so he could walk around unrecognized, and unbothered by people demanding his autograph.

I didn't mean any disrespect to any of you. I was just trying to say that innocent speculations on this site, COULD turn into something else that is entirely untrue, on other sites. Because that is the nature of this beast we call the Internet.

My apologies to everyone. And most of all TO YOU, Jake. Do let me know if you ever wanna sell that expresso machine. Because I don't play guitar, but I sure do like my coffee. HAHAHAHAHAHA
Last edited by Albigensia on Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby JR97 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:27 pm

cleric wrote:
Albigensia wrote:Does anyone here actually KNOW Jake in person? In real life?

Reason I ask, is that I am wondering why everyone thinks the photo is from August, 2008.

I'm not good at English,but I need to say something. :)

I think you lack a sense of humor,you took the whole guitar-selling thing too seriously.

Yeah,maybe we all don't know Jake in person,but that's the reason why we have the forums,why we here talk about him,all we can do is guess,because Jake himself never show up here to say something real to us.For me,I love him,I care about him,I want to know him better,from music to everything,I don't mind his fans talk about him,people's talking always interesting to me,I enjoy reading posts here,and I can't find anything harmful to Jake in my opion.

After all,Jake is a celebrity,so people want to bid his used guitar,so you can't stop people talk about him:),fans just buy his cds and keep silence?that's impossible.

Infact,I don't care the photo if was taken on August 2008,I just wanna see his new(means I never see it before) photo.

That's my 2 cents. :oops:

Love the avatar. You are very talented.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:17 pm

Now That shop has that 64 Lespaul SG on Ebay!!!!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:20 am

I'm out..My limit was £1000 ($2000?) with postage and customs fees it'll be EXpensivE!

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:00 pm

Im Going as Far as $3000.00 Im going to wait until the end and snipe it!!!!!

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:05 pm

Stratattack Did you get it? ..Ending price $2225
Had it been in the UK I'd have paid it!

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:16 am

Charvelised wrote:Stratattack Did you get it? ..Ending price $2225
Had it been in the UK I'd have paid it!
No I did not :-(

some guy named Guitar samari got it. I wonder if they are a member here because I swear I saw That user name somewhere before!.
I was on stage when the last hour of bidding was going down.. :-(

But I noticed 2 nice ESP Jakes a a Jake Project guitar on ebay as we;;!!!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:46 pm

Wow, congratulations to the fortunate winner/Guitar samuri on getting the vintage Jake E. Lee guitar prize: it has been dawning that I've seen this treasure instrument a many times in the JAKE Galllery section. The Elusive musician had this rare jem for neon yrs & I hope it is in good hands/it should be in a museum or something & that B/W and Electric blue one, too all masterpiece Classic Jake E. Lee guitars/& the famous guitar companies (Charvel, Jackson & ESP, to name a view) that personally made them for JAKE. I'm sorta melancholy to see it has been sold and hope once again it will be well treasure/it's pretty "clear" that this red-burgundy/black guitar was/is much treasured by the way the legendary owner/guitarist Jake is holding/hugging it in front of that music studio with a big smile on his face. 8) Priceless, great photo!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Badseeddbs » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:23 am

I know the guy who owns this now, he posts on a charvel board. Cool Dude...great score..

Previous

Return to All things Jake E Lee...