Jake August 2008

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Jake August 2008

Postby MetalHead » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:14 pm

johnthebrucelee wrote:
skezza wrote:you are absolutely shitting me:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :middle:uk

note the door covering the pawn shop name has a different look to it :|

Whoa, I don't know if I should believe this or not.. :? I thought that his SG is his most precious guitar.

that has to be the white one in the SITD video ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:48 pm

:D What a beautiful "surprise" I'm all smiles here seeing this much awaited update of our elusive Rebel musician da Oge/Jake E. Lee whereabouts and it's no surprise well of cause his working on his music endeavors that's what his up do. Amazing photo of Jake caught outside in broad daylight taking a break from the music studio (I guess behind him) beaming with joy...'pleased to know his doing just fine, with his scruffy/whiskey dust look hugging his guitar. I can't wait to hear your new music material JAKE E. LEE and the Tour that will back it up/giving it more coverage. You look just fantastic/handsome & happy. All the best and will be keeping my eye on you! 8)

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:41 pm

skezza wrote:
LouZ wrote:I'd be willing to chip in and buy it, then give it back to Jake. Just play the damn thing already!
maybe he doesnt need it?

Skezza, does he have other guitars that he's currently using, which is why he is selling this one?

Or is he selling more of his gear because he not playing much theses days?

I just hope he's not selling off more gear because of lack of interest in making music
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

Postby skezza » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:47 pm

LouZ wrote:
Skezza, does he have other guitars that he's currently using, which is why he is selling this one?

Im sure Jake does have guitars available. Ive seen pictures of Jake using a Les Paul.
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

All Access Member

Postby _will_ » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:52 pm

and an SG standard, probably the one with SD pickups

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:45 pm

The man might just need some friggin cash ya know. I mean its not like hes selling lots of albums or signed to any record deal these days. I think we forget sometimes that the dude is a normal 50 year old man and not the same cat the was touring the world with Ozzy back in the mid 80's. Heck even some of the bands from the '80s that still tour are having trouble making ends meet. Not trying to be negative but even former rock stars are human.

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:48 pm

harddriver wrote:The man might just need some friggin cash ya know. I mean its not like hes selling lots of albums or signed to any record deal these days. I think we forget sometimes that the dude is a normal 50 year old man and not the same cat the was touring the world with Ozzy back in the mid 80's. Heck even some of the bands from the '80s that still tour are having trouble making ends meet. Not trying to be negative but even former rock stars are human.

gotta agree....even more so considering he sold his rights to his ozzy songs when he left the landed of ozz, so there are NO royalities going his way

Postby skezza » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:00 am

sytharnia wrote:gotta agree....even more so considering he sold his rights to his ozzy songs when he left the landed of ozz, so there are NO royalities going his way

He sold them? Damn i didn't know that. Well that was a thing he didn't plan for, ozzy coming back into popularity with the kids and teens, which is what happened in the last 5 - 8 years.

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:02 am

It's on Ebay accompanied by a few more Pics of Jake...I'm watching it...
less than £1000 and it's mine!

Postby skezza » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:51 am

Charvelised wrote:It's on Ebay accompanied by a few more Pics of Jake...I'm watching it...
less than £1000 and it's mine!
And ill be popping round your house to have a look :P

All Access Member

Postby Gonzo » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:14 pm

Where is the white SG now?

Postby Riky » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:36 pm

Q: Is this an original guitar owned by Jake E. Lee himself and does it come with any documentation or proof? Lee. Aug-15-08

A: Yes, did you not see the photos or read the description? Jake traded me this guitar for an incredible $3500 amp.

From the auction.

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:25 pm

Gonzo wrote:Where is the white SG now?

i hope he still has it, I have read that it is his favourite guitar but was to unstable to take on the road........

also good to see he traded the other one for an amp....get ready for the rock to come back from jake

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby yellowshirtguy » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:58 pm

On the ebay link from that other thread the seller commented on how Jake traded the guitar for a $3500 amp. Jake also claimed that was his favorite guitar.

Postby Albigensia » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:32 pm

Does anyone here actually KNOW Jake in person? In real life?

Reason I ask, is that I am wondering why everyone thinks the photo is from August, 2008.

Just because someone FOUND the photo in Aug '08, doesn't mean it was TAKEN in Aug '08.

It could actually have been taken 3 months ago, or 3 years ago, and was just put up on Ebay etc. as "proof" that the guitar for sale is indeed Jake's.

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...