Enuff Z'Nuff - Dissonance reviewed

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Enuff Z'Nuff - Dissonance reviewed

Postby jefnel1 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:55 pm

Well, I got my hands on a copy of "Dissonance" the new Enuff Z'Nuff album with Jake on guitar. I have to say, I really like 80% of this album. By way of comparison, I've liked 0% of every other Enuff Z'Nuff album except for their self-titled release back in the late 80's. Of which I only liked 25%.

I've read that Jake plays on all the tracks except "Chicago", but you really don't hear much of him until "Joni Lynn" - the third track on the Ltd. edition. Where Jake's Ann Lewis contributions featured Jake's soloing expertise, this LP features some of his rhythm chops in repetitive fashion. Good consistent riffs that carry some songs all the way through with no solos at all.

My favorite song so far is "Lazy Dazy". Other highlights are "Dissonance" and "Altered States". I'm glad to hear Jake reinventing himself again, even though it's back to basics playing and a limited amount of effects saturation in his guitar sound. I didn't hear a single Univibe on this album - maybe I missed it!

If anyone else has heard the tracks streaming on Donnie Vie's myspace page, and/or the Dissonance LP, I'm interested in hearing your take on it.

Jeff
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Ultimate Sinner

Re: Enuff Z'Nuff - Dissonance reviewed

Postby Ninevah123 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:40 am

Thanks for the information Jef...can you tell us where you picked up the CD?

By the way...........thanks for all the work you do on this website for the Jake fans world wide,its great work yo do bro........

Postby jefnel1 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:11 pm

Hey no problem. I joind the Donnie Vie club from his website to obtain the CD. He has it posted for download by members only.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm doing my best.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:48 pm

I'm confused. Why was I thinking the name of it was 'Lost In Vegas'?

Postby jefnel1 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:39 pm

Hi Doobie:

It was originally titled "Lost in Vegas" but the limited edition of the CD they sold at Rocklahoma and that is available for download on Donnie Vie's site is entitled "Dissonance".

Who knows what it will be called when it's finally released. I think they also toyed with "Album of the Year".

Jeff

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:20 am

Its Not Bad from what I have heard !!
you can hear some of Jakes Hooks but for the most part it sounds Like a good rock record!!!

I still cant see Jake doing the EnuffZnuff thing but Hey at least heh is working again!!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:26 pm

I could only hear bits on the myspace page. I will wait until I can actually hear some more. Based on what I heard on myspace; I would be able to safely say the ONLY reason I will pick up this release is to hear Jake.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby paul » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:47 am

It is not that great!
Out of every one in this world why enuf z nuff?
I hated them in the 80's and now.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:23 pm

Thanks for the up to date info on the newest album/CD that Jake E. Lee is participating/guest musician on ENUFF Z NUFF's "Dissonance" I must say the title "Lost In Vegas" captures me more, too...'wish that they kept that title. None the less this will be another ground breaking mile stone for the Rebel guitarist Jake E. Lee & Enuff Z Nuff their high caliber master legendary music artists/and I wish them the very best with their new Cd in which I hope will also be available through FYE's Website, too. "I hope all the pix that are here will also be the insleeve booklet for the new album: I look forward for it's release.

Jake E. Lee's "Runnin' With the Devil" will be out September 30th...'I went to pick it up (said it was availabel Sept 16th..'but it was not there, yet made me sorta antsy cause it was not there/when they said it would be) and it's sorta delay in it's arrival & will be in record stores, Sept 30th...'I look forward to that, too! :D :twisted: PEACE.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...