Charvel Jake E Lee Guitars

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Charvel Jake E Lee Guitars

Postby gtraddict » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:21 am

I spoke at length to a Charvel dealer who stated that the Warren DeMartini models would be phased out in the near future to be replaced by some Jake E Lee models. I was not told how many different models, nor what colors will be offered - simply that they are indeed coming. Knowing how slow Charvel works, it will probably be a year or more before the first ones emerge, but this should definitely be a good thing - almost as good as the GMW's that Lee is no longer allowed to make.

"My Humble Collection"
Last edited by gtraddict on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Killer of Giants

Re: Charvel Jake E Lee Guitars

Postby sytharnia » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:07 pm

interesting to see if this happens.......we know jake was offered the same deal as warren, but was said to have turned it down :? maybe he changed his mind?! lets hope so

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:46 pm

still, I wonder what Charvel has to gain from all this ?
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Postby skezza » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:26 am

MetalHead wrote:still, I wonder what Charvel has to gain from all this ?
Good question, with Jake not touring or recording much, it must be quite a challenge to sell a product like it. Also, with it being a Fender, rather than a Charvel, many of the purists will pass, even though Jakeys was a fender anyway, how weird does that seem now aye.
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

All Access Member

Postby Gonzo » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:31 pm

I`ll buy a lefty one!!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:29 pm

skezza wrote:
MetalHead wrote:still, I wonder what Charvel has to gain from all this ?
Good question, with Jake not touring or recording much, it must be quite a challenge to sell a product like it. Also, with it being a Fender, rather than a Charvel, many of the purists will pass, even though Jakeys was a fender anyway, how weird does that seem now aye.

Things that make you go "Hmmm!"
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

All Access Member

Postby gtraddict » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:21 pm

Here's something else to make you go "Hmmm!":

The Charvel Jake guitars are supposed to be released to coincide with Jake's return to the stage for a mini-tour with Ozzy. Figure 2009 Ozzfest-ish.

"My Humble Collection"
Last edited by gtraddict on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:09 pm

gtraddict wrote:Here's something else to make you go "Hmmm!":

The Charvel Jake guitars are supposed to be released to coincide with Jake's return to the stage for a mini-tour with Ozzy. Figure 2009 Ozzfest-ish.

:roll: now we know it won't happen :wink:

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:04 pm

sytharnia wrote:

:roll: now we know it won't happen :wink:

exactly ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby _will_ » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:40 am

Hmmm, interesting, and weird.
But...
How would Jake spec a guitar out now? still a strat with reverse slant pickups?
He has been seen with more Gibson guitars recently (LP STD, 90s SG, SG/LP Jr's)
Would Charvel still sign a deal if he were to want a more Gibsonish guitar than Fender, as its not what he is associated with

Postby ryp11 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:10 pm

Dude,

If this were true then that would be amazing, but i can't find any news at all about this. I can't find anything regarding the guitars either. Can you get more info/links etc?

Thanks

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby yellowshirtguy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:24 am

IF this is true then that is very exciting!

A tour with ozzy AND a new guitar in the same year??!

Thats a pretty big IF :(

All Access Member

Postby gtraddict » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:07 pm

ryp11 wrote:Dude,

If this were true then that would be amazing, but i can't find any news at all about this. I can't find anything regarding the guitars either. Can you get more info/links etc?

Thanks

I didn't come upon this info online. It came up in conversation with a Charvel dealer. I asked him how the Warren guitars were selling, at which time he went about telling me that they were going to be replaced by the Jake guitars, the tour etc.

Now - I am taking this with a grain of salt as much as anyone else. I don't know the dealer very well, so I cannot swear to his credibility. I guess we'll see. Stranger things have happened.

Personally, I would rather see Jake come back with a smaller band that would play club shows. I saw him in Badlands in 1989 in a 500 seat club and it was an incredible show. If he does end up with Ozzy and they do an Ozzfest type tour, I won't be there because I no longer like the larger shows - especially outdoor shows (I live in Phoenix - who the hell wants to roast their ass off all day in 100 degree plus heat with drunk idiots spilling beer all over you).

That said, I would be happy to see Jake out and about again making music no matter who he ends up with.
He's too damn good of a player to just fade away.

In any case, I'm simply passing along some info from a source who may know something we don't.
Maybe it'll happen - maybe it won't. No one expected the VH brothers to reunite with Roth - AND survive an entire tour - but it happened.

"My Humble Collection"
Last edited by gtraddict on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:24 pm

gtraddict wrote:
ryp11 wrote:Dude,

Thanks

I didn't come upon this info online. It came up in conversation with a Charvel dealer. I asked him how the Warren guitars were selling, at which time he went about telling me that they were going to be replaced by the Jake guitars, the tour etc.

Now - I am taking this with a grain of salt as much as anyone else. I don't know the dealer very well, so I cannot swear to his credibility. I guess we'll see. Stranger things have happened.

Personally, I would rather see Jake come back with a smaller band that would play club shows. I saw him in Badlands in 1989 in a 500 seat club and it was an incredible show. If he does end up with Ozzy and they do an Ozzfest type tour, I won't be there because I no longer like the larger shows - especially outdoor shows (I live in Phoenix - who the hell wants to roast their ass off all day in 100 degree plus heat with drunk idiots spilling beer all over you).

That said, I would be happy to see Jake out and about again making music no matter who he ends up with.
He's too damn good of a player to just fade away.

In any case, I'm simply passing along some info from a source who may know something we don't.
Maybe it'll happen - maybe it won't. No one expected the VH brothers to reunite with Roth - AND survive an entire tour - but it happened.

and we all thank you for sharing the info with us as you said stranger things have happened..........I agree about preferring if jake came back with a new band thing, cause I just can't see ozzy being able to sing the jake era stuff anymore and they would sound horrible tuned down

Postby ryp11 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:11 am

Yeah, thanks for sharing the info, much appreciated. I for one would love to see him with Ozzy coz i never had the chance beforehand. I don't mind 100 degree heat, sick of the rain here in England :)

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...