2008 Pick aye?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

2008 Pick aye?

Postby skezza » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:44 pm

WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

All Access Member

Re: 2008 Pick aye?

Postby cleric » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:14 am

I got a white one from the seller.

I'm wondering the line "Pick was made for use during touring." now :D

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:27 am

There still selling Jake Picks on Ebay????
The artist formally known as Brawler

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby yellowshirtguy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:20 pm

Made for touring, but it says 2008....

A sign of things to come perhaps?

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:35 pm

yellowshirtguy wrote:Made for touring, but it says 2008....

A sign of things to come perhaps?

probably not.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:11 am

Holy B. O., Hussein! Ten dollars for a pick???
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Postby skezza » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:30 pm

I e-mailed the guy and asked what the deal was and he said, Jake had done some shows with Enuff Z Nuff?????????????????????????? Since when I wonder?

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:29 pm

That's nice & very Classic looking JAKE Guitar pick. Sharp & sturdy looking! I wonder what picks he used when putting together the "Retraced" & the newest album/Cd "Dissonance" with Enuff Z Nuff. 8)

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:19 am

I bought a Pick...Far to thin ...In my opinion...

Postby skezza » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:06 am

Charvelised wrote:I bought a Pick...Far to thin ...In my opinion...
Fake then?

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:15 pm

[quote="Charvelised"]I bought a Pick...Far to thin ...In my opinion...[/quote

Never been one for thin picks, either. Well, since the first couple of years of playing with the Fender meeds 'cause I didn't think the others were any "good!" Badlands played down here in '89, and I was sitting at a table about ten or eleven feet from the stage. The stage was about four feet off of the dance floor, and after Jake flipped his pick at me, it sailed like a it was on a mission. I didn't even move off on my chair, and I caught it in the palm of my hand. ( Come to think of it, I vaguely remember having lifted a drink to my mouth and held it there at the same time!) LOLOL It looked just like that one. Who knows which chick I gave it to?! Or why?! :oops: :roll:

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:09 am

I'm with you guys...Thin Picks are CRAP! :x might as well be using a folded up condom wrapper!

I started out on Fender Mediums and progressively got thicker over the years. Right now I'm using a piece of Pork Chop Bone from Enzo's BBQ that I filed down on the curb outside the club. Great natural tone. Awesome for pinch harmonics.

Way Down to the Bone, Baby! :lol:
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:03 pm

Yo, Mon! MEEEE sides are splitting! Stop it, man! St -op it!!! Show some love for your comrade, the laughing fool! The image of your curb sharpened, BBQ, pork chop bone pick reminded me of, in some cherry cola flavored nacho cheese banana way, those weird kind of pearl colored picks that had, like, a shark fin or something on one side,and something like a bottle cap on the other. Those were some completely useless picks! I'm religious in my use of Dunlop blues, now. 1.3 mm. I think. I don't know. I'm religious about a lot of things. Call 'em Deacon Blues!

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:16 am

frethead wrote:Yo, Mon! MEEEE sides are splitting! Stop it, man! St -op it!!! Show some love for your comrade, the laughing fool! The image of your curb sharpened, BBQ, pork chop bone pick reminded me of, in some cherry cola flavored nacho cheese banana way, those weird kind of pearl colored picks that had, like, a shark fin or something on one side,and something like a bottle cap on the other. Those were some completely useless picks! I'm religious in my use of Dunlop blues, now. 1.3 mm. I think. I don't know. I'm religious about a lot of things. Call 'em Deacon Blues!

I remember thos "shark fin" things! You're right about useless. I've tried the Dunlop Blues....not bad. 1.3mm is still a bit "flexy" for my taste.

I think the best plectrum to build your "Pork-Chops" , is pork bone. Rib, chop, ham, neck...it doesn't matter as long as it's PORK. It's gotta be fresh tho'. No older than a week or two. After that you gotta replace it...somethin' about the density of the bone. So be sure to frequent your local BBQ. I normally call popular BBQ sandwich places here in town and ask 'em if they pull their pork everyday. If they do, then you know the bone will be nice and fresh for some "Boniferous" down and dirty blues. :wink:
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:16 am

Well, I am going to look into that, my friend, as soon as I get to Sunny's. I can guess that you'll be looking into Marshal's for bones? I happened to read something about the best small towns to live in, and something like Point Luis Del Ray was in the list. I don't know if that's close to you, but, would you happen to be familiar with the Cowgirl Creamery, perchance? I don't remember the details said about that, but it sounds like fun!

Return to All things Jake E Lee...