What i'm listening to at the moment!

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

What i'm listening to at the moment!

Postby ROBBLADE » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:36 pm

I've just seen recently a band called y&t.
OK it was the first time i've seen them headline twice they were support(acdc 1982 and whitesnakemore recently) 2.30 hours of rock and roll heaven at the corporation in Sheffield uk. A great Night!!!
On my i pod at the moment is along came a spider by a new guy called Alice Cooper!! Well worth a listen!
Whats everyone else listening to?
Ps This is my first post to Jake e lee so treat me gentle!!!

Killer of Giants

Re: What i'm listening to at the moment!

Postby frethead » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:00 pm

Hey Rob. Welcome to the site. This is a good place to talk about anything having to do with guitar guys and things to do with guitars, music, and Jake. Y & T is a presentable mention for your first post, man. Keep it up!

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:52 pm

Y and T were good Yesterday as well as Today. ;)

Alice is NOT a very attractive woman IMHO. Do you not agree? She really should make the switch to Waterproof Mascara at the very least. It's really not that much more expensive...unless you buy it like on Rodeo or something. Maybe a little BOTOX as well to fill in those laugh lines. It did wonders for mine..I heard she lives in Phoenix....The sun gets really hot there. She's obviously not using a sunscreen under her foundation.....It's a shame too, because she'd be really cute if she'd use less makeup....and fix her hair...and her posture. You'd think that with her money...She'd have a trainer . I know a great Pilates studio in Calabasas................
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:21 am

Testament -Practice what you preach
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:43 am

Deansolo wrote:Y and T were good Yesterday as well as Today. ;)

Alice is NOT a very attractive woman IMHO. Do you not agree? She really should make the switch to Waterproof Mascara at the very least. It's really not that much more expensive...unless you buy it like on Rodeo or something. Maybe a little BOTOX as well to fill in those laugh lines. It did wonders for mine..I heard she lives in Phoenix....The sun gets really hot there. She's obviously not using a sunscreen under her foundation.....It's a shame too, because she'd be really cute if she'd use less makeup....and fix her hair...and her posture. You'd think that with her money...She'd have a trainer . I know a great Pilates studio in Calabasas................

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO! That sounded like something straight from Extreme Makeover!

Deano, you've been educated in the art of makeup applicaton, no? "sunscreen under her foundation ..."!! How many guys, other than yourself, know that's a necessary step and can even recognize the name 'Pilates'?

Wow, I hope Deano never sees me ... don't know that I could endure his critique!! :wink:

Sorry, that post just really struck me funny. OMG, I'm still LMAOOOOOOO. :lol: No wonder we missed Dean so horribly :)

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:57 am

Yeah, I thought that was sort of like a blast from the past, too. Pilates' general popularity has just about run the road of Billy Blank's goofy -assed failed martial artist turned failed martial art movie actor exercise videos, and intravenous vitamin introduction!! 'Tis a good thing to see Dean, again. Undoubtedly! Didn't Moshe Feldenkrais develop Pilates for wounded solldiers who'd been bedridden during the Crimean War? :wink:
My taoist arts teacher, Ken Cohen, knew him, if that was him. I don't remember, exactly. I mean, I know that Ken knew Moshe, but I don't remember if Pilates was what he developed. Forget it.
Last edited by frethead on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:53 am

Doobie wrote:
Deansolo wrote:Y and T were good Yesterday as well as Today. ;)

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO! That sounded like something straight from Extreme Makeover!

Deano, you've been educated in the art of makeup applicaton, no? "sunscreen under her foundation ..."!! How many guys, other than yourself, know that's a necessary step and can even recognize the name 'Pilates'?

Wow, I hope Deano never sees me ... don't know that I could endure his critique!! :wink:

Sorry, that post just really struck me funny. OMG, I'm still LMAOOOOOOO. :lol: No wonder we missed Dean so horribly :)

I'm glad you liked that :D As for being educated in the art of makeup application...well, I'm no cosmetologist but I have given a few facials in my day. IYKWIM. 8O 8) :lol:

C'mon everyone knows sunscreen goes under your foundation, and that Pilates is all the rage with the ladies out here in Cali. :)

Oh man, do I come off as critical? I hope not. I'm just observant...not an a**hole; I hope you know I'd never say anything critical to a lady about her appearance. Besides, a beautiful woman like you has nothing to worry about. ;)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:26 am

"Ive given a few facials in my day." O, man!!! Sweet! That's gonna keep me going all freaking day!!!! :twisted: :lol: :oops: :lol: :twisted:
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:55 am

Deansolo wrote:I'm glad you liked that :D As for being educated in the art of makeup application...well, I'm no cosmetologist but I have given a few facials in my day. IYKWIM. 8O 8) :lol:

C'mon everyone knows sunscreen goes under your foundation, and that Pilates is all the rage with the ladies out here in Cali. :)

LMAOOOO. I'm not EVEN going to make an attempt at a come back on that first remark!!

On the second remark, I disagree. Hardly any of the average Joe's I know would have known that. I guess that's why it struck me so freakin' funny. You see, over here in Indiana the guys don't care what your face looks like ... they'll just slap a bag over your head if you're not attractive! :wink: Now on the other hand, I've had to place a bag over a dude's head AND my own head just in case his was to fall off! :lol: :P

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:54 pm

LOL TOO FUNNY
The artist formally known as Brawler

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Jake67 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:22 pm

I really liked Y&T.

I always thought Dave Meniketti would have been a great front-man for Van Halen. He had the swagger of Roth, but was also a great guitar player and singer.

The guy knows how to write a hook, that's for sure.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:17 pm

Yesterday and Today That's a Beatles song isn't it? I like Meniketti, too. You can sell me a Les Paul and a hook, anyday!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:28 pm

Been listerning to many great albums from Nightwish "Dark Passion Play", Danity Kane "Welcome to the Dollhouse", Donna Summer "Crayons" & a new one I just bought this past week a band called In This Moment "The Dream" looks like something out of ALICE IN WONDERLAND - I saw their newest video & really "really" liked the song "Forever" so I bought it, it's an awesome album! I'm still waiting for the arrival of my purchase on JAKE's new album hopefully it will arrive by the end of the week: Jake E. Lee's newest Cd "Racein' With the Devil" (a gathering of Classic cover's I believe that Jake is paying tribute to in his Electric rebel way/can't wait to hear it!) I been ordered it since late July '08. Also, still plenty more new grooves Cd's I love to purchase/wish list Hydrogyn "Deadly Passion", Sinner "Crash & Burrn", AC/DC "Black Ice" etc.,. just to name a few also Evergrey has a new one comeing out called "Torn" it souds amazing! Peace and just a few master grooves I like to add to my record collection.

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:15 pm

Shinedown- The Sound Of Madness
Kiss- Carnival Of Souls
Lo*Pro - Self/titled
Souls Of We - Let The Truth Be Known
Deep Purple - The Battle Rages On
Dokken - Lighting Strikes Again

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:54 pm

Same as above basicly: DK and ITM. Been waiting for quite sometime for my merchandise orders to arrive and finally I'd picked one of them up Jake's new CD today titled Jake E. Lee "Runnin' with the Devil" it has a Jake button encased in it's frontal artsleeve. It's an collection of Classic hit songs his covering & anxious to hear his brilliant takes on them. Some I heard before & some did not. I hope his inputs/participation with ENUFF Z NUFF newest album "Dissonance" do very well & look forward to it's release sometime during early next year 2009. Peace. I quess during this weekend I open it up along with AMON AMARTH new album "Twilight of the Thunder God" and rock out to it! Cheers. :twisted:

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...