An observation from Mississippi

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

An observation from Mississippi

Postby tedeeoo » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:22 pm

Hi everyone, just like everyone here on the forum, I am a huge Jake fan and I have to say the fans on this site are devoted, I'm sure Jake is very proud of that. Being that it's pretty much the 25th Anniversary of Jake bursting onto the scene with Ozzy, I have a small observation to share with everyone. I am from rural (and I do mean rural) Mississippi and it absolutely amazes me that after 25 years I hear multiple Jake E. Lee songs on no less than 3 different radio stations every week here in Ms. Not a weekend goes by that I do not see at least a couple of his videos on VH1 Classic or some other medium. Nearly every week or so there is something new on youtube and I hear Jake multiple times a day on satellite radio. And, someone recently posted the coolest pic of Jake and Joe Perry on Myspace. Not to mention Jake has a new cd out (or it might as well be) with E'nuff Z'nuff. Now if you live in L.A. or Vegas or somewhere like that, it may not be that big of a deal, but I live in Mississippi ( where Peavey rules!) so to me it's pretty freakin' huge. I can say with absolute confidence that in Mississippi, when you consider all mediums available here, Jake is the most played of all the post EVH guitarists that came out during the eighties. After 25+ years and more than a few years of seclusion I'd say that's pretty awesome. Again, this site and everyone who visits and supports it are just great in my book.

God Bless You All,
Ted

Killer of Giants

Re: An observation from Mississippi

Postby frethead » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:18 am

Hey Ted, It's nice to hear from you! Your comments are well taken and appreciated, if that's alright ( Seems like I'm speaking for everyone here). That's pretty cool about the attention that Jake gets out/up/over there! I'm in Florida. I completely agree with you, as I think Jake does quite well for himself, with the size of his fanbase and the number of generations it obviously reaches across! I lived in Memphis back some dog years ago, and frequently got around Germantown, Olive Branch and Hernando.
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: An observation from Mississippi

Postby paul » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:02 am

I live in Oakland Ms.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...