Jake v Ozzy

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Jake v Ozzy

Postby MetalHead » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:35 am

Shadow wrote:I like the origional version of "Shot In the Dark" from OZZY Ultimate Sin album...'this other version/I quess it's a tribute and a very well made one, too. Anyway, I like the fiery version of "Shot In the Dark" with Jake E. Lee 'blazing away on the guitar along w/the other Classic songs on it like "The Ultimate Sin" which is my favorite on that particular album vintage. 8)

that other version the original ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Postby skezza » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:25 am

switchone wrote:
MetalHead wrote:speaking of Shot In The Dark ... does anyone know when he stopped
playing that one ?

Shot in the Dark Original

So i guess Phil Stoussan ripped off shot in the dark from these guys? Check out the song on youtube.
Apparantly Phil played bass on this particular track...
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:01 am

skezza wrote:
switchone wrote:
MetalHead wrote:speaking of Shot In The Dark ... does anyone know when he stopped
playing that one ?

Shot in the Dark Original

So i guess Phil Stoussan ripped off shot in the dark from these guys? Check out the song on youtube.
Apparantly Phil played bass on this particular track...

still, did he write anything of it ? 8)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Postby switchone » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:34 am

Shadow wrote:I like the origional version of "Shot In the Dark" from OZZY Ultimate Sin album...'this other version/I quess it's a tribute and a very well made one, too. Anyway, I like the fiery version of "Shot In the Dark" with Jake E. Lee 'blazing away on the guitar along w/the other Classic songs on it like "The Ultimate Sin" which is my favorite on that particular album vintage. 8)

Actually this version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaoctqDOi5s is NOT a tribute version. It is Steve Overland's band FM. Here is a post from youtube

"
its one of those things isnt it. its likely that phil did steal it from these guys, but i guess he changed enough? I mean, there doesn't seem to be much of a structure change. I do think the ozzy version is better. Much more momentum and, i'm sure you wouldn't argue by saying a much better guitarist. Jake was a real beast.
vodkaa1 (3 days ago) Show Hide
0 Poor comment Good comment
Marked as spam
This is Phil's old band, so to say that he stole it really isn't right. I don't know for sure, but my guess would be that it's actually Phil on bass here.
"

So according to the poster, This is Phil Stoussan's old band. So maybe Phil had a hand with Steve Overland in creating the song. And Phil brought the song structure to Ozzy and created fiery Shot in the Dark version.

Another person wrote this

"
foghatconcertseries (3 weeks ago) Show Hide
Marked as spam
according to wikipedia: Ozzy reputedly stopped playing the song when he found out about its original authors.
"

Previous

Return to All things Jake E Lee...