Guitar Generation Tour

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Ultimate Sinner

Guitar Generation Tour

Postby Jake67 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:42 pm

Would have loved to see Jake involved with this just for some expsoure:

Blabbermouth.net

Re: Guitar Generation Tour

Postby preprocharvel » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:51 pm

Double check www.eddietrunk.com

Eddie apparently did an interview with George Lynch last night and George threw out Jake's name for a possibility!!!!!!!

Cross your fingers!!!!

Post and let him know how much he's needed on a tour like this.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:14 pm

Obscurity!
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:42 pm

Everybody say a prayer and post on this so maybe Dean or Mike Varney can show it to Jake and let him know how much we would love to see him on this tour. In my opinion this will be better than G3, especially if Jake is on it.

Ted

Postby preprocharvel » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:51 pm

And for those who can't find it, here's the quote from the George Lynch interview with Eddie Trunk from www.eddietrunk.com:

"Had a great interview with George Lynch last night on the Q104 show. Catch it on replay this weekend, podcast available in a couple weeks. In a nutshell here's a recap: He now thinks a Dokken reunion is at least another year away. Feels they need to stop talking through the press and time is running out to do it. Must be original band. Thinks Dokken now is a "tribute" with Don as only original member. Doing a new Lynch Mob album. Current band features Oni Logan, Marco Mendoza and Scott Coogan. He has a new CD out with the band Souls Of We. Will tour soon with Paul Gilbert, Richie Kotzen and possibly Jake E Lee! Will be a band to jam with, not Lynch Mob or Souls Of We. Each guitarist does his own set. This was really cool to hear about and I am psyched for this to say the least. Huge fan of Kotzen and Lynch, Gilbert is amazing, and if Jake comes out of hiding that will be insane. More news soon!"

Sounds promising!! Maybe post a new poll question about this tour. This is the best hope we've had in years!!!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:38 am

preprocharvel wrote:And for those who can't find it, here's the quote from the George Lynch interview with Eddie Trunk from www.eddietrunk.com:

"Had a great interview with George Lynch last night on the Q104 show. Catch it on replay this weekend, podcast available in a couple weeks. In a nutshell here's a recap: He now thinks a Dokken reunion is at least another year away. Feels they need to stop talking through the press and time is running out to do it. Must be original band. Thinks Dokken now is a "tribute" with Don as only original member. Doing a new Lynch Mob album. Current band features Oni Logan, Marco Mendoza and Scott Coogan. He has a new CD out with the band Souls Of We. Will tour soon with Paul Gilbert, Richie Kotzen and possibly Jake E Lee! Will be a band to jam with, not Lynch Mob or Souls Of We. Each guitarist does his own set. This was really cool to hear about and I am psyched for this to say the least. Huge fan of Kotzen and Lynch, Gilbert is amazing, and if Jake comes out of hiding that will be insane. More news soon!"

Sounds promising!! Maybe post a new poll question about this tour. This is the best hope we've had in years!!!!!

the first question that pops up in my head,
what's in it for Jake ?
Last edited by MetalHead on Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:05 pm

Sounds fabulous & great exposure for the Classic Hard Rockers (Lynch, Gilbert etc.,.) that will be on the "Guitar Generation Tour/February 2009": it would be a treasure blast if Jake E. Lee make a guest appearance there w/the other fame musicians that are mentioned on the bill "above" ...'it would be grand & a real special delight. Hope all goes well for the legendary guitar Rebel JAKE as the New Year 2009 appoaches: looking forward to the newest recording projects Jake E. Lee is participated on and "all" the heavy Hard Rockin/Blues Tours to back it up...'like the "Cabin Fever Rock Fest" it takes place in May 2009 that will spotlight a host of Classic Hard Rock/Metal bands from the '80's like White Lion, Slaughter, Foghat & Enuff Z Nuff (which Jake E. Lee plays guitar on the entire new album titled "Dissonance") just to name a few heavies that will be there! So it looks like it's gonna be quite a special "bliss" up & coming New Year 2009 that's for sure. :twisted: 8O 8) Peace.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Jake67 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:45 pm

> what's in it for Jake ?

Money, exposure that inspires people to pick up his work, having some no-pressure fun with his peers, just being able to play without having to shoulder the burden of organizing a tour...

Of course, I'm not sure he cares about that these days and if that's the case, maybe there isn't anything in it for him.

But until an artist comes out and says, "I'm retired", I kind of assume they're interested in at least considering opportunities to ply their trade now and again.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby guitarninja » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:57 pm

This would be a huge event for fans of these great musicians, and the exposure certainly would benefit all parties involved, as someone else indicated. I believe the turnout would be very substantial considering the talent that has been named so far. There are many of us that don't have a connection with current bands and their tours, but this, I could dig it!!!!!
Other than flooding this site with hope, is there any other ideas to make this a reality for loyal Jake Heads?????? 'cause I got an old white Charvel that needs an autograph, so I can hang that bad boy up and say I met the baddest ten fingers on the planet once again-and those other guys ain't so bad either!!!!!
could be the best christmas present for guitar players everywhere
here's hop'in
GN

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:45 pm

I don't really know how Jake looks at things, but I do know he is my biggest influence as a guitar player and further than that he is also one of the reasons that I never drank alcohol or used drugs in my teen years. As naive as this will sound I always thought that there was no way anyone who played as good as Jake would do those things. Looking back I know that probably was not the case and I also know I never got to see the man I call my biggest influence live, everytime he was in Nashville I was playing somewhere else. I don't honestly know what's in this for Jake, I do know I will pay a bunch of money if I need to and travel a long way if I have to, to see this show if Jake decides to do this. Whether Jake ever knows or not I owe him alot, I hope I (and probably alot of other people) at least get the chance to tell him "Thank You" someday.

Ted

Postby skezza » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:46 am

The idea is great for guitarists, but because its not branded 'G3' would people really go. I mean apart from the real hardcore fans of these beasts. I mean, if it came to England (which it probably wouldn't) i would definitely be there, but i can here now people saying "well ive never heard of him, and he's never been on G3" etc :| Don't know, maybe i'm wrong :D hopefully i am :D
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Jake67 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:34 am

But even G3 started as a "What?" it's first time out. Granted, Satch and Vai had more exposure at the time, but it's still a show that has very narrow appeal compared to something like Ozzfest.

Having Paul Gilbert on the tour is a good thing. He's a marketable guy and all three have name recognition through Mr. Big, Dokken and Poison. Hopefully they're build this just the way G3 has been built.

Postby preprocharvel » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:37 am

I think the whole "guitar hero" thing has changed things. The kids really want to see some legends playing these video game songs for real. The guitar is back in full force, so if Jake would do the whole set instrumental, he would kill!! Then maybe jam an Ozzy tune at the end of the night with Kotzen singing and all guitarists on stage?? JAKE, ARE YOU READING THIS?? When's the last time Kotzen actually did a tour dedicated to the guitar......that wasn't an R&B soul singer thing to sell his 1,001 records he sings on?

Lynch jammed with Smashing Pumpkins last week, Gilbert was on the last G3, so these guys are coming back around out of dinosaur status and they can all still play their asses off.

IF THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN, THEN THEY ARE ALL INSANE!!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:40 am

preprocharvel wrote:Lynch jammed with Smashing Pumpkins last week, Gilbert was on the last G3, so these guys are coming back around out of dinosaur status and they can all still play their asses off.

yeah, but you have to consider that they've continously
released records and toured as well ...
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Postby preprocharvel » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:47 am

for sure. but, jake went years and then popped out retraced and sounded good as ever. kinda like ridin' a bike.,......a really loud, gritty, bluesy, 4x12 bike.....

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...