Poster

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Poster

Postby skezza » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:26 pm

I've not seen this one. If its in the gallery, I'd love to have a look at it in better quality?

Its got some cracking musicians there, sad they ruined it by putting Kirk Hammett in there haha :lol: joking joking :P

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RARE-Jake-E-Lee-S ... 240%3A1318
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Ultimate Sinner

Re: Poster

Postby LouZ » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:27 pm

I have something similar to this picture/poster (it's from the same picture shoot). It's from GFTPM's 10th anniversary issue (Nov '93). It has an article about the 10 most important guitarists over the past 10 years ('83 - '93). The 10 listed were EVH, Stevie Ray, Greg Ginn, Johnny Marr, Kirk Hammett, Eric Johnson, Neil Young, Yngwie, Vai, & Satriani.

It also includes a roundtable interview with all of the guitarists shown in the picture/poster, with a little bio about each one.

Jake doesn't say all that much in the interview. Let me know if there's anything specific you want from the article.
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

Postby skezza » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:17 pm

LouZ wrote:I have something similar to this picture/poster (it's from the same picture shoot). It's from GFTPM's 10th anniversary issue (Nov '93). It has an article about the 10 most important guitarists over the past 10 years ('83 - '93). The 10 listed were EVH, Stevie Ray, Greg Ginn, Johnny Marr, Kirk Hammett, Eric Johnson, Neil Young, Yngwie, Vai, & Satriani.

It also includes a roundtable interview with all of the guitarists shown in the picture/poster, with a little bio about each one.

Jake doesn't say all that much in the interview. Let me know if there's anything specific you want from the article.
So, if he wasnt one of the 10 most important, why was he there?

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:29 pm

GFTPM did a roundtable interview with 10 different guitarists to represent a historical cross section of the music covered from '83 - '93.

The list of guitarists at this roundtable interview were: Paul Gilbert, Kirk Hammett, Scott Ian, Jake E. Lee, George Lynch, Dave Navarro, Joe Satriani, Michael Schenker, Billy Sheehan, & Alex Skolnick.

With the exception of Satriani, and Hammett, none of the guitarists interviewed were on the list of the ten most important guitarists of the ten years ('83 - '93).

For the introduction of each guitarist, Jake is credited with having succeeded Randy Rhoads in the most coveted job in rock n' roll, establishing himself as musician who did not have to live in the shadow of his predecessor. It also mentions his time spent with Badlands and his collaboration (at the time) with Mandy Lion.
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

Postby skezza » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:02 pm

So maybe a little thin on the ground then? :(

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:46 pm

Wow, that's quite an incrediable nostalgia music poster of musicians that were & still are quite "fabulous & established" til this day and evermore: Very informative & richly said of LouZ regarding this issue/Nov '93 (only 15yrs ago..'cool/that's not long ago!) from GUITAR For the Practicing Musician a Classic music magazine. They are look so grounded, happy & set to hit the stage at any moment: I do believe this treasure poster photo is in Jake E. Lee's photo Gallery, it's a eye catcher for sure! Thanks for sharing & the best to the lucky winner of this treasure poster.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:54 am

Neat picture!!! Jake looks great! Schenker looks great! I loved that guitar. Yeah, it was a good one. Certainly, before his wife sold him out and ditched with the baby. But, what's with the pink Destroyer?! And, Dave Navarro?! Yuck. Ehuuw! Dang, what's a picture without Yngwie, man? :lol:
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...