Of interest To Jake fans

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Of interest To Jake fans

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:34 pm

I was in Nashville a couple of weeks ago doing some recording and at one of the studios I found a book called "The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Guitar Heroes". The forward was written by Brian May and I was very happily surprised to see a full page devoted to Jake. His page was titled "Jake E. Lee, from Ozzy to Badlands to Legend". It is one of the few articles I have ever read that truly gives Jake his due, it was also very praiseworthy to Badlands, which really impressed me. I found it interesting that 4 of the guitar players that have played with Ozzy (counting Tony Iommi) made this book, at least Ozzy knows how to pick guitar players! I think it is truly an honor for Jake to be included in a book that not only had players like Hendrix,Clapton and Van Halen, but also guys like Paco De Lucia, Andres Segovia and Chet Atkins. I noticed that you can buy this book on Amazon for around $40.00, it is a hardbound book and very interesting reading for any music/guitar fans.

All Access Member

Re: Of interest To Jake fans

Postby Shadow » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:40 pm

Wow, that was a nice treasure find for you/Tedeeo and "thanks" for sharing your quest journey to Tennessee and finding this rich music History Enclyclopedia titled "The Illustrated Enclyclopedia of Guitar Heroes" w/a host of master virtuosos musicians embraced warmly within the pages one of them being QUEEN's very own Brian May during the forward introduction how wonderful. It is truelly heartwarming & wonderful to know that the Rebel virtuoso musician Jake E. Lee of Ozzy Osbourne & Badlands fame is amongst the many great virtuosos/you've mentioned in your main post that are included in this Guitar Heroe's Illustrated Enclyclopedia music book. For sure it's a most own for any music fan that "loves" the guitar & the many talented legendary musicians behind that instrument bringing it to "vivid" life. I shall definately seek it out for it's diamond find for sure: how lucky you are. Peace & cheers to you! Oh, yes when was the release/publish date of the book (?) & how many pages does it have. 8) Thanks in advance.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:51 pm

Thanks for the reply Shadow, it is a recent book, some entries as recent as last year and it is 200-300 pages (not exactly sure). You can find it at Amazon.com. Thanks again for your reply and especially for all of the kind things you say about Jake.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:42 pm

Two through 300 pages, that's a mighty "blissful" Wow...'I'll definately will "seek it out" and it's a recent publishing release, that's really nice a must own for every music fan that "love" & "admire" the hard earned works & high energies of the many great virtuosos so mentioned in the newest most recent "The Illlustrated Enclyclopedia of Guitar Heroes" music book. Once again, thank you! :D

All Access Member

Postby gtraddict » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:22 am

It's good to see Jake get properly recognized.
I'll be looking for the book.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:41 am

Someone gave me that book as a Christmas gift. There are some surprises in it for sure. It just gives a synopsis of each player - probably doesn't mention too much you don't already know about them but, it can also remind you of those that aren't top-of-mind and seldom heard. I was pleasantly shocked to see three (or was it four) pages devoted to Prince.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...