jakes favorite guitarists

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

jakes favorite guitarists

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:50 pm

"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Killer of Giants

Re: jakes favorite guitarists

Postby MetalHead » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:53 pm

I can say Jimi Hendrix for sure ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:30 am

Nice vintage photo of Jake E. Lee. Looks like it could be from any of the major Guitar magazines: Guitar World, Guitar Player, etc.,. good luck in finding it!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Nikki_Saixx » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:12 pm

Wow! Such a cool ESP he has on this photo.
I think, his top of favorite guitar player could be listed by "Retraced" album)) He says, that he played these songs a long time ago, when he played in local bands. Leslie West, Kim Simmonds, Robin Trower, Paul Kosoff... Jimi Hendrix and Jimmy Page of course! :)

Postby fphilthy » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:09 pm

You can probably add Tommy Bolin as having a huge influence on Jake!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Nikki_Saixx » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:00 am

Of course! This great funky influence belongs to Tommy!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:40 am

O , hell yeah! Albert King, baby!
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Nikki_Saixx » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:43 pm

I'm so jealous to Jake... He had THIS! He had success, he is a successful musician. He had his big time on scene with Ozzy and Badlands...

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:18 am

What does that have to do with Jake E. Lee's musical influences?
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:51 am

So does anyone actually know where I can find the rest of the article? its cool that Jake noted Zal Cleminson! Zal rocks!
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:07 am

MetalHead wrote:I can say Jimi Hendrix for sure ;)

DAH seeings that one of his Favorite Songs was REDHOUSE!! But Lets not Forget Peter Green from Fleetwood mack!!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:04 pm

CharvelSuperStrat: I'm having a strange feeling for I just may have this issue (hopefully I didn't misplace it for it was a treasure find from the start)..'I think it's in my storage room (with loads of my other vintage Hard Rock magazines &Winter came so I put them all up)...'So, when I do my Spring cleaning which is coming near I'll let you know if I found it or not. It better be there. It's pretty dark (and dry & cold) in that storage room: so once everything warms up I'll track it down! Okay? and that's a promise! I can't believe I had it all the long 'cause that Classic pic of JAKE E. LEE is a real pearl...'and plus he gives the lowdown of some of his Idols that influrenced him to play the guitar. Great coverage, too and do believe it's either a GUITAR WORLD or GUITAR PLAYER vintage issue. cheers! 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:48 am

Shadow wrote:CharvelSuperStrat: I'm having a strange feeling for I just may have this issue (hopefully I didn't misplace it for it was a treasure find from the start)..'I think it's in my storage room (with loads of my other vintage Hard Rock magazines &Winter came so I put them all up)...'So, when I do my Spring cleaning which is coming near I'll let you know if I found it or not. It better be there. It's pretty dark (and dry & cold) in that storage room: so once everything warms up I'll track it down! Okay? and that's a promise! I can't believe I had it all the long 'cause that Classic pic of JAKE E. LEE is a real pearl...'and plus he gives the lowdown of some of his Idols that influrenced him to play the guitar. Great coverage, too and do believe it's either a GUITAR WORLD or GUITAR PLAYER vintage issue. cheers! 8)

Hey Thanks alot Shadow! i really appreciate that! :D

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:51 pm

Your welcome & once Spring hits: we got a sample of it just this week and it was mighty "toasty-hot" too! :twisted: So, it looks like it's time for some Spring cleaning/ahhh man it's "tedious work" but it has to be done...'be going in the storage room this weekend. Wish me luck in finding the vintage Guitar issue, hope I come back 'cause it's ghosts in there. :? Hee, heee! I have to put all the Winter stuff back in to bring Spring things out... :wink: peace!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:08 pm

Started some search through my Spring clearing/cleaning but did not come across the magazine in my 1st day: I have not gone through all the boxes so give me sometime/maybe this weekend I may come across it. I think have this issue...'for I did find the 1st debut issue of Jake E. Lee & BADLANDS in my GUITAR vintage issue/1989 now if only I can found some of the others. I have "lots" of Classic magazines...'so give me a little more time. peace!

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...