sleazeroxx.com Jake master tapes

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

sleazeroxx.com Jake master tapes

Postby pejale » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:51 am

sleazeroxx.com Has something on the master tapes for Jake's "A fine pink mist" record. If you've got $15,000 to spare,they could be yours!!!!

Re: sleazeroxx.com Jake master tapes

Postby crash » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:34 am

I saw that on Blabbermouth. What makes it unique, is it is not the same Fine Pink Mist that we alll know. It appears to be a first attempt to record it. He went on to re-do it all it looks like.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=116802

Postby skezza » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:34 am

Nice. Anyone got 15k :P ?
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:11 am

He used over one hundred individual guitar effects peddles on this record — some of which he built himself.

Jake E. Lee programmed the drums, played bass, rhythm guitars, lead guitars and more.

Wow - Jake is an amazing musician. The time, dedication, and knowledge needed to do all of this is mind boggling!
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Jake67 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:21 am

From the eBay ad:

> OWN A PIECE OF ROCK MUSIC HISTORY

Look, I think the world of Jake and his playing, and I happen to love AFPM, but "rock history" is a little strong.

This site has almost 5,000 members. If we all pitched in about 3 or 4 bucks... ;)

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:51 am

i hope if someone buys those that they transfer some of the material and upload it on the net. i would love to hear the original version of Bludfuk.

why did he re-record the album anyway?
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:22 pm

Wow, that's quite :o impressive and it's certainly a treasure keep for any serious musician that is a big fan of JAKE E. LEE's works on the "Fine Pink Mist" recordings: which the Rebel guitarist musician put alot of passionate hard works on. I gotta admit though the cost/amount is way out there but I guess one has to consider it's the "origional" master first takes and if one has the dough for it/probably some high tech business/musician will go for it or something. All I know is I'm sure am I already have my Jake E. Lee "A Fine Pink Mist" in my record collection already even though it's not the master 1st drafts it suits me though just fine. :) smile. Anyway on a serious note these music masters created by the Rebel musician Jake E. Lee is a heavy part of his Soul...'all that personal data caught on those music tapes, that's pretty heartbreaking to let go/sale I'm sure. All the best to the winner of this treasure master music first drafts. 8) Peace!

Postby jefnel1 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:36 pm

Let's all chip in and see if we can buy them. Oh yes, then we'll have to chip in and buy the gear to hear it...hmmm probably not.

For someone who has the money and the means, those tapes would be a great investment. I too would love to hear the first version of A Fine Pink Mist. Check out the interview section for more information on that first version of the album. Jake mentions how it was different from what was released on Pony Canyon and how it was his original vision.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Jake67 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:11 am

> Oh yes, then we'll have to chip in and buy the gear to hear it...hmmm probably not.

Nah... rent some studio time and have someone dub it to CD. Of course, I know we're not going to chip in and buy it. But considering what some people will do with their discretionary money, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if a fan bought it and rented a studio to transfer it.

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:19 am

I'd Chip in...

Return to All things Jake E Lee...