My first Badlands show---

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

My first Badlands show---

Postby SaSmith » Tue May 05, 2009 2:18 pm

I didn't see this show listed with the other tour dates but from what I remember it was late summer \ early fall of 89 ---It was very warm that day ---At the Newport Music Hall in Columbus, Ohio ---I got there late and only caught a couple of songs from the opening band, Salty Dog----Badlands was great---From what I remember Jake had a cast on one of his legs---Anyone here know what the date of this show would have been???

All Access Member

Re: My first Badlands show---

Postby Shadow » Wed May 06, 2009 7:25 pm

I havn't a clue but it seems that you mentioned a date for this groovin' BADLANDS Concert Event as late summer/early Fall 1989. So it says above! I've only seen pix of this warm beautiful day of Badlands performing live outside & indeed guitarist/Jake E. Lee has a broken leg in a case jamming away on stage! :P :o 8)

Postby SaSmith » Thu May 07, 2009 5:34 pm

Sorry if I gave the impression this was an outdoor show---The Newport Music Hall was a fairly large theatre in the old days converted to a club---Just mentioned the temperature as a reference to the time of year and as I said I got there late and sat in the balcony and it was extra hot up there----Back in the eighties they might have BB King playing one night and Slayer the next ---it is a cool place to see a show

Postby SaSmith » Thu May 07, 2009 6:02 pm

Sorry if I gave the impression this was an outdoor show---The Newport Music Hall was a fairly large theatre in the old days converted to a club---Just mentioned the temperature as a reference to the time of year and as I said I got there late and sat in the balcony and it was extra hot up there----Back in the eighties they might have BB King playing one night and Slayer the next ---it is a cool place to see a show

Return to All things Jake E Lee...