Jake E. Lee Replica guitars

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Jake E. Lee Replica guitars

Postby MetalHead » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:34 am

i'm still a little hesitant on that ..
Dean, could you ask him ? :P

The simpliest would be if someone knew who
modified Jakes guitar :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: Jake E. Lee Replica guitars

Postby hashima » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:21 pm

hey MetalHead, I thought bout my project and came to the conclusion that I let it go due to my beloved Charvel 375 Contemporarys... they are cheap, but "very simply the best guitars you can buy today" to quote Eddie at this point...

Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Jake E. Lee Replica guitars

Postby jefnel1 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:50 am

The white Charvel-ized Fender was originally a hardtail. The crappy Fender bridge was replaced with a Charvel brass hardtail. 1974 Fender Strats didn't come stock with a "swimming pool" rout, so my guess is that Jake's friend at Charvel routed out the single coils for the reverse slant.

I'm not sure about the neck. I know it was originally a CBS headstock that was cut down to normal size, but I've never read that the neck contour or thickness was altered.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Jake E. Lee Replica guitars

Postby MetalHead » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:09 pm

jefnel1 wrote:The white Charvel-ized Fender was originally a hardtail. The crappy Fender bridge was replaced with a Charvel brass hardtail.


seems reasonable.

jefnel1 wrote:1974 Fender Strats didn't come stock with a "swimming pool" rout, so my guess is that Jake's friend at Charvel routed out the single coils for the reverse slant.


this however, I'm not so sure about.
You have any links to documentation where this could be found ? :)

On the other hand, Jakes Charvel friend could've cut a
swimmingpool route.

jefnel1 wrote:I'm not sure about the neck. I know it was originally a CBS headstock that was cut down to normal size, but I've never read that the neck contour or thickness was altered.


I'm not sure, but I think I've read somewhere that
the neck was shaved ... I'll get back on that :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: Jake E. Lee Replica guitars

Postby hashima » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:38 pm

White Replica on eBay! PRESS THIS!

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Jake E. Lee Replica guitars

Postby MetalHead » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:27 am

hashima wrote:White Replica on eBay! PRESS THIS!


it looks god, but there's 2 things I found that's not
making it a true replica 8)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Jake E. Lee Replica guitars

Postby timstar » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:08 am

tuner buttons and ?

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Jake E. Lee Replica guitars

Postby MetalHead » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:33 am

timstar wrote:tuner buttons and ?


not the same bodywood and not the same bridgehumbucker ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: Jake E. Lee Replica guitars

Postby hashima » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:51 am

MetalHead wrote:
timstar wrote:tuner buttons and ?


not the same bodywood and not the same bridgehumbucker ;)


:roll: ...noone will realize that when you're on stage!

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Jake E. Lee Replica guitars

Postby MetalHead » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:30 am

hashima wrote:
MetalHead wrote:
timstar wrote:tuner buttons and ?


not the same bodywood and not the same bridgehumbucker ;)


:roll: ...noone will realize that when you're on stage!


yeah, well, with that argument I could go out
on stage with a plywood start with the same pickguard
and use GFS pickups ... :P
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: Jake E. Lee Replica guitars

Postby hashima » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:07 am

MetalHead wrote:
hashima wrote:
MetalHead wrote:
timstar wrote:tuner buttons and ?


not the same bodywood and not the same bridgehumbucker ;)


:roll: ...noone will realize that when you're on stage!


yeah, well, with that argument I could go out
on stage with a plywood start with the same pickguard
and use GFS pickups ... :P


find a healthy balance 8)

All Access Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Jake E. Lee Replica guitars

Postby timstar » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:27 am

end of the day people, its about 2% the guitar and 98% the player, so who really cares

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Jake E. Lee Replica guitars

Postby MetalHead » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:11 am

timstar wrote:end of the day people, its about 2% the guitar and 98% the player, so who really cares


I'd say it's more 75/25 ... but I don' think anyone
would sound good with a plywood guitar and GFS pickups ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: Jake E. Lee Replica guitars

Postby hashima » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:26 am

MetalHead wrote:
timstar wrote:end of the day people, its about 2% the guitar and 98% the player, so who really cares


I'd say it's more 75/25 ... but I don' think anyone
would sound good with a plywood guitar and GFS pickups ;)


...look at Eddie Halen, durin 80s he used cheap "DIY-store-guitars" and did always sound good no matter which brand/pick-ups/wood/strings he took... the player him-/herself and his/her ideas/creativity are the more important thing... 20/80 :wink:

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1567
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: San Luis Rey, California

Re: Jake E. Lee Replica guitars

Postby Deansolo » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:45 pm

I have to agree with timstar. 2% guitar 98% player.

I have this video of Scorpions in Russia...they went to this club and asked the band if they coud use their equipment. Schenker and Jabs TORE IT UP on these piece of sh*t Russian guitars and crappy little amps! It sounded just like Scorpions music.

A great player can make any piece of sh*t sound great.

just my 2 cents. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests