where is jake?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

where is jake?

Postby kered74 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:06 am

it would be easier to find bin laden than to find Jake! If Jake would put out some new music I would buy it, and I know all of you would too...

Ultimate Sinner

Re: where is jake?

Postby Jake67 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:29 pm

At least Bin Laden puts out public tapes every year to say "Hello" to the world. ;)

It wasn't that long ago that I came to the startling (yet in hindsight, rather obvious) observation that my favorite artists aren't always going to be there. They get old, they get bored or they just enter another phase of their lives.

I think Jake is in the latter category... perhaps the last two.

I suppose we have this image of our favorite artists always being there until they drop. (See B.B. King who keeps going and going.)

But unlike groups from the 60s and 70s who seem to have no problem rocking past 60 years old, that doesn't appear to be the mindset of artists who became know in the 80s or later.

For many of them, it seems like being an active musician is one career of many, much like all of us will probably have multiple careers.

Certainly there are a lot of 80s bands still touring. But to be honest, a lot of them look kind of pathetic. Or they're struggling to break even because albums don't sell as well or they don't get the level of publicity like they did back in the day when MTV actually played videos.

So, to answer your question, my guess is Jake has moved on. He's not going to be someone like a Steve Hackett, Steve Howe, Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai or Joe Satriani who wants to create a solo legacy and put up with the demands of promoting himself.

(Man... it took me forever to write that and I think I rambled. Feel free to punch holes in my theory. I just tossed it out here for discussion.)
Last edited by Jake67 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:43 am

Jake67 wrote: He's not going to be someone like a Steve Hackett

speaking of Steve Hackett I'm gonna see him in November.....Sweet!
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:54 am

Jake67 wrote:At least Bin Laden puts out public tapes every year to say "Hello" to the world. ;)

It wasn't that long ago that I came to the startling (yet in hindsight, rather obvious) observation that my favorite artists aren't always going to be there. They get old, they get bored or they just enter another phase of their lives.

I think Jake is in the latter category... perhaps the last two.

I suppose we have this image of our favorite artists always being there until they drop. (See B.B. King who keeps going and going.)

But unlike groups from the 60s and 70s who seem to have no problem rocking past 60 years old, that doesn't appear to be the mindset of artists who became know in the 80s or later.

For many of them, it seems like being an active musician is one career of many, much like all of us will probably have multiple careers.

Certainly there are a lot of 80s bands still touring. But to be honest, a lot of them look kind of pathetic. Or they're struggling to break even because albums don't see as well or they don't get the level of publicity like they did back in the day when MTV actually played videos.

So, to answer your question, my guess is Jake has moved on. He's not going to be someone like a Steve Hackett, Steve Howe, Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai or Joe Satriani who wants to create a solo legacy and put up with the demands of promoting himself.

(Man... it took me forever to write that and I think I rambled. Feel free to punch holes in my theory. I just tossed it out here for discussion.)

I totally agree with all of your 'ramblings'.......the question people need to ask themselves is WHY would someone like jake spend a bunch of money making an album when he knows he wouldn't break even sales wises??? lets face it he only made "retraced" because mike varney funded it....clearly jake has moved on with his life and is obviously happy with where he is at...and thats all you can ask for in life.
If the drive is gone for him I would rather he didn't just put something out for the hell of it because it wouldn't be the jake we all love and respect

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:57 am

While I agree with the statement that Jake has probably moved on, I can't imagine any guitar player or musician that has been blessed with the abilities that Jake has, not playing guitar, especially someone who seemed so passionate about it as Jake. Now I know being a guitar player myself, that "playing guitar" can be as simple as sitting on the front porch with an acoustic, it doesn't have to be making records and doing big tours. But, I also know that now you can do things like home recording (which Jake has done) and letting the internet promote your music, that don't cost very much at all. Not saying that Jake should do any of these things,especially if his heart is not in it, my only hope is that whatever Jake chooses to do, he is happy and well. But I'm not going to lie, I would love to hear any music from Jake, when and if he ever decides to record or play live again.

All Access Member

Postby jadessong » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:46 pm

kered74 wrote:it would be easier to find bin laden than to find Jake! If Jake would put out some new music I would buy it, and I know all of you would too...

jake lives in nevada now workin on a cd

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:54 pm

Absolutely cannot wait to hear it, thank you so much for this post!!

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:59 pm

And I hope you are doing well Jade, it is so nice to see you post on here.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:26 pm

jadessong wrote:
kered74 wrote:it would be easier to find bin laden than to find Jake! If Jake would put out some new music I would buy it, and I know all of you would too...

that's cool :D
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:37 pm

Be cool to see an up to date/2009 what's going on with our da Oge/JAKE E. LEE: is his music project with Mickey Thomas/Jefferson Starship has it been complete!? It should be...'and the Enuff Z Nuff should of been, too by now. Anyway, I know he must of completed those so why the looong wait for the release...'I wish Shrapnel Records would put them out! And even better yet I would like to see/hear JAKE do something more with the musicians that helped him with his last album Jake E. Lee "Retraced" which is a great/highly acclaimed comeback album! Come on Mr. Lee you can do it: even do some music gatherings w/Greg Chaisson & Jeff Martin. Come On :!: Peace. 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:48 am

tedeeoo wrote:And I hope you are doing well Jade, it is so nice to see you post on here.

Who's he working with? (As in, other band members ...)

All Access Member

Postby jadessong » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:23 pm

This is Jade's Mum Victoria. Jade is doing very well as is my GrandDaughter Sharon. Jake is also doing well and doing what he does best, creating music.
Thank you for the lovely letters to Jade. For those of you who wrote mint information regarding Jake, well done!
Cheers, Victoria

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:15 am

Thank you so much for posting Victoria, glad everyone is doing well and glad to hear some news about Jake.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Ninevah123 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:45 pm

We will always be here for Jake......I just hope he knows that and never forgets how much his music has meant to so many people all over the world...........he is an exceptional musician and composer and with Badlands he created some of the best music I ever heard.

For Ever Badlands. :twisted:

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:44 pm

Not to be disrespectful but JADE's mother name is "Sharon" not Victoria: she named her daughter Sharon after her mom and of course her/Jade's dad/father is legendary Rebel guitarist/musician Jake E. Lee & his little granddaughter is name Sharon, Jade's daughter. :D Much respects.

Come on JAKE we want another album...'sooon! Like early 2010!!!! Okay? Okay! :P Thank you.

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...