The Wraith "a car movie"

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

The Wraith "a car movie"

Postby Shadow » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:44 pm

I found by great surprise through my journey on the Web which lead me to the "Fandango" movie 'Site that our da Oge/Jake E. Lee was part of the CAST/CREW to a adventure/suspense flick titled "The Wraith" Starring Charlie Sheen & Dennis Quaid in 1986. It's a thriller-race car movie about teens & their cars and "fast-electric" grooves which music Crew artist/songwritter Jake E. Lee & many other fine music artists/songwritters partook in this adventure movie The Wraith. I assume at one time their must of been a Soundtrack to The Wraith: I'm sure of that...'how fascinating! :o 8) Cool.

Killer of Giants

Re: The Wraith "a car movie"

Postby MrScary1971 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:44 pm

I remember that movie and the Dodge MS4 was featured. Cool, IDK that Jake had anything to do with the soundtrack but it did feature Ozzy's "Secret Loser" so that must be it. Nice post Shadow, a good trivia question.

Tim Feehan - "Where's the Fire"
Ozzy Osbourne - "Secret Loser"
Stan Bush - "Hearts vs. Heads"
Ian Hunter - "Wake Up Call"
Mötley Crüe - "Smokin' In the Boys Room"
Robert Palmer - "Addicted to Love"
Nick Gilder - "Scream of Angels"
Lion - "Power Love"
Honeymoon Suite - "Those Were the Days"
Lion - "Never Surrender"
Bonnie Tyler - "Matter of the Heart"
LaMarca - "Hold on Blue Eyes"
Billy Idol - "Rebel Yell"
Jill Michaels - "Young Love, Hot Love"
James House - "Bad Mistake"

Lion and guitarist Doug Aldrich were badass. Not too shabby of a soundtrack.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:57 pm

Doug Aldrich is still a badass guitar player, he reminds me so much of Jake in that he has so much fire and passion in his playing, especially live, and he also happens to be a new father, his son Ryder James was born 1 month ago. Doug will be doing Dio's upcoming fall European tour and is also working on new Whitesnake material and possibly some new Burning Rain material. I saw Doug this past July with WS and he was awesome, really made me want to see Jake live ( I never got to), never say never.

Ted

p.s. The Wraith is a great movie, great post Shadow.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:59 pm

Oh. and as another small bit of trivia, Doug and Lion also did the theme song for the original Transformers cartoon.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:11 pm

I remember when my dad rented that movie for me way back in like '88 or '89 lol. Thought it was really cool at the time but if you watch it now you see just how cheesey it actually was :lol: . But hey it was the '80s and those were great times for music and movies. That chick in that movie was hot and Charlie Sheen was tappin that ass :lol: .

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:56 pm

Wow, thanks "all" for your replies...'I shall take them to Heart: and The WRAITH Music Soundtrack. A big Hearty "thanks" MrScary1971: that's pretty cool selection of Classic songs there! :D 8)

Oh, yeah I must say LION's version of the title track to TRANSFORMERS is supertuff!!! I have that and you bet I'm gonna track down The WRAITH...'has some very Classic masterpieces on that, too :!:

Return to All things Jake E Lee...