Vancouver Sun Article

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Vancouver Sun Article

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:02 pm

This was in an article The Vancouver Sun wrote about a a "hypothetical" soundtrack for the new Twilight movie (I believe as I only paid attention to the "Jake" part). I found it by doing a Goggle news search for Jake E. Lee and thought the comments about Jake were at least nice recognition for his work ( even if it should have said former Ozzy guitarist rather than Dio).

9. Ozzy Osbourne, "Bark at the Moon" (1983)

Dio guitarist Jake E. Lee turns in a masterful performance on the title track to Ozzy Osbourne's third studio release, and while the album itself ranks as one of his weakest, the title track is considered a classic. Osbourne was mired in drugs and alcohol at the time, but his game delivery and some admirable shredding by Lee make for one heck of a night.

All Access Member

Re: Vancouver Sun Article

Postby Shadow » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:59 pm

The new TWILIGHT movie "New Moon" considered having the OZZY/JAKE Classic "Bark At the Moon" on their movie soundtrack, that would of been awesome! There's nothing weak at all about this album Classic Ozzy Osbourne recording "Bark At the Moon" over the yrs I've seened it highly rated as a 3 1/2 stars out of 5 then to a 2 stars out of 5...'so something doesn't add up right to me. It's ratings has been destroyed over the years due to the Industry/& who pulls the strings in the OZZY management I quess: so that a very fine "extraodinary" guitarist/musician/Writer JAKE E. LEE who poured his Heart N Soul into that album (and the Ultimate Sin, too) and titled Classic song track never received a healthy proper credits of importance on that Classic album. It's a awesome & powerful album BARK AT THE MOON as are "all" of OZZY's Classic's in whom w/this one JAKE E. LEE Co-Written. That's really heartbreaking 'cause this is a foundation Trailblazed Classic the way it starts off...'my goodness JAKE E. LEE is fiery spectacular like a Bolt of Lighting & OZZY OSBOURNE a 'Crazed Mad-Wolf Man! 8O 8) :twisted: Awesome and kind of "frightening" you know. :o

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:44 pm

Its kind of funny. When I was just a young teen and the solo Ozzy stuff was introduced to me, I remember favoring the listening of Bark At The Moon over the others. At that time I never realized there were two different guitarist on the first three releases. It wasnt till I started to play myself that I was able to pick them apart and learned the history of it all. While all of Ozzys stuff is great, I still favor listening to Bark At That Moon.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:14 am

Although I am a huge Badlands fan, I have to say BATM (whole album) has stuck with me through the years. I have always liked the different textures (if that is the right word) of that record. There are some great and unfortunately forgotten songs on BATM, Rock-n-Roll Rebel and You're No Different immediately come to mind, but I like everything on the album. Plus that was the record that introduced me to Jake (although I had seen him at the US Festival), so for that reason alone it may be my most favorite album of all time, because whether he ever knows it or not, Jake has had a huge influence on my life, looking back now, I am very thankful for that.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...