Wicked Alliance

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Wicked Alliance

Postby scorpio_rising04 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:34 pm

Hi, I'm a major Jake E. Lee fan at Age 17, thanks to my rocking dad.

My Dad was lucky enough to see Wicked Alliance live in 1994, at some club in ft.lauderdale called The Rosebud. Unfortunately I was too young to see them, but my dad tells me Jake played like out of this world and was extraordinary. My dad told me that after the show Mandy Lion went to the bar and talked with fans, while Jake left on his tour bus, and like a nut my dad followed the tour bus all the way to the hotel where Jake was going to be sleeping for the night. My dad talked to Jake, got a picture with him and says Jake was super nice to him and was interested in checking out my dads camero (at the time). The coolest part is that Jake gave my Dad a Wicked Alliance Guitar Pick that my dad still owns in mint condition, but has the Wicked Alliance words on the pick just slightly faded out, due to it being the one that Jake was using in the show earlier that night!

Awesome Story I thought I'd share with you fellow Jake Fans.

Also, I've looked everywhere for some Wicked Alliance material and know it's not available, but does anyone know where i can find anything, from audio to video on them, because I've heard some of the demos, and i was blown away!

I'm thinking of Purchasing one of the Video Bootlegs that's on this website.

It's the closest i can get to seeing Wicked Alliance Live.

Here's my hopes high, that Jake eventually releases the Wicked Alliance Material! it deserves to be heard!

Killer of Giants

Re: Wicked Alliance

Postby sytharnia » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:03 pm

cool story.....any chance of posting the pic of your dad and jake????? please :wink:

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Ninevah123 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:29 pm

Hi young man....thanks for the killer story...welcome to the Jake army.You can find Wicked Allience material both DVD and CD recording of the live shows on this site for sale....the 'Live in Brooklyn 1994' video is great as is the 'Live in Oranageville 1/30/94'....the cds and the vids are both amatuer recordings so dont expect a proffesional viewing experience...but as a wonderfu trip back through the window of time they are priceless...buy them up...both the cd/dvds of these shows and enjoy....

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:36 pm

Wow, what a great impact story you have there Scorpio_rising04: good thing your Dad didn't give up on meeting one of his music-fave Musician Jake E. Lee. I take it it must of been around the yr. 1993/94 when Jake & the Beast Mandy Lion were Touring together as WICKED ALLIANCE: I love that name and wish they could of putted out a official album/Cd under it because they wrote some pretty heavy stuff Funky-Metal w/that band Wicked Alliance they created. I guess your best bet will be gettin' some of the WA treasures "here" & it's worth it, too. Nice that your Dad handed down that JAKE Wicked Alliance guitar pick to you...'I never seen one if possible, try to give a visual of it. I very much still look forward to Jake E. Lee and Mandy Lion to delivery the goods (...'please!) on a very heavy Funky/Metal band WICKED ALLIANCE: your haunting/heavy groove was totally "wicked and potent" to the core...'The Rust is my fave song of their's by far...'very serious, heavy & sad. Peace! 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:21 am

Shadow wrote:Wow, what a great impact story you have there Scorpio_rising04: good thing your Dad didn't give up on meeting one of his music-fave Musician Jake E. Lee. I take it it must of been around the yr. 1993/94 when Jake & the Beast Mandy Lion were Touring together as WICKED ALLIANCE: I love that name and wish they could of putted out a official album/Cd under it because they wrote some pretty heavy stuff Funky-Metal w/that band Wicked Alliance they created. I guess your best bet will be gettin' some of the WA treasures "here" & it's worth it, too. Nice that your Dad handed down that JAKE Wicked Alliance guitar pick to you...'I never seen one if possible, try to give a visual of it. I very much still look forward to Jake E. Lee and Mandy Lion to delivery the goods (...'please!) on a very heavy Funky/Metal band WICKED ALLIANCE: your haunting/heavy groove was totally "wicked and potent" to the core...'The Rust is my fave song of their's by far...'very serious, heavy & sad. Peace! 8)

He said it was in 1994, Shadow.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby tenfingersofdoom » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:07 pm

very cool

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:31 pm

Oh, yeah he most certainly did...'1994! THANKS, for pointing that out to me Ms. Doobie. Peace!

Just curious have Rebel guiarist Jake E. Lee and Beast Vocalist Mandy Lion ever thought of joining forces, again as WICKED ALLIANCE: for they certainly had that wicked charms and solid groove about them. Also it would be nice if they also had a Myspace personal page for their WA music era time, that would be nice. Think about it...'don't let it slip away, okay? :wink: cheers.

Postby Winter » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:06 pm

Cool story, thanks for sharing!

Postby scorpio_rising04 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:12 pm

Just Yesterday, I Ordered The "Columbus, Ohio" show from Wicked Alliance. Can't wait to get it. Does anyone know how long it takes for it to arrive?

Oh, and yeah, I'm going to try and post a picture of the Wicked Alliance Guitar Pick and the picture of my dad and Jake.

Thanks for the feedback, glad to know the world still has Jake E. Lee fans.

Honestly, I think it would've been perfect for Jake & Ozzy to collaborate again on new material, under a new band name or just under Ozzy Osbourne. Even if it goes without a tour, i think a new Jake & Ozzy song is what Both Jake & Ozzy need in this point in there career.

The Ultimate Sin is a criminally under-rated metal/Ozzy album and never gets the credit it deserves...don't know how on earth Bark at The Moon gets more attention, as I find The Ultimate Sin to have the better Riffs/Solos from Jake.

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:13 am

i bought that same DVD and its great! get some kinda annoying blip noises now and then but apart from that is OK.
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Postby scorpio_rising04 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:37 pm

So, Other than that blip noise...is the audio/video good?

Will I see a good clear look at Jake's Amazing shredding?

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:39 pm

doesn't really focus in on Jake that much.

mainly a view of the whole band.
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Postby scorpio_rising04 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:30 pm

well as long as it looks/sounds decent, I'll be happy.

by the way...do you know how long it normally takes to arrive?

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:26 am

depends where you live. I'm in the UK and it took a week or so.

Postby scorpio_rising04 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:49 am

I Live In the U.S.

So, I'm guessing it might take a little less...

Thanks for your help, here's hoping Jake E. Lee comes back soon! =)

If he does, eventually...he should make another solo album and call it: "Resurfaced", as a direct sequel to "Retraced" haha

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...