JAKE IS BACK WITH OZZY!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSS

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: JAKE IS BACK WITH OZZY!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSS

Postby tedeeoo » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:18 pm

MetalHead wrote:
MrScary1971 wrote:George Lynch is 54 and he is still shredding and performing all the time. Lynch has been touring/recording with his band Souls Of We, the reformed Lynch Mob, and reunited with the original Dokken for the first time in 14 years. Jake can certainly perform at a high level if he so chooses. He has made peace with the performing past of his life and I think we should respect that and wait for him to resurface.

i think the big difference is that Lynch didn't stop working when
he left Dokken.

Well I guess that depends on what you consider to be "working", and I'm assuming we're talking "post-Badlands", if it is tribute albums, guesting on others records (Enuff z'nuff) and what not, then Jake has stayed somewhat busy. If it is a new band with original material and touring, then I guess not. Can't really see Jake "re-uniting" with Ozzy ever, and obviously there can never be a Badlands reunion (and I know nobody said he should, just saying). After seeing the music business up close and personal for the last several years I can actually understand why Jake would stay away from it. On the other hand, as I've said before, it's really hard for me to imagine someone with as much God-given talent as Jake not playing guitar, even if it is just in his living room. Again, I really just hope he's happy and if at some point he chooses to give us some new music and/or live shows, I, like everyone else here, will be there.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:17 pm

Maybe it was a type-o error and it was fixed: 'cause I don't see the Rebel guitarist JAKE E. LEE in the current line-up & going back to OZZY's band anytime soon. It did an "awesome" job with/and in Ozzy Osbourne's band and continued onward in his own band BADLANDS & other music projects/Wicked Alliance & Bourgeois Pigs and Solo works, too. I must admit I was surprise to see that new guitarist name in the current line-up Gus G. (saw him on the cover recently on a Guitar issue) - I was like oh my goodness OZZY was serious/when he said he was gonna get a new guitarist and I don't see ZAKK WYLDE's name in the current line-up anymore: that's a real shocker. His/Zakk's and Jake's name are both mentioned in the former-line up of musicians that helpled "enchanced" OZZY's rich music Career. Anyway, live moves onward and I wish the best to OZZY & his Band and Jake E. Lee w/his Music Projects (pleased do a follow-up for "Retraced" & a Wicked Alliance recordings/put it out there!) & Zakk Wylde w/his band BLS: just keep keepin' on and do your thing! Peace & Godbless.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:53 am

tedeeoo wrote:
MetalHead wrote:
MrScary1971 wrote:George Lynch is 54 and he is still shredding and performing all the time. Lynch has been touring/recording with his band Souls Of We, the reformed Lynch Mob, and reunited with the original Dokken for the first time in 14 years. Jake can certainly perform at a high level if he so chooses. He has made peace with the performing past of his life and I think we should respect that and wait for him to resurface.

he left Dokken.

Well I guess that depends on what you consider to be "working".

In a interview Jake gave after releasing Retraced, he
stated that he hadn't touched a guitar for over a year.

It seems, to me, that all his contemporaries during his hayday
has been working and releasing stuff one way or another just for
the love of it, whereas Jake ... hmm, don't know.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:32 am

tedeeoo wrote:Again, I really just hope he's happy and if at some point he chooses to give us some new music and/or live shows, I, like everyone else here, will be there.

Well, he's going to have to crank it up really, really loud for us ... no doubt, we're all going to be relying on hearing aids by the time he decides to do something. We aren't spring chickens anymore :cry:

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:48 pm

Doobie wrote:
tedeeoo wrote:Again, I really just hope he's happy and if at some point he chooses to give us some new music and/or live shows, I, like everyone else here, will be there.

Well, he's going to have to crank it up really, really loud for us ... no doubt, we're all going to be relying on hearing aids by the time he decides to do something. We aren't spring chickens anymore :cry:

Not denying that that may well be true.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:54 pm

MetalHead wrote:
tedeeoo wrote:
MetalHead wrote:

he left Dokken.

Well I guess that depends on what you consider to be "working".

In a interview Jake gave after releasing Retraced, he
stated that he hadn't touched a guitar for over a year.

It seems, to me, that all his contemporaries during his hayday
has been working and releasing stuff one way or another just for
the love of it, whereas Jake ... hmm, don't know.

Very true statement, I was looking more at the entire time frame since Badlands, but now that mention it I remember that interview also. Only Jake knows where his heart lies in regard to playing guitar, I am content with what he has given us but also hopeful at the same time. Please take no disrespect from my statements, as none is intended.

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:17 pm

Jake will be 53 in February and still younger than a lot of working guitarists out there in his genre. I highly doubt his guitar skills are eroding or wasting away just because he doesn't record very often. By no means should we assume he doesn't do some type of practicing or working on some projects of his own. He did do some work with Enuff Z Nuff. He was also working with some industrial metal musicians a ways back too if I remember correctly. I think he will resurface one day and he will still be able to awe and inspire people with his skills. I truly believe it will be a form of music he totally believes in and I think that is what he's waiting for. He has nothing to prove to anyone and the fact that we are still here waiting with bated breath to hear him again is a testament to his skills as a musician. I sympathize with everyone when i say I wish he would make a major comeback but at the same time it's totally up to Jake to return to the spotlight. When he does return he will no doubt put on one helluva show.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:17 pm

MrScary,

I agree with your last post 100%, I could not have said it any better.

Ted

Previous

Return to All things Jake E Lee...