JAKE IS BACK WITH OZZY!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSS

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: JAKE IS BACK WITH OZZY!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSS

Postby tedeeoo » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:58 pm

Actually it would be better if Jake wrote a book, at this stage of his life I don't think he'd really give a crap what Ozzy/Sharon had to say about it and we'd finally get a "no holds barred" look at the Osbournes. Having said that I highly doubt Jake would ever do that, he 's always handled his time with Ozzy (while in the band and out) with great class. Jake67 you and me would get along really well as I feel the same way about Ozzy w/Jake as you do, with all due respect to Randy whose birthday would have been today by the way.

All Access Member

Postby markymarc1979 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:02 pm

/\
Yeah a book by Jake would be an awesome read. I just could not see Jake with Ozzy now.

Postby ryp11 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:42 am

skezza wrote:Well, sorry to bring a downer on it, but I actually chatted with Ozzy the other day. I met him at a book signing and having spoken to him at a previous book signing about Randy, I felt it was Jakes turn and I asked him, and Ozzy said "he's living in Las Vegas at the moment, he had his band uhm uhm uhm Badlands, but he just wasn't right the guy for our band im afraid" or something like that. I felt he was very gracious in that respect, because I know Sharon has said some real spiteful things about Jake in the past.

I take it that was the signing at the Trafford Centre? I was gutted i missed it, i was at Hard Rock Hell. Did he say anything else at all about Jake?

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:39 pm

I can't see Jake with Ozzy now either, I keep hoping that the post we had from " Victoria" a couple of months back about Jake working on a cd is true. It would be so like him to bring something new out with no advance warning. Time will tell, as we all know there is NO predicting what Jake will do, or when he will do it.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Rainbow » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:24 pm

Jake is now in his 50's, so sadly you can't expect him to perform onstage like we all remember

All Access Member

Postby Astrid » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:54 pm

I'm creeping up on 40. I don't *want* to go to show like he used to play with Ozzy. I can't recover from "the pit" the way I used to. :roll: I'd love it if he'd just play a few gigs now and then...sorry, make that *announce* and then play a few gigs. Vegas is actually an easy, cheap flight these days. I just need a bit of a heads up.
I think the CD he's working on right now is the one with Micky Thomas and Ansley Dunbar, yes?

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:50 pm

Rainbow wrote:Jake is now in his 50's, so sadly you can't expect him to perform onstage like we all remember

No disrespect here Rainbow, but I think we'd all just like to see Jake period. Jake with a guitar in his hands is more than enough performance for me. A cd with Mickey Thomas and Ansley Dunbar would be cool but I would take whatever Jake decided to do. And again, I hope whatever Jake does, be it a cd or just playing in the living room or working on cars or whatever, that he's happy. And like I said, if I know he is playing in Vegas, I will be there, be it Thomas and Mack or the local "juke joint" (yes, I'm from Mississippi, lol!!!!)

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:21 pm

Rainbow wrote:Jake is now in his 50's, so sadly you can't expect him to perform onstage like we all remember

George Lynch is 54 and he is still shredding and performing all the time. Lynch has been touring/recording with his band Souls Of We, the reformed Lynch Mob, and reunited with the original Dokken for the first time in 14 years. Jake can certainly perform at a high level if he so chooses. He has made peace with the performing past of his life and I think we should respect that and wait for him to resurface.

Lynch with Dokken
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k1xalhPHdA

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:46 pm

MrScary1971 wrote:

George Lynch is 54 and he is still shredding and performing all the time. Lynch has been touring/recording with his band Souls Of We, the reformed Lynch Mob, and reunited with the original Dokken for the first time in 14 years. Jake can certainly perform at a high level if he so chooses. He has made peace with the performing past of his life and I think we should respect that and wait for him to resurface.

Lynch with Dokken
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k1xalhPHdA

Very well said.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Jake67 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:21 pm

Heck, I'd be happy with anything in terms of projects.

I'm a big Ritchie Blackmore fan. Obviously he took a dramatic turn by starting Blackmore's Night and playing a style of music dramatically different than Rainbow or Deep Purple.

But I love it. I love it because it's my favorite player playing. No matter what he plays, his identity is in there.

Jeff Beck is another guy who has moved from style to style over the years and is still a joy to hear because his identity and gift with the guitar is still in there even when everything else might be out of place. (Those of you who lived through the Flash album know what I'm talking about.)

Hope Jake takes that path and starts creating music without feeling it has to be the same things he did in the prior century.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Rainbow » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:24 am

Don't get me wrong guys I want to see Jake back in action just as much as you - let's hope we get some good news

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:33 am

Ohhhhhh, I bet Jake can still move it on stage!!

All Access Member

Postby markymarc1979 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:55 pm

/\
Oh yeah, and show a whole generation how to play as well!

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:55 am

Rainbow wrote:Don't get me wrong guys I want to see Jake back in action just as much as you - let's hope we get some good news

I share your enthusiasm my friend and understand your feelings. We'll just have to be patient hopefully a little longer. :D

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:59 am

MrScary1971 wrote:George Lynch is 54 and he is still shredding and performing all the time. Lynch has been touring/recording with his band Souls Of We, the reformed Lynch Mob, and reunited with the original Dokken for the first time in 14 years. Jake can certainly perform at a high level if he so chooses. He has made peace with the performing past of his life and I think we should respect that and wait for him to resurface.

i think the big difference is that Lynch didn't stop working when
he left Dokken.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...