That Metal Show-Where is Jake

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

That Metal Show-Where is Jake

Postby tedeeoo » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:07 pm

I don't know how many of you watch "That Metal Show" with Eddie Trunk on VH1 Classic, but he does a segment called "where are they now", where people ask what their favorite metal stars of the 80's are up to now. On the show I watched this morning, his guests were Stephen Pearcy and Warren Demartini of Ratt, and of course the question was, "where is Jake". Before Eddie answered he said of all the people he is asked about he is asked about Jake more than any of the rest. He said "everybody just loves the guy (Jake)", and he said what most people know, that Jake lives in Vegas, that he's very reclusive and that we all hope he will do something again. Warren said that Jake has an "open invitation" to come play with us anytime he wants and he added that Ratt would be in Vegas very soon and that he, as well as everyone in the group hoped that Jake would come out to the shows and maybe play some. I've said it before, everytime Jake is mentioned on a show like that people go nuts, whether Jake realizes it or not, there is a huge interest in him right now, and I would definately travel to Vegas to see Jake with Ratt, or anyone else. I've heard Eddie Trunk say many times how everybody wants to see Jake again, we can only hope.

Ultimate Sinner

Re: That Metal Show-Where is Jake

Postby Jake67 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:29 pm

Saw the show. Unfortunately, for most of us fans, there really wasn't anything new.

Still nice to see Jake get talked about, though.

(And is it just me, or does Pearcy always seem just a bit out of it?)

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:58 am

I thought it was interesting in that out of all the people Eddie Trunk could get asked about, he gets asked about Jake the most. Says alot for Jake and thats a good thing. I agree with you about Pearcy, I think he's been out of it since the 80's, lol!!

All Access Member

Postby markymarc1979 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:05 pm

Didn't see the show here in England, however it is nice to hear Jake getting mentioned and basically saying how I feel, that we miss Jake!

Secret Loser

Postby alfamy1 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:50 pm

eddie trunk -my guess is that jake turned him down ...better w/ d.jameson and jim florentine, imo
the video on each TMS show U can see at
:arrow:
:arrow: That Metal Show -link :!:

[center]***********************[/center]
Last edited by alfamy1 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#### WOOD LOVE TO SEE JAKE E SURROUNDED WITH
LOADS OF EFFECTS AND MUSIC INSTRUMENTZ LIKELY A MUSIC-LABORATORY !! ####

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby rustkill » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:15 pm

the eddie Trunk show sucks really bad. it could be good but the way they do things is just plan stupid. you have these great artist on the show and you ask them something like 2 maybe 3 questions. not even good questions then he starts all that other junk.

what would make it good or way better would be to drop the other 2 guys that are not funny at all anyway. and drop the stump the trunk crap and get down and dirty with the who ever is there. asking the questions more than just the fluff. ask them how they put songs together / what there guitar set up is / what the listen to and on and on.
i watched the steve vai and ratt shows and the same thing the guys just sat there while all this other crap went on if i was them i would be thinking why am i even here!

anyway sorry i just wanted to get that off my chest. i went to the vhi site to bitch but did not see a good place to post there saw this and here we are.

you would think that Warren would be able to get Jake out being old roommates and all. i think that if JAke formed a new band and hit the road there would be people going crazy to see him.
I saw Badlands back in the day with Telsa and great white. I have been mad at myself for not paying more attention to them that nite being all drunk and other stuff
jake had that cast on his leg but he still moved like crazy. at the time i did not think they sounded that great that night. over the years thinking back i wish i had paid more attention and remembered more.
if i could build a time machine i would go back in time to a long of badlands concerts!!!!
thanks rust

sorry if i went a little off subject

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:06 am

I tend to agree with you about "That Metal Show", I think it would be much better if VH1 just gave it to Eddie and said "do what you want". His radio show that comes on Boneyard on Sirius is a much better show to me, as it has alot more focus on the music and the people who create/created it. I have to give Eddie credit for keeping the "flame" alive so to speak, no matter what you think of his show, you can't deny his love for the same type of music that alot of us love and, he absolutely loves Jake, I have heard him say it many times. As far as Jake goes, I have said it before and will keep saying it, just say a prayer or make a wish or do whatever you do for him. Hopefully Jake is doing good, that is the important thing, and maybe one day he'll decide to make music again.

Secret Loser

Postby alfamy1 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:56 pm

:)
i agree to that, yup I tried too but
.. so I have been in touch w/ ET but....it will be another story/headline..computerproblem... !
-...Great to hear others stories around!!! always fun to hear...eh don't ever ever get drunk on a concert you never know what you'll be missing!!! get merchant's instead of booze.... ;-)
imo is that stump the trunk that the Q should got to all these 3hosts , i don't like eddie ts talkative manner and he so obvious wants to be there in the spotlight -i used to read his bloggings ...not twitter ,sigh -and he is a person who write alot with no substance , the same is his shows he is maybe good in dates,places and if they were good or bad which is very subjective , right -he is uptodated with albums or memberchange , in this stumptotrunk he ''said'' he was pretending not to know the Q's ... even what happens in the States..??????
i really hope he participate with ppl like JakeE ... its not a matter of liking it's a matter of professional and a bit of thinking .... Paul Stanley seems not to be amused about ET But yeah ET knows about British metal since the 80s so its to his advantage- I mean that even GuitarWorld and ditto interviews has got relevant personal questions -that's the matter of questions or... how good their guest are presenting, rhetoric etc.

ps
ET:1/3 , the latest

'' ….............. thanks for all the kind words about my kids and the segment with Don & Jim babysitting. Many seemed to get a kick out of it and needless to say my daughter is a star in her kindergarten for the week while my son is singing "Bark At The Moon". ….''

yeah yeah right -serious info ,u bet -lollol

:roll:
:!: :!:

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Jake67 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:13 am

Might be interesting to simulcast Eddie's radio show on VH1 (even tape delayed) like they do some talk show radio programs. I've listened to the show on the Internet once or twice and if he's got a guest you like, it's great to hear them talking without the constraints of the TV show.

The half-hour format of That Metal Show just doesn't lend itself to indepth conversations. But I assume that VH1 doesn't think anyone can handle that type of thing on TV.

I agree with some of the other criticisms about TMS, but I suppose it's a mindless, guilty pleasure for me. I don't think there's anything close to that elsewhere on TV, so it's the best we've got. (I do record it, though, and fast-forward through any boring parts.)

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:19 pm

I agree with you Jake67, it may not be much but at least TMS is something, I just wish they'd give it to just Eddie, I think that one thing would be a major improvement.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:43 pm

Sorry, I don't get VH1 TV program..'that's pretty "nice" that the METAL SHOW "Where Are they Now" did a spotlight on virtuoso/guitarist Jake E. Lee and what his up to now..'I just hope it was up to date to what his musicially involved with now and of course his heavy root/Music back ground. 8)

Return to All things Jake E Lee...