Phil Soussan on Jake...

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: Phil Soussan on Jake...

Postby tedeeoo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:04 am

Not to change the subject, but I read yesterday on rig-talk.com that Jake is not doing very well. Now granted that could all just be talk but everybody please say a prayer for the man. Whether you agree with anything he's done with his career or not, we're all here because we love him, so please just think about him when you talk/pray to whoever or whatever you talk to.

Ted

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:19 pm

I read through the rig talk forum, and I have trouble believing some of the posts.

Here's just one post that disgusts me:
"Sad stuff for sure, but I heard he's been a junkie for a long time now. I heard he and most of the Badlands band were shooting heroin back, so him being an addict is not new news. Wouldn't be surprised to hear it went back to the Ozzy days since drugs were probably available like M&M sitting in a candy dish."

Badlands were far from being a partying band. I don't know where this info is from.

Here's another one:
"you can pretty much tell he's toofless by his "smile"..."
Just because he doesn't smile it doesn't make him toothless (a real problem among meth addicts). If he were toothless his facial structure would appear collapsed, which it doesn't. Jake never really smiles much in photos anyways!

Once again, I don't know Jake so I can't comment personally. These rumors have been spread before, maybe there's a truth to it, who knows. Hopefully he is well.
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:31 pm

LouZ,

I hope to goodness you are right, rock-n-roll has claimed enough heroes I don't want it to claim one of mine. There is one person on that forum (Steve) that seems so certain, of course he won't tell anyone how he knows either so he may be full of it. Just in case, say a prayer anyway, everyone could use some divine help, whether things are good or bad.

Ted

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:03 am

LouZ wrote:Badlands were far from being a partying band. I don't know where this info is from.

Ray did die from aids though, so that could be where
that rumour originated. But it's just a internet rumour ...
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:34 am

Here's the thread tedeeoo speaks of: http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic ... jake+e+lee

There are pics on it about half way down the page that we, or at least I, hadn't seen yet. (I didn't know how to just grab the pics and bring them over, or I would have).

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:08 am

Metalhead-

I did not know Ray either, but from what I've read from RayGillen.com, someone that knew him stated that he lived a clean life, but was with many women, living either in LA, NYC, or England (remember AIDS isn't just a disease of homosexuals, but in the late 80's straight people weren't as cautious)

Once again, no one really knows for sure, I agree with Ted, it can't hurt to say a prayer.
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:51 pm

I did not mean to alarm anyone, and I apologize for it, but I really worry about Jake, when I say he was my hero, I mean it, same as everyone else here does.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:49 am

tedeeoo wrote:I did not mean to alarm anyone, and I apologize for it, but I really worry about Jake, when I say he was my hero, I mean it, same as everyone else here does.

There's nothing on that thread we, that have been here for years, haven't heard before. You either take it with a grain of salt or take it to be truth ... it's an individual choice. As one poster there said, "it takes nothing away from his past accomplishments". True that.

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:51 am

I thought Ray Caught HIV from his Girlfriend..Who was a User?

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:27 pm

Well we all know that OZZY had some pretty incrediable Musicians in his band Ozzy Osbourne: "each" one of those legendary musicians have a master-script story History behind them...'I'm sure Mr. Phil Soussan witness some heavy incrediable moments while in OZZY's band and likewise vice a versa the other members as well. It's been along time past/a little over 20yrs I believe since Rebel guitarist/Musician Jake E. Lee departure from OZZY's band: a band that Mr. Jake E. Lee poured his Heart N Soul into with grit & integrity and yes maybe he wasn't the best socializer in the band/always on the quiet side due do maybe feelin' not totally welcomed in Ozzy eye's. There's another aspect to this story and JAKE is the key to that for he is the only one that can totally "clear and reveal" true's in his own life story: and it's a blessing that this very talented "quiet and social/when he wants to be" legendary Rebel musician is still with us. JAKE E. LEE your an Electric Earthy/Hard Rocker-Metal/Blues "hard working" Musician (keep on with your Music endeavors) and your Life music-History needs to come from your lips...'misgiving's/and not for "none of us" are perfect. Keep on keepin on your "awesome" Jake. Peace!

Previous

Return to All things Jake E Lee...