Las Vegas Nov 2009....Legend still rockin' !!!

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: Las Vegas Nov 2009....Legend still rockin' !!!

Postby tedeeoo » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:00 pm

The fact that Jake is willing to talk about some of his problems is a good sign. The best thing we can all do is keep showing our support for Jake here, and anywhere else we get the chance. And like I said, say some prayers for the man. Everybody goes through tough times in their lives and many people come out of those times much stronger, let's believe that will be the case with Jake. On a different note, I'd pay alot of money to see a G3 type of tour with Jake, George Lynch, and John Sykes, just call it Guitar Legends. I think a tour like that would be huge overseas where all of these players still have huge followings, and I think it would do well in the U.S.A. if the right markets were chosen. Not sure if Jake would want to tour that way again but there is no question that people want to see him and hear him, I know I would travel to see a show like that.

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:36 am

Jake ,George and John...Where Do I Sign!!!

Postby skezza » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:43 pm

or Jake, George and Warren... :)
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:41 pm

I wonder how much equipment he owns now.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:50 am

I would go for Jake, George and Warren to, that would be cool since they all came up together. John would make it a bigger draw, he and Jake are alike in that alot of people in the States would love to see them live. Another place Jake could do really well if he chose to (and alot of you rockers may not like this thought) would be Nashville, they really like that rock edge on their records right now ( esp. rock guitar) and given Jake's broad variety of chops, he could pull off session work in N'ville with no problem, and could actually pull in big money doing it. Lots of places he could play live to and not have to tour, although there are many oppurtunities to tour out of N'ville. If Jake gets things straightened out and decides to pursue music again I don't think lining up equipment will be an issue, I know alot of the guys at Peavey and they would kill for someone like Jake and build him whatever he wanted, I get the feeling that Jackson/Fender would do the same and I'm sure Marshall would love to have him back. Know I'm speculating alot here, I really just want to see Jake healthy and happy.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:54 am

And just a thought on the Nashville thing, Jake also plays a Hammond organ and keys very well, that would come in very handy in the studio world in N'ville (esp. the Hammond), producers there just love guys that can do all that.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Ninevah123 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:54 pm

Jake......I found it hard to read you were in a car accident.....I thought of you lying in that ditch alone and maybe afraid.Do you have any idea how much we love you...do you know how you have influenced us and how much happiness and pleasure you have brought into our lives with your music?Do you know how much we think about you and wonder where you are....we care about you dude....we care about you as a person,as a man and as a human being. Even if you never release another song or pick up a guiter ever again we just want you to know how much respect and affection we have for you.

With Badlands you gave us your legacy....that music was best of the genre I have ever heard and is played by me nearly every day.....do you know that?Do you know that it doesn't matter that it was 20 years ago...WE STILL LOVE AND REMEMBER IT ALL.....I remember seeing Badlands here in Glasgow at the Cathouse in one of your last shows together..I stood right in front of you barely 3 foot from you and had my ears blasted for 2 solid hours by the best music and guitar playing I could ever hope to hear.Of all the bands I have seen...Badlands were the best, and to see my hero so close and witness Badlands live was an honour.

Whatever you do...always know you are cherished by us.....and that you will always be in our hearts.Sorry dude,but you will just have to put up with us.
Last edited by Ninevah123 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:58 pm

Ninevah123 wrote:WE STILL LOVE AND REMEMBER IT ALL.....

Sorry dude, but you will just have to put up with us.

Ditto.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:59 pm

Ninevah123 wrote:Jake......I found it hard to read you were in a car accident.....I thought of you lying in that ditch alone and maybe afraid.Do you have any idea how much we love you...do you know how you have influenced us and how much happiness and pleasure you have brought into our lives with your music?Do you know how much we think about you and wonder where you are....we care about you dude....we care about you as a person,as a man and as a human being. Even if you never release another song or pick up a guiter ever again we just want you to know how much respect and affection we have for you.

With Badlands you gave us your legacy....that music was best of the genre I have ever heard and is played by me nearly every day.....do you know that?Do you know that it doesn't matter that it was 20 years ago...WE STILL LOVE AND REMEMBER IT ALL.....I remember seeing Badlands here in Glasgow at the Cathouse in one of your last shows together..I stood right in front of you barely 3 foot from you and had my ears blasted for 2 solid hours by the best music and guitar playing I could ever hope to hear.Of all the bands I have seen...Badlands were the best, and to see my hero so close and witness Badlands live was an honour.

Whatever you do...always know you are cherished by us.....and that you will always be in our hearts.Sorry dude,but you will just have to put up with us.

Could not say it any better.

All Access Member

Postby cleric » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:14 pm

DemonAGoGo wrote:The photographer has given me the ok with quoting his message to me about the night - so here you go:

DemonAGoGo, thank you for the story, you made my year :)

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:56 pm

Since none of us were there, I thought you all would enjoy this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJWyighm ... B&index=27

I was just screwing around on Youtube and found this, I didn't record it!

The little bit there is, Jake sounds pretty good
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

All Access Member

Postby Astrid » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:21 pm

That gave me chills! Rough, yes, but f*ck it's great to hear/see him perform again! Thank you for that. It made my month!

A

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby DemonAGoGo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:01 am

LouZ wrote:Since none of us were there, I thought you all would enjoy this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJWyighm ... B&index=27

I was just screwing around on Youtube and found this, I didn't record it!

The little bit there is, Jake sounds pretty good

Yep - that's my Youtube link - posted above..........

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:00 am

Demon- I'm guessing you weren't in Vegas, did you get this from Crapmonkey Travis?
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

Previous

Return to All things Jake E Lee...