some jake stuff from zakk wylde

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

some jake stuff from zakk wylde

Postby seatzie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:40 am

picked these up off Zakk's twitter feed, thought it was pretty good of him to post it

Sean I don't know... We used to play Shot in the Dark w/ extended jam at the end like on Just Say Ozzy..
After no more Tours I don't think we ever played Shot... Oz always said he Remember records based on if he had a good time or not
Oz said Ultimate Sin he didn't enjoy makin it... I know Tears there was Definitely SOME PARTY'N goin on durin that Motherfucker!!!!GOOD TIME

Oz said about Jake ... Zakk I can't say anything bad about the guy ... I never really knew him... Oz has never said a bad word ever to me

Jake had it rough comin right after Randy... Like Holmes after ALI ... I always Dug Jake... Still do Badlands n everything

Jake should put a Band together n Get out there n start Tearin it up again...

None of my friends were Jake Haters when he came in... We all thought he Kicked Ass n Had his Own Thing .. "NINJA GUITAR"!!!!!

Killer of Giants

Re: some jake stuff from zakk wylde

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:41 pm

seatzie wrote:Oz said Ultimate Sin he didn't enjoy makin it.

Thats cos he was too busy in rehab! ozzys such a tool. Jake and Bob practacly made that album for him anyway.

Thanks for the post seatzie.
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Postby seatzie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:41 pm

to be honest zakk more or less said ozzy admitted that,I only posted the Jake specific bits, but there was a lot of oher stuff about the other albums, and the impression I got was because of the rehab etc, he didnt like that time in his life etc

I think Ozzy saying he didn't know Jake properly is probably also Ozzy admitting his errors, I remember hearing an interview with Gary Moore and he was asked which guitarists impressed him (this was roughly 86) he said Jake because when everyone was in the hotel bar partying Jake was upstairs in his room practising

anyway fingers crossed 2010 is a better Jake year for all of us!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Ninevah123 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:45 pm

Yeah Ozzy never liked the Ultimate Sin until the money started pouring into his account to buy him his mansions and keep a smile on his money hungry wifes' face..............I think its good that Zakk talked positively about Jake...I alwaysd like when I read other players views on him......

I think in Ozzys quieter moments he should realise that Jake kept his career going while he was drugged and drunk out of his head....Ozzy probably doesn't even remember anything about the 80s.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:49 pm

I don't think I've ever heard Zakk say anything bad about Jake, I can remember one of the first interviews I read with Zakk after he got the gig with Ozzy where he was very complimentary of Jake. I've also noticed recently, that Ozzy has had been much kinder towards Jake when people have asked him questions at his book signings. I remember an interview with Jake where he said both Gary Moore and EVH (which is saying alot, cause Ed doesn't pay compliments to just anyone, Gary Moore either) paid him compliments on his playing when they were all on the bill at 84' Castle Donington, Jake said it was one of his career highlights. Ozzy himself has said that that show was maybe the best show he and his band have ever done, think about the magnitude of that statement for a minute. I'm with Zakk about Jake gettin' something together, I could go for a Gillis, Lee, Wylde, "Guitars of Ozzy" tour as much as I could a Lee,Lynch,Sykes "Guitar Legends" tour. I'd be happy either way, keep prayin' for the man everyone, I do every day.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:04 pm

When I read the part about Jake practicing while everyone else was partying (during the Ozzy tours), I can't understand why Jake has had some sort of substance abuse problem now (referencing to Jake in Vegas thread)
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:43 pm

When I was a teenager I used to look at pictures of Jake that I had on my wall and think "there's no way somebody that plays that good could be doing drugs or alcohol". I know that was naive thinking on my part, but that thought about Jake specifically had a lot to do with me never trying those things. Jake, in an indirect way got me through some of the toughest years any person goes through and he made it real easy for me not to bow to peer pressure because Jake always seemed to be his own person and I loved that. As far as how he might have gotten to the points he's been at recently, I guess only Jake could answer that question, I have some thoughts on it but I'd rather leave that subject alone and hope that Jake comes through everything okay. When I pray for Jake, I don't pray that he starts playing guitar and touring and all that stuff (although, admittedly I would love that), I just pray that he's okay and that he's happy. As he has to many of you, he has always meant far more to me than just music.

All Access Member

Postby Snowy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:01 pm

Very nice words, Tedeeoo. Beautifully said.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Happy Bunny. Copy and paste him into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Ninevah123 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:26 pm

tedeeoo......you summed up everything that we all feel about Jake...I would love Jake to do an interview with Jefnel so we could just ask him one question.....'are you ok?'

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:11 pm

Tons of respect for Jake and his ability to not use the whammy bar like 98% of guitarists of the genre. His face melting solo on the Ultimate Ozzy dvd showcased his incredible technique and set him above most of his peers in that respect. If Ozzy wasn't so wasted drinking away the loss of Randy (undestandably) he might have noticed just how special a player Jake was (is). Jake deserved better, and looking back Ozzy should have focused on a new disc with Jake instead of losing Jake because of the "Tribute" cd. Hindsight is always 20/20.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:10 am

I can remember Jake saying after TUS was recorded that "I plan to fully explore the vista's of electric guitar on the next Ozzy record", I have often wondered what that record might have sounded like if it had ever happened. Of course then we might not have had Badlands so I guess everything works out for the best. "Voodoo Highway" is still one of the best guitar records I have ever heard, Jake plays his butt off on that record and strangely enough, just like TUS, alot of times it gets overlooked. I have recently been listening to TUS a good bit and there is so much unbelievable playing on that record, especially on the songs that maybe didn't get attention. Like I said, makes me wonder what that 3rd Ozzy record might have been had he kept Jake.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Ninevah123 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:05 pm

I agree........The Ultimate Sin is a blisstering account of mid 80s Metal and I listen to it often...Jakes tone and the way he seemed to blend his own technique straight into the compostions without adopting typical habits is a leason to anyone who thinks they need to conform.

I am listening to 'Never' from the Ultimate Sin and its a fantastic song......the vibe is like a volcano........

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:42 pm

Oh yeah, the main riff in "Never" is one of Jake's best which is saying alot. "Fool Like You" is another song on there that gets overlooked, that song is just full of guitar (much like "Never"). Jake, in that era, was just different from alot of the other guys, tone-wise, playing-wise and there was just nobody better than Jake live. I mean when you get guys like Gary Moore and EVH paying you compliments, that's says alot. Even his contemporaries like Warren DeMartini and George Lynch have paid Jake compliments in the press multiple times. Not to mention being tabbed by both Dio and Ozzy to be their guitar player, it's kinda like Ozzy said recently, "you gotta be good to get the gig".

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:51 pm

"I admire and respect "every" Master musicians that kicked it live in OZZY OSBOURNE Band: their "awesome" people each and everyone of them. I lov OZZY, RANDY, JAKE, ZAKK, RANDY C., TOMMY, DAISLEY, AIREY, PHIL, RUDY, etc.,. etc.,. so that's all I have to say about that. Much respects :!: "

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Ninevah123 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:52 am

I remember getting the Ultimate Sin LP for Christmas and I remember lying in my bedroom floor with my headphones on with it really really loud......When I came across 'Never' and 'Fool like You' I remember thinking....'whats this.....these songs are killer'.....off all the songs I have played over the past 25 years from that album I would say I get the most fullfilment from 'Never'.....its a beautiful song.....so heavy,so Jake....

The album itself might now be regarded by some people as somehow less than the sum of the others...but I remember 1985 and the impact this album had.....everybody had it and everyone loved the Jakester.His playing was praised in every review of the record I ever read as were the songs. I love the Ultimate Sin because it shows Jakes song writing and ability on the guiter to the max.I know Badlands was his hearts desire....but I still hope The Ultimate Sin makes him proud,because its still out there somewhere being blasted out of stereos the world over.....including here in Scotland.

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...