Dusk Tabs

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Dusk Tabs

Postby markymarc1979 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:19 am

Did anyone ever manage to locate any tabs for Dusk? All I have are my scribbled tabs for Healer (which I think is half wrong, esp the intro riff) & Sun Red Sun.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: Dusk Tabs

Postby rustkill » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:59 pm

I have looked and looked and cant find any of them. i still look about once a month or so.

I posted the other albums here before. there were a few not tabbed so i have been working on those for guitar pro, i have been learning as i go. once i get them done i will post again for everyone.

if you have tabbed anything out for dusk in guitar pro or power tab then post what you have. even if they are off hopefully people will fix them or add to them and repost.

if i do ever come across anything from Dusk i will post. for those that read this and say just use your ear. well some people are not perfect and tabs help. so if you have the ability to play what you hear easy then please think about tabbing Dusk tabs out for those that need the help.
dusk is a great album

badlands forever !!!!!!!!!! still way better than 99 % of new music out there.

rustkill

All Access Member

Postby markymarc1979 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:32 pm

Although I do use Power tab and Guitar pro, I have no idea how to write a tab on there, I use the old paper and pen method. I think I'll put more effort into healer and scan my results if any one is brave enough to convert it to power tab that would be awesome.

Oh I so agree with your last statement rustkill!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby rustkill » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:40 pm

its not as hard as you think with guitar pro , what you can do is use the tab portion and put the chord or note in something like ( 577 or just 5 ) on each string you want. then move to the top and change the note you want whole / half / and so on. i think if you play around with it some you will find things out. after you put a few notes in you can have it play and see if its close at all.

the tabs i have been doing i have the notes infront of me , i know this makes it a lot easier but after doing just 3 songs i learned a lot and started moving faster. also like i said if you can get close and then post them maybe someone will be nice enough to fix and repost.

if you do take this on i would post them here and on a big guitar pro tab site that way they are out there for others to look at.

marky
you should try tesla if you have not their last 2 cd's are very good.
i have been listen to richie kotzen as well he is diffrent than badlands but there is still a lot of good stuff there
I hope that the new Ratt cd will be like old times and have some good stuff on it-- out of the celllar and invasion
rust

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Allfyve » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:00 am

[center]
:idea:
WHY ISNT THERE A SPECIAL FORUM BESIDES ''JAKE TALK '' AND ''FREE FOR ALL '' -I MEAN YOU COULD HAVE MIXED TABS,ETC , WITH ALL GUITARISTS IN A THIRD FORUM-LINK IT WOULD MAKE IT EASIER TO LOOK FOR WHEN YOU ARE A GUITARPLAYER
:?: :!: [/center]

Postby msb7144 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:54 pm

I'd love tabs for The River

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby 3dayphunk » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:48 pm

I would love to see tabs for Dusk. If I had more time on my hands, I would love to contribute. But I just don't these days. I also shared pdfs of the 1st two albums in the forum here.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Tonefiend » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:17 am

Get the amazing slow downer or any other program that slows a record down and keeps it at pitch. Get some tab paper or make some up and tab it it out yourself. You'll be surprised at how it improves your ears and transcribing abilities. That's how Jake did it back in the day. well no ASD but probably with a foot on the record player.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Tonefiend » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:18 am

Get the amazing slow downer or any other program that slows a record down and keeps it at pitch. Get some tab paper or make some up and tab it it out yourself. You'll be surprised at how it improves your ears and transcribing abilities. That's how Jake did it back in the day. well no ASD but probably with a foot on the record player.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:00 am

I downloaded Audacity onto my pc then imported a few tracks from Dusk.

Audacity also has a filter that allows vocals to be somewhat removed. I found that I could hear Jake's rhythm playing perfectly! The tempo can also be slowed down without changing the pitch to figure out the rhythm and solos.

Jake's playing is just so amazing on Dusk
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

Return to All things Jake E Lee...