Check the guitar half way down this page

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Check the guitar half way down this page

Postby timstar » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:24 am

Re: Check the guitar half way down this page

Postby skezza » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:37 am

Interesting beast. Not sure whether it is older or newer than my ESP Jake. Mine has a slightly shaved headstock which makes me think that its newer because it were around early 90s, that Fender had finally arse raped everyone to the point that nobody was using their headstock any more.
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:00 pm

wait a minute ... 3 singlecoil pickups and a scalloped fretboard.

... other than the colorscheme I don't see how this one is related to Jake.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:23 pm

Wow, all of them pretty impressive looking Classic designs guitars: JAKE's ESP B/W is a real "wild" beauty & very nice seeing Jake E. Lee's name Signatured on it and that handle looking Steve Vai "turguise" guitar very strange indeed and that pretty pink Paiseley guitar really caught my eye, too...'I think there's a Country star that has that last name, too. Anyway all them really cool vintage treasure guitars & the music legends that Owned/played them chose very wisely, indeed. Great pictures...'SLASH has a beauty solid Classic guitar too. Peace!

Postby ElSuperbeasto » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:47 pm

Those all look like fakes, the Gibson Gold Top's serial # looks odd. But yea, Jake E Lee's boards weren't scalloped, and he had a hardtail, this is routed for a tremelo.

These are Jake's ESP's (production models)

Check out the board on this one.

The head stock looks waaaay off, pickup's are wrong, has three knobs (at most there were 2), the ESP neck plate is wrong, and no ESP stamp or serial #.

BEWARE of low life scammers
Last edited by ElSuperbeasto on Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby ElSuperbeasto » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:51 pm

skezza wrote:Interesting beast. Not sure whether it is older or newer than my ESP Jake. Mine has a slightly shaved headstock which makes me think that its newer because it were around early 90s, that Fender had finally arse raped everyone to the point that nobody was using their headstock any more.

Still looks different from his ... and no big ugly hole drilled for the trussrod.

*side not* Sexy pics of a Charvel. 8) 8)

Postby skezza » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:21 pm

Ahh yeah, the more I look at it, the more it stands out as being a fake E Lee. The bridge especially. I had seen large headstock Jake models, but now seeing the photo above, makes me think this is almost a deffo fake.
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Return to All things Jake E Lee...