crazy train jake v tab how do you do this bit?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

crazy train jake v tab how do you do this bit?

Postby Tyler » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:36 am

http://www.jakeelee.com/html/testconver ... light=tabs

in that link there is a guitar pro version of crazy train played at the us festival am i am wondering how do you play the first two line of the solo its like tapping or hammers on on differtent stings how do you do that?

its with the 10 s' and 11s on the first 3 strings

All Access Member

Re: crazy train jake v tab how do you do this bit?

Postby Shadow » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:03 pm

I'm "sorry" Tyler - I havn't a clue for I'm not a Professional musician: those "zip" music files you mentioned a link to look pretty interesting. Good luck, I'm sure someone will answer you but unfortunately it's not me. I'm trying to figure out what's a zip? Have a great weekend and the best in getting your answers to these JAKE's music taps. :P peace.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:50 am

Tyler, the tapping part of Crazy Train is played on 1 string.
Dunno what the GP tabwriters were thinking :P

Shadow wrote:I'm "sorry" Tyler - I havn't a clue for I'm not a Professional musician: those "zip" music files you mentioned a link to look pretty interesting. Good luck, I'm sure someone will answer you but unfortunately it's not me. I'm trying to figure out what's a zip? Have a great weekend and the best in getting your answers to these JAKE's music taps. :P peace.

jeez, that was unnecessary. crying for attention ?
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby kevinxdunk » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:30 pm

Tyler wrote:http://www.jakeelee.com/html/testconvert/viewtopic.php?t=1249&highlight=tabs

in that link there is a guitar pro version of crazy train played at the us festival am i am wondering how do you play the first two line of the solo its like tapping or hammers on on differtent stings how do you do that?

its with the 10 s' and 11s on the first 3 strings

Sometimes the tabs have mistakes, don't follow all of them, try to figure out by your ears in parts where you think may have been wrong. I do it that way

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:09 pm

Are you talking about the solo in the middle of the song or the tapping lick Jake plays on the intro of the song? The one on the intro, if it is the same one he plays on the Salt Lake City show (I'll have to watch, it's been awhile), is on two strings and descends down the neck, if I remember right. Not sure of the tab on it if that is the lick you're talking about. Metalhead is correct if you are talking about the actual guitar solo in the middle of the song. Jake played the intro and outro on this song several different ways throughout his stay with Ozzy, his outro solo on "The Ultimate Ozzy" on "Crazy Train" is just insane, he just smokes the crap out of it.

Shadow-a "zip" file is a way of storing large files on a computer, that is a very basic description and I'm sure some one here will be nice enough to give you a better description of a "zip" file than I can.

Ted

Return to All things Jake E Lee...