Wicked version of BATM

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Wicked version of BATM

Postby MrScary1971 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:54 pm

Saw this vid on youtube and it's a blistering version of Bark At The Moon. Easily my favorite Ozzy song. I'm sure someone posted it before but i somehow missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSNuIzw9 ... re=related

Killer of Giants

Re: Wicked version of BATM

Postby MetalHead » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:45 am

i transferred the whole concert frmo VHS to DVD 8 years ago ;) 8)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:12 pm

I have the whole concert on my Ipod!
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:12 am

I don't care who has what, i just like how Jake changed up the solo and added some different parts. One of Ozzy's better performances too when he was an entertainer and not a commercial sellout.

Postby skezza » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:54 pm

Its a great version. Seen it several times but it never gets boring watching it. It is quite a bit faster than the original and Jake doesn't put a foot wrong all gig tbh. They re-released it on DVD a couple of years ago and I got one (imported from Japan) and I watch it quite regularly. My old man ain't a great fan of Ozzy, but he loves great guitarist and he's a big fan of Jake (Especially with Badlands) and he really enjoyed watching it!
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:07 pm

skezza wrote:Its a great version. Seen it several times but it never gets boring watching it. It is quite a bit faster than the original and Jake doesn't put a foot wrong all gig tbh. They re-released it on DVD a couple of years ago and I got one (imported from Japan) and I watch it quite regularly. My old man ain't a great fan of Ozzy, but he loves great guitarist and he's a big fan of Jake (Especially with Badlands) and he really enjoyed watching it!

Very cool, i love Badlands too. Bark At The Moon is an underrated disc imo.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:43 am

I prefer the version on the link herewith. You hardly ever find a version of this song where Jake's solo is highlighted by his playing. You usually just see Oz jumping and running around stage acting an idiot. Mega kudos to this camera man for knowing who the real star was. Check it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIMVvxCY3zk

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:15 pm

Good post Doobie, yah that is also a very cool version of BATM. There are also some other Dortmund 1983 vids on Youtube as well. One of my alltime fave Jake/Ozzy tunes is Centre Of Eternity or Forever as it is also known. Love the guitar solo and Jake rips it up on that tune. Jake isn't loud enough in the mix of this show though for my taste. I met Carmine Appice here in Buffalo at a music store. Very cool guy, class act and a great drummer. I loved Blue Murder with Tony Franklin and badass John Sykes on vocals/guitar.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:39 pm

Badass John Sykes-Agree 100 percent!!

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:34 am

John Sykes By far be it with Blue Murder or ahite anake or thin lizzy or even tigers of Pantang rules!!!!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:37 pm

tedeeoo wrote:Badass John Sykes-Agree 100 percent!!

Hell yah tedeeoo, that first Blue Murder disc is still one of my alltime favorites. The 1987 S/T Whitesnake had some killer solos from John Sykes, especially Cryin In The Rain.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:17 pm

I love pretty much everything he's done, John is just a monster player, he has maybe the best vibrato of all time in addition to writing in my book the all time greatest hard rock guitar riff in "Still Of The Night". Hell, even my 9 year old son wants a Black Les Paul Custom with a chrome pick guard!!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:57 pm

I to have this Classic vintage "live footage" of BATM '84 video: it's a outtasight rarety jewel for sure of OZZY and his band/his Ozzy boy's so to speak guitarist Jake E. Lee, Bob Daisley, Don Airey and Tommy Aldridge fantastic lighting performance. That's a amazing stage and those "steps" when JAKE does some of his solo's he jumps on these enormous stairs with such ease and grace...'kind of freaks me out thinking be careful Jake and Ozzy he was running up them, too! Beautiful massive OZZY Stage Production: that's amazing what they all gone through and "successfully" accomplish throughout those 8O Classic '80's Tours.

Oh, huh although I have a problem w/my headphones...'the audio doesn't have enought clarity anymore/got to buy some new ones. I already know how it sounds/and that's mega-fantastic the OZZY/BATM '84 Live! I'm glad I have it in my Collection, along w/JAKE E. LEE's BADLANDS & WICKED ALLIANCE music era, too :twisted: Awesome! Thanks for sharing. peace.

Postby zepeteus » Sun May 02, 2010 3:09 am

Great link Mr Scary! TheJaydeeOldBoy seems to have many of the Dortmund ZDF Festival clips available and they are a nice change from the usual YouTube stuff; better quality and filmed in less Ozzy-cetric way. Thumbs up!

Return to All things Jake E Lee...